Remove Advertisements

Naxx min stats

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Naxx min stats

Postby Dzzope » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:50 pm

Well your probably thinking that I'm looking for my stats checked.. but no.. what I'm looking for is the rough outline of stats for each role in a 25 man raid on naxx..

I've trolled many forums and google is worn out but I have only found a simple outline of the stats needed for 10 man naxx

As one of the main raid organizers in my guild I'm tired of people asking me what do I need as... and checking gear on classes I have no real idea of isn't going to work out fair..

So.. The question.. Roughly what dps should each of our dps be doing unbuffed.. For casters roughly what sp should they have and for melee what ap?

How much sp does a healer need.. what kind of mana re-gen and mana pool?

And finally tanks.. I have well over the minimum myself.. but what is the rough minimum avoidance / block / hp / dps(tps) etc a tank should have?

Thanks in advance for any help given

"Ambitious but Rubbish"
Dzzope

Re: Naxx min stats

Postby Neejo » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:00 am

dps should be around 1700, as for you > read the stickies
Ebann `Protection Paladin ` Shattered Hand - EU
Neejo

Postby Dzzope » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:58 am

Neejo wrote:dps should be around 1700, as for you > read the stickies

re-read the post.. I'm not worried about my gear.. what I want is a rough outline I can post on my guilds forums that covers all raiders all classes (not too in-depth) and isn't paladin specific..

something along the lines of what I found for 10 man (feel free to correct any info that is off the mark here..

Starting with naxx 10 man

Tanks

540 defense rating- Uncrittable
20k unbuffed health, more is better
High mitigation values for the class. (>55% not to take a hit in general, might vary based upon class. Assumes base 5% miss chance on most mobs, talents, and all your avoidance factors added together.)

Healers

1500 unbuffed spell power
16000 mana pool
High regen (mp5/crit/spirit depending on class and heal style. A paladin will favor crit, priests and druids favor spirit. Shaman can have high crit if using the lesser healing wave heal style [needs lesser healing wave glyph to be the most effective] or high mp5 for a more generalized heal style.)

DPS

Assuming Patchwerk as the gear check, dps need to pull 1800 unbuffed dps [maintained for 6 minutes]. This assumes that raid buffs add 200 dps to each person, that tanks pull 800 dps (for 2 tanks) and that there are 3 healers in the raid.

We're not doing Patchwerk first, but his enrage timer makes a good goal to shoot for.

[The math for patchwerk starts with his hp 4,320,000. Divide that by 60x6 for his enrage timer. That gives you 12000 total raid dps needed to beat the timer. If you subtract the 2 tanks (assuming ~800 dps per tank*) that gives you 10400 dps needed. Assuming you have 3 healers, that gives you 5 dps. That means your dps needs to pull 2080 dps to down him before the enrage. Assuming an extra 200 dps from raid buffs, that means you need 1800 dps unbuffed to down him before the enrage.]

"Ambitious but Rubbish"
Dzzope

Postby Pizbit » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:37 am

I'd go 24k HP tank unbuffed HP and nearer total 45% pure avoidance as more realistic.
I see you didn't mention it, but in case you're wondering, don't bother asking for a minimum block value.
I'd probably say tanks would be doing at least 1k DPS on Patch due to unlimited mana/rage.

Healers looks about right.

DPS I'd be expecting nearer 2k DPS raid buffed, anyone below 1.7k I wouldn't bother bringing.
Communication is key:)
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby Spectrum » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:28 am

There really is only one good way to see if someone is ready: Run a heroic with them and see how they perform. Tanks should be easy to heal and not be forced to pop cooldowns on bosses or trash. They should be able to pick up multiple mobs, such as the waves of trash on the first boss in AN and be on the ball picking up adds in places like CoS.

Healing should be comfortable, with no one dying due to AE and the tank getting a heal at least every 3 seconds if needed.

DPS should be able to pull 1700-2k. So far I haven't hit 80 with a DPS class and not been able to do 1700 that day.

A good test might be CoS timed runs. If they can't do that, they're going to have some trouble in Naxx. You get a spiffy dragon to boot.
Spectrum
Maintankadonor

Postby Corpsicle » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:44 pm

For a specific, personal judgement I'd say you need to know your raider. Someone in greens/blues that has the right balance of stats can do 1500 dps on hitting 80. Someone in all epics that doesn't understand their class or needed stats can do 900 dps.

A general guide for dps gear wise is to be hit capped, or close, with out sacrificing other important stats completely. Hit cap does you no good if you have 500 attack power or 5% crit as a ret paladin. The general guide listed already for 10 man nax seems reasonable to me for 25 man nax as well.
Corpsicle

Postby lythac » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:10 am

Dzzope wrote:Starting with naxx 10 man

Tanks

540 defense rating- Uncrittable
20k unbuffed health, more is better
High mitigation values for the class. (>55% not to take a hit in general, might vary based upon class. Assumes base 5% miss chance on most mobs, talents, and all your avoidance factors added together.)

Pizbit wrote:I'd go 24k HP tank unbuffed HP and nearer total 45% pure avoidance as more realistic.

I put together this chardev template. Its BS craftable gear, with cheap but decent enchants, no trinkets, 2 quest rings, quest neck and Wymrest accord rep. The only 2 items of value are the titansteel shield and helm. Frankly the whole thing can be put together for less than 2k so its what I would say is an absolute minimum.

Avoidance 42%
HP 21.5k
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby Pizbit » Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:11 pm

I was thinking they'd run some heroics and what not first >.>
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby Phez » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:48 pm

Ok, an issue that I am currently running into is with people doing gear inspections and turning me away based on that.

I have a pretty much brand new ret paladin, in mostly blues with a few greens (pants, gloves, trinkets, rings). There was a 10 man naxx group starting and looking for DPS so I pipe up and tell em I'll dps for them. I get the invite and one of the guys does a gear check on starts calling me out on my gear telling me that my gear sucks and I shouldn't be going. I tell them that even though my gear isn't the greatest, I can put out 2k dps with 5 man buffs, which should be fine for 10 man naxx (which is really just an extended heroic instance in my mind).

Anyway, I get a whisper from the guy running the PUG telling me that my gear isn't good enough to go with them and get booted...I then run heroics with pugs, doing just over 2k dps with the buffs and getting enough badges to replace my belt (yay purples....apparently the color means you're good or something). I also went and bought some blue pvp gear to replace the green pants, it's a slight upgrade to the greens but really not enough to make much of a difference, but it IS blue so that means it's better right? (That's sarcasm there folks).

I know i'm bitching, but I wasn't taken to a 10 man naxx because i was wearing greens even though my dps was satisfactory for the lvl of content.
Kierlyn - 85 Tankadin/Retadin
Lighthaven - 85 Feral Tank/Kitty
Gimbal - 85 Blood/Frost DK
Lots o' Alts
Phez

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon