Remove Advertisements

BV libram swapping

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Re: BV libram swapping

Postby Belzebina » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:12 am

Allo!

Seloei wrote:i almost lost agro on flame leviathan base where i usually have a 40% lead by the end of p1.

Flame Leviathan... P1? Uhm? Maybe Mimiron?

BB! 8)
Belzebina

Postby Pizbit » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:29 am

Argali wrote:Changing equipment now triggers a global cooldown. Healers were abusing weapon changing, so they nerfed it.

Sowwy :(
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby Seloei » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:41 am

does flame leviathan have more than one phase :)
It was Mimiron phase1, flame leviathan mk2 or flame leviathan base.
As usual, forgot to say everything in the short reply.

The BV effects do stack but you have to be eyeing your bars or get an addon like xorcist to announce when they become active to not go into the problems i had. This is doable but it requires VERY good timing and you will still lose 0.2-0.5s by waiting for the spell to become ready instead of mashing it moments before it's off gcd. Overall, you gain some block value but you will take a loss in TPS.

The basic idea behind this works but it is very very hard to execute. Maybe after a month or two of training you could get it to work perfect.
Seloei

Postby Amaranthea » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:11 am

Seloei wrote:does flame leviathan have more than one phase :)

The BV effects do stack but you have to be eyeing your bars or get an addon like xorcist to announce when they become active to not go into the problems i had. This is doable but it requires VERY good timing and you will still lose 0.2-0.5s by waiting for the spell to become ready instead of mashing it moments before it's off gcd. Overall, you gain some block value but you will take a loss in TPS.

The basic idea behind this works but it is very very hard to execute. Maybe after a month or two of training you could get it to work perfect.

Or, you could use the macros I posted to avoid the problem of swapping too early. It's still not a good idea on anything threat sensitive though, especially after 3.2.
Amaranthea

Postby Cema » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:07 am

Amaranthea wrote:
Seloei wrote:does flame leviathan have more than one phase :)

Or, you could use the macros I posted to avoid the problem of swapping too early. It's still not a good idea on anything threat sensitive though, especially after 3.2.

sorry but your macro is too long for the game (in french I mean)

/cast Judgement of Wisdom
/run local f=RbA or CreateFrame("Frame","RbA") f:SetScript("OnEvent",function(s,e,u,p) if u=="player" and p=="Judgement of Wisdom" then EquipItemByName("Libram of the Sacred") end end) f:RegisterEvent("UNIT_SPELLCAST_SUCCEEDED")

Is there any way to make this one shorter? in french "Libram of the sacred" is " Libram de Bouclier sacré" blablablah ..

edit : ok. i found a way. maybe interesting for the few other french people here

replace Judgement of wisdom by consecrate. The macro will be shorter but this way you will always have to use
1 - holy shield
2 - judgement
3 - consecrate

Casts Holy Shield and equips LOO:

/cast Holy Shield
/run local f=RbA or CreateFrame("Frame","RbA") f:SetScript("OnEvent",function(s,e,u,p) if u=="player" and p=="Holy Shield" then EquipItemByName("Libram of Obstruction") end end) f:RegisterEvent("UNIT_SPELLCAST_SUCCEEDED")

this one works great in french. I thank you
Last edited by Cema on Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cema

Postby fuzzygeek » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:51 am

You can truncate the name of the libram? Libram de Bouc -- in the English version the name is truncated (Libram of the Sacred).
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Amaranthea » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:16 am

fuzzygeek wrote:You can truncate the name of the libram? Libram de Bouc -- in the English version the name is truncated (Libram of the Sacred).

This. I'm pretty sure all you need is enough to uniquely identify the item from your bags.

The actual English name is "Libram of the Sacred Shield" so I'm sure you can leave off a word as well.
Amaranthea

Postby Jonesy » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:07 am

Cema wrote:sorry but your macro is too long for the game (in french I mean)

/run local f=RbA or CreateFrame("Frame","RbA") f:SetScript("OnEvent",function(s,e,u,p) if u=="player" and p=="Judgement of Wisdom" then EquipItemByName("Libram of the Sacred") end end) f:RegisterEvent("UNIT_SPELLCAST_SUCCEEDED")

Is there any way to make this one shorter?

Other people have already given you the better solution, but if you can't make it short enough, you could do:

EquipItemByName(45145)
Jonesy

Postby Nitra » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:44 pm

Has anyone modified these macros and tested yet with Libram of Defiance?
And if so, are you swapping all 3 of them?
Currently I'm able to swap both BV Librams with no real issue, in game latency is running under 60ms always.
I'm also slightly unsure where I'd put the LoD swap macro to be most effective.
Nitra

Postby Jerey-Darkspear » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:36 pm

Nitra wrote:Has anyone modified these macros and tested yet with Libram of Defiance?
And if so, are you swapping all 3 of them?
Currently I'm able to swap both BV Librams with no real issue, in game latency is running under 60ms always.
I'm also slightly unsure where I'd put the LoD swap macro to be most effective.

It depends on the order of your 9's.

Judgement (LoO) -> Holy Shield (LoD) -> Consecrate (LotSS)
Judgement (LoD) -> Consecrate (LoO) -> Holy Shield (LotSS)

Of course, you're not always using Hammer of the Righteous after every Holy Shield or Judgement, depending on which rotation you use, but this will make it available for the times you do. It's the simplest way to do it. More complicated ways would involve buff-checking and cooldown-checking, which are beyond the scope of a macro.
Jerey-Darkspear

Postby sublimated » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:48 pm

I just tested libam swapping last night between sacred shield and LoO.

The macro I made was

#showtooltip Judgement of Light
/cast Judgement of Light
/equip Libram of the Sacred Shield

#showtooltip Holy Shield
/cast Holy Shield
/equip Libram of Obstruction

Having said that, I tested it at a target dummy, pity they don't show TPS, but I parsed through the dps later.

Did half hour of clean rotations of judge/ShoR/holy shield (didn't do full rotation for mana conservation :P)

Once with libram swapping and once without.

My base BV was 1166 unbuffed, which was at a steady 1960-ish when libram swapping and around 1500ish with just the LoO.

Lo and behold.

With libram swapping my dps was roughly 900.
With using just the LoO my dps was roughly 1300.

That was in a perfect scenario where I could just hit buttons as they came off cd and not mash them waiting for the next gcd to come off as I normally do when actually tanking.

The swing reset timer that comes with libram swapping is felt now more than ever with the changes in SoV. I don't believe libram swapping was ever worth it, much less now than before.

My two and a half copper.
sublimated

Postby Jerey-Darkspear » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:16 pm

sublimated wrote:I just tested libam swapping last night between sacred shield and LoO.

The macro I made was

#showtooltip Judgement of Light
/cast Judgement of Light
/equip Libram of the Sacred Shield

#showtooltip Holy Shield
/cast Holy Shield
/equip Libram of Obstruction

Having said that, I tested it at a target dummy, pity they don't show TPS, but I parsed through the dps later.

Did half hour of clean rotations of judge/ShoR/holy shield (didn't do full rotation for mana conservation :P)

Once with libram swapping and once without.

My base BV was 1166 unbuffed, which was at a steady 1960-ish when libram swapping and around 1500ish with just the LoO.

Lo and behold.

With libram swapping my dps was roughly 900.
With using just the LoO my dps was roughly 1300.

That was in a perfect scenario where I could just hit buttons as they came off cd and not mash them waiting for the next gcd to come off as I normally do when actually tanking.

The swing reset timer that comes with libram swapping is felt now more than ever with the changes in SoV. I don't believe libram swapping was ever worth it, much less now than before.

My two and a half copper.

What was your latency?
Jerey-Darkspear

Postby sublimated » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:13 pm

Jerey-Darkspear wrote:What was your latency?

I didn't actually take notice, but it usually sits around 300-400 due to Oceanic servers being y'know, in America.
sublimated

Postby Jerey-Darkspear » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:13 pm

sublimated wrote:
Jerey-Darkspear wrote:What was your latency?

I didn't actually take notice, but it usually sits around 300-400 due to Oceanic servers being y'know, in America.

That would do it. Will be interesting to see Theck's analysis if he decides to do it; he mentioned it sometime this summer. Maybe compare various latency levels, assuming swapping gcd = 1.5 + latency instead of the 1.5 you get without swapping.

Also, keep in mind, from a pure survival standpoint, libram swapping is superior to not libram swapping. Your threat only has to be higher than the next highest threat member.
Jerey-Darkspear

Postby Metheoro » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:33 pm

Amaranthea wrote:Casts JoW and then equips LotSS:

Casts Holy Shield and equips LOO:

/cast Holy Shield
/run local f=RbA or CreateFrame("Frame","RbA") f:SetScript("OnEvent",function(s,e,u,p) if u=="player" and p=="Holy Shield" then EquipItemByName("Libram of Obstruction") end end) f:RegisterEvent("UNIT_SPELLCAST_SUCCEEDED")

Both macros are spammable and won't switch your libram early.

Excuse me, im really new at macros,
what do i have to edit in order to work?
i just understand that where it says "player" i have to put my nick, but the rest?
run local f=rba OR creatframe? that means i have to pick one o f the other?

help
Metheoro

PreviousNext

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations