Remove Advertisements

[10/25] General Vezax

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10/25] General Vezax

Postby Greddy » Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:34 am

amh wrote:Seal of the Pantheon too, by the way.

Ah yes, forgot about that one..
hmm
dam I need to farm for it now...
Greddy

Postby Seloei » Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:32 am

If in 25man you don't have atleast 2 other paladins who can use hand of sacrifice on you then you've got a quite unique raid. Also a disc priest can use Pain supp on you. I just abuse the avoidance trinkets all the time during the fight to take off damage taken and we still kite him even during hardmode. Just 2 set spots and move between, ranged doesn't move at all only healers/melee.

First - Divine Protection
Second - 1. palas Hand of sacrifice + hand of protection on himself
Third - Divine Protection
Fourth - 2. palasHand of sacrifice + hand of protection on himself
Fifth - Divine Protection
Sixth - 1. palas hand of sacrifice + Divine Shield on himself
Seventh - Divine Protection
Eight - 2. palas hand of sacrifice - Divine Shield on himself
Ninth - Divine Protection
Tenth - Berserk

Actually i think the paladins can even use Divine Shield and it will be back off cooldown when they have to do it again and one paladin can do the first "3" himself since HoS is on a 2min cd. First hand of sac -> you use Hand of prot on him. Second hand of sac -> he uses divine shield. third hand of sac -> he uses hand of prot and hand of sac at the same time. That way you just need one more external cooldown to survive the nine minutes into the encounter surge. So basicly just two paladins (including you) can do this on 25man without moving.

edit: Or the other paladin can use DS on the first one, he uses his HoP on the second timer, you use HoP on the third time and for the 4. try he will have DS back. So 2 paladins can rotate external / internal cooldowns and stand still tanking
Seloei

Postby Sharkdog » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:22 am

After 3 or 4 nights of tries on Vezax overall, one of our retired Death Knight tanks happened to log on, and after another wipe they switched me out for him and cheesed the fight with him, an undergeared DK tank.

Rather discouraging, especially since I'll now probably get "We can't do Vezax without a DK tank" a lot more.
Trebeck
Protection Paladin
Hellfire-EU

"Fighting all the evil forces, bringing peace and justice to all!"
Sharkdog

Postby Dalithe » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:30 am

Paladins and Warriors can do it just as well as a DK or Druid. Even hard mode and solo tanking that.

I would like to mention though that pure avoidance is an extremely high valued key to the fight for hard mode. Also, I recommend using double trinket use on the first enrage and shield wall on second enrage (and all even after). Reason being is that will give you DS during Animus spawn and if you are serious about it then you should train how you fight for the future.

I think only once have we used a DK to tank him (successfully) and only during 10 man. Progression was warrior, then me for a bit, then our druid got back and he's tanked ever since because he is by far the easiest to heal out of us all. (nerf druids!)
Dalithe

Postby Pala » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:24 pm

Well my group killed General Vezax on 10man last night. I stood there and ate the Surging Darkness. Odds: Divine Protection, Evens: Furnace Stone, Repelling Charge (boo 3min cd). Normal melee hits for me were 13k-15k and hits during Surge of Darkness were around 25k. I tried Furnace Stone & Seal of the Pantheon duo (both 2min cd!) and the healers said both ways seemed about normal. Mostly it was them coordinating when to switch healing. I had a goofy 2/2 SA spec for the fight and was almost always full of mana. I might try my normal spec next time. Paladins can do this fight quite well.
[Palatinus] & [Kury] - Earthen Ring US
Pala
Maintankadonor

Postby Doxa » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:19 pm

I absolutely cannot tank this fight in 10 man without going completely oom then loosing General.

I'm using DP and 1/2 SA with BoSanc while we heal/CD through dmg.

Anyone else having that issue?
Tanking Trash on Doxa with Consecration(Rank3) Since 2007, on Doxah with Thunderclap since 2009 and on Doxeh with Death and Decay since 2010

Meanwhile, pulling DPS from fire with life-grip on Enlight and throwing lightning on Pneuma.
Doxa
Maintankadonor

Postby Joanadark » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:52 pm

Divine Plea doesnt work on Vezax.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Seloei » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:38 am

Post nerf this fight has become almost untankable in good gear in 10man. I had a 2/2 SA spec and i was -always- oom when i did the full rotation. When i stopped for the last minute to regen mana i only reached half before the animus spawned and had serious threat issues due to being oom.

Vezax hits me post-nerf for 7-8k on 10man... throw in 60%+ avoidance and high armor and you get little mana back. Considering just not using cooldowns to survive the surges in 10man from nowon just to keep mana up for the animus phase.
Seloei

Postby Huma » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:45 am

i tanked this one on 25 man for our guild first. i tanked 10 man guild first back in day too with the same rotation.
my cd rotation was:
Divine Plea
Pain Supression
HOSalvation + Furnace Stone and Monarch Crab
Divine Plea
Pain Supression

i was never close to die and the damage on me was predictible and easily healable. it was our first try on him as well so i was a bit worried what kinda damage i will take. but it was much easier then i thought. Threat was never a issue with the clever use of cd's, misdirects and 5 paladin that can salv. we killed mimiron and general on 25 for guild first so was a nice night. now we have to have another 10 man practicin on yoggy then he is dead as well.
Huma

Postby Doxa » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:28 am

Seloei wrote:Post nerf this fight has become almost untankable in good gear in 10man.

Well, good to know I'm not the only person that's had issues here. I'm around 27.7% dodge, 18.7% parry, 12.6% block (all unbuffed) I think. Maybe 25.5k armor or so. So, these numbers certainly aren't huge but maybe enough to be problematic.

We actually had the perfect storm of challenges last night on Vezax.

First, no one could interrupt. So, the warrior tank respec'd to be on interrupt duty. That left me to tank with no mana and 3 people doing 5.5k dps in 10 man. Just when I had forgot the sick feeling that comes over me when DPS pulls off me...

Combine my mana issues with two disc priests and it was a virtual pain in the ass. Second attempt tanking I dropped consecration from my rotation... then I dropped SS.... then I dropped HS... I still couldn't keep up with the DPS. And frankly, that's just plain unusual (I HoSalv myself on most fights and still have threat to spare). C'mon.. ya gotta admit it is fun seeing rogues Tricks of the Trade themselves instead of you. That's a sign you're doing it right.

Anyways, frustrating in the least.
Tanking Trash on Doxa with Consecration(Rank3) Since 2007, on Doxah with Thunderclap since 2009 and on Doxeh with Death and Decay since 2010

Meanwhile, pulling DPS from fire with life-grip on Enlight and throwing lightning on Pneuma.
Doxa
Maintankadonor

Postby Belloc » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:42 am

Huma wrote:i tanked this one on 25 man for our guild first. i tanked 10 man guild first back in day too with the same rotation.
my cd rotation was:
Divine Plea
Pain Supression
Divine Plea
Pain Supression

i was never close to die and the damage on me was predictible and easily healable. it was our first try on him as well so i was a bit worried what kinda damage i will take. but it was much easier then i thought. Threat was never a issue with the clever use of cd's, misdirects and 5 paladin that can salv. we killed mimiron and general on 25 for guild first so was a nice night. now we have to have another 10 man practicin on yoggy then he is dead as well.

Why would you ever need to cast Divine Plea more than once? If you've specced properly, Divine Plea will have 100% uptime after the first cast. It gets refreshed every time you hit the boss.
Belloc

Postby Treck » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:44 am

Doxa wrote:First, no one could interrupt. So, the warrior tank respec'd to be on interrupt duty.

Wat? like saying "we had no CC, so had the mages respecc and sheep them" xD

On a more serious note, i might try this out with BV gear to increase threat while decrease avoidance, i always run this with atleast one disc priest and its annoying as hell with 4k absorbs all the time, I have turned my back against him a few times just to get that mana back, the healers are very used to the fight now so their manaconservation is rather good.
Treck

Postby Doxa » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:39 am

Treck wrote:Wat? like saying "we had no CC, so had the mages respecc and sheep them" xD

Well, who would you choose?

2x Ret paladins
Prot paladin
Prot Warrior
Hunter
Moonkin
Mage
Lock
2x Disc priests

Also, I'm gonna try using BV gear next time as well.

Doxa
Maintankadonor

Postby kanst » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:12 am

We killed hard mode this week on 10 man, it really isnt as hard as I was expecting. Unfortunately our choice of raiders wasnt that robust so I had to play my rogue alt. I suck at rogue and brought little dps to the equation but at least I am conscious enough to kick the casts. We also had our feral druid go boomkin for the buffs.

However the fight isnt that bad, we had someone die early and we still killed it. On the kill we were running double disc priest, resto druid. We didnt have a heroes either.

The biggest thing is not missing interrupts and not getting hit by shadowcrashes. If you do taht and avoid life leech the healing aint half bad.

Another little trick is if healers are running low, soulstone them and let them die. They come back with a bunch of mana. We did this on our kill.
kanst

Postby Treck » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:18 pm

Doxa wrote:
Treck wrote:Wat? like saying "we had no CC, so had the mages respecc and sheep them" xD

Well, who would you choose?

2x Ret paladins
Prot paladin
Prot Warrior
Hunter
Moonkin
Mage
Lock
2x Disc priests

Also, I'm gonna try using BV gear next time as well.

The warrior?
Treck

PreviousNext

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon