[25] Patchwerk...post 3.1

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [25] Patchwerk...post 3.1

Postby Leuthas » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:10 pm

I solo tanked Patchwerk in 10-man, with two healers. Fully buffed I was at aroun 38k hp, and I don't think I was quite at 102.4% at the time. It went pretty smoothly, both healers were Naxx10/225 gear mix. We had no melee dps, but a lot of new caster dps, because of the low dps Patch enraged at 6%, though I was able to Divine Shield and keep him on me until he died.

Why?
Why can't a Warrior Thunderclap while silenced?

You're actually clapping your thighs together with a force so powerful that you generate a sonic boom and the resulting electrostatic energy. Unfortunately, when you're silenced, you can't generate the audible force from your thunder thighs.

Leuthas
Maintankadonor

Postby amh » Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:52 pm

I was thinking about 25man, and just for laughs. Guess it would be something like XT hard-mode on speed?
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Leuthas » Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:56 pm

amh wrote:I was thinking about 25man, and just for laughs. Guess it would be something like XT hard-mode on speed?

I don't think any tank could stand up to x3 hatefuls and regular melee, the damage taken all at once would not be healable (can't heal faceplanted tank).

You're actually clapping your thighs together with a force so powerful that you generate a sonic boom and the resulting electrostatic energy. Unfortunately, when you're silenced, you can't generate the audible force from your thunder thighs.

Leuthas
Maintankadonor

Postby amh » Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:24 pm

It wouldn't be all at once, though. Hatefuls are on a timer, so I think it would be melee - hateful - melee - hateful - ....

Would be fun to try, but I don't envy whoever has to set up a raid-group entirely without melee.
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Leuthas » Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:36 pm

amh wrote:It wouldn't be all at once, though. Hatefuls are on a timer, so I think it would be melee - hateful - melee - hateful - ....

Would be fun to try, but I don't envy whoever has to set up a raid-group entirely without melee.

Especially a 25man with no melee.

I've noticed that the regular melee and hatefuls on patchwerk don't coordinate in timing, so they will end up hitting all in a very small time frame. If I take normal melee then two hatefulls immediately afterwards, I'd die - maybe 3.2 AD would save me though. Could go with a tactic like my pre-BC guild did in Naxx and AQ40, where we stacked healers on each tank for certain fights, you never know, maybe 6-8 healers could do it. I'd say 3 FoL spamming Pallies, two HL spamming Pallies with a Druid for HoTs. :mrgreen: Five Paladins other than myself could chain cast Divine Sac, Hand of Sac and such.

I've been wanting to get 25 excellent raiders to do Naxx25 in questing gear. :twisted:

Leuthas
Maintankadonor

Previous

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon