[Ret-PvE] Glove Enchant/Engineering

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

[Ret-PvE] Glove Enchant/Engineering

Postby Doogiehowser » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:15 pm

What's generally the best/better enchant to a ret pally's glove? Obviously, I can get Crusher, but I have Engineering maxed and was wondering if the Hand Mounted Rocket was better? My napkin math implies that it is, but I wanted to double check with all the smarties out there.
Doogiehowser

Re: [Ret-PvE] Glove Enchant/Engineering

Postby Dorvan » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:18 pm

If you're an engineer, use the hyperspeed accelerators.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Doogiehowser » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:20 pm

Wow, I looked at those too and I guess I'm just pretty bad at math. Thanks Dorvan for the jungle-cat-like response.
Doogiehowser

Postby Dorvan » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:23 pm

Actually, I might have to reneg on that. I'm used to look at this stuff for my rogue (where the accelerators win), but according to Rawr the pyro rockets are actually better for Ret.

Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Doogiehowser » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:31 pm

Well, the RAWR I'm looking at is saying it has a 45 second cooldown while wowhead is saying it's a 1 min cooldown, so I'm at a loss on who to believe.

One more question, I know it causes a cooldown on trinket usage but I would imagine just macroing in a "/use 10" to your Crusader Strike should make it used 95% of the time? Correct?
Doogiehowser

Postby Dorvan » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:37 pm

That's what my rogue does with his hyperspeed accelerators (macro'ed to Mutilate in his case). Also, wowhead comments confirm the 45 sec cooldown, there's just an error in the tooltip.

Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Doogiehowser » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:42 pm

Thank you Dorvan.

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

/salute
Doogiehowser

Postby Proudfoot » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:07 pm

So the rockets are better even after 3.2?
Dear Blizzard, Paper is fine but Rock needs to be nerfed.
Sincerely, Scissors
Proudfoot

Postby Kelaan » Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:04 pm

Good question.

Do you guys notice problems when you use those things on cooldown? Do you save the hyperspeed accelerators for Heroism, or just keep them on cooldown? (I guess at 45 secs, do it on CD, right?)
Kelaan

Postby rodos » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:06 pm

Kelaan wrote:Do you guys notice problems when you use those things on cooldown? Do you save the hyperspeed accelerators for Heroism, or just keep them on cooldown? (I guess at 45 secs, do it on CD, right?)

I don't think stacking hyperspeed with heroism really gives you any special benefit, unless it's the difference between getting one more auto-attack in before AW runs out. The % haste is the same regardless of heroism. Better to use an AP trinket with heroism so you get more attacks in with the higher AP.

For the pyro rocket, heroism again does nothing for you, so just try to use 'em while AW is up (although just keeping them on CD is probably better unless you're really good at judging the 45s cooldown with the AW cooldown, especially if you're trying to save AW for Heroism).
rodos

Postby Kelaan » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:03 pm

That's a good point.

Haste is a %increase on a fraction of my damage. Using it while I have a +AP or +AW effect up is preferred.
Using AP+Hyperspeed items in conjunction is good (or at least Not Bad), and if you get more in even if not during AW/Heroism, it's probably a net win.

Any down side to that reasoning?

Also, someone mentioned the rockets... how can we figure out which is better? Is the burst-threat from rockets problematic enough to not use them right at the get-go, or are they substantially better (still) than the hyperspeed accelerators? I would imagine that, as autoattack+seal DPS increases, the rockets could be eclipsed ... but I have no idea where that point is.
Kelaan

Postby Elsie » Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:11 pm

The haste scales better than the pyro-rocket gloves; however, the haste never scales higher than the rockets in current content even with all best in slot gear.

Remember you cannot count +dps% buffs such as avenging Wrath in for the haste alone as it also scales the pyro rockets. Also, the rockets are elemental damage and thus scale with %dmg buffs (avenging wrath), %magic buffs (ebon plague), crit buffs (HotC). I don't know if it scales with the boomkin aura but I suspect it does. The only thing it doesn't scale with is +physical and +haste effects. Obviously the haste glove enchant scales with these and the before, but it works differently of course.
Elsie

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes