[25] Patchwerk...post 3.1

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [25] Patchwerk...post 3.1

Postby Panzerdin » Sat May 09, 2009 12:48 pm

Malthrax wrote:
Panzerdin wrote: They aren't casting Holy Light nearly enough. Even with no haste, they should be managing 100 Holy Lights, and neither was above 50, which is frankly bollocks. Counting in haste, and either your WWS is wrong or your Paladin healers are terrible.

So, is it your opinion that, on this fight in a MT/2xOT config with 2 holy paladins, that the holy paladins should be pretty much doing NOTHING BUT casting Holy Light on their healing assignments? If so, I'll let them both know for next time that "people with far more experience than thou have said holylightspamFTW so quit wasting time on the small heals".

Yes, that is my opinion. Refer them to http://www.pinkraidframes.com/blog/?page_id=9.
Panzerdin

Location: On a picket line, protesting against the changes to Maintankadin

Postby Irons » Thu May 14, 2009 11:00 pm

Did it with a pug yesterday, I OT'ed and we did whipe on the first try, but healers were raidhealing (even if we told the healers not to)
Second try was flawless though, fairly sure that the only reason we whiped the first was healers not paying attention.
The art of pleasing is the art of deception.
-Marquis De Vauvenargues
Irons

Postby amh » Fri May 15, 2009 12:25 am

Irons wrote:healers were raidhealing

They were healing what?
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Irons » Tue May 19, 2009 6:48 am

amh wrote:

They were healing what?

firstly, all melee dps jumped to the green goo, and as much as I hate the whole debate in raids I'we been to (most hp gets hit etc etc) they were at half hp and for some reason two or three of the healers saw it as their duty to heal them up, when they got healed up, they jumped in the goo again, rinse and repeat...

end of it all was that I got two strikes and died :\
-Marquis De Vauvenargues
Irons

Postby Shirak » Tue May 19, 2009 8:34 am

The question I have is how can you keep spamming holy light through the whole fight? I'd run OOM before Patch was at 50% health...

When I'm holy specced I ~38% crit rate for holy spells. but I can spam HL that much.
Tuberon wrote:Tanking *is* crowd control.

You run into a crowd, and proceed to control it.
Shirak

Postby Belloc » Tue May 19, 2009 11:42 am

Irons wrote:
amh wrote:

They were healing what?

firstly, all melee dps jumped to the green goo, and as much as I hate the whole debate in raids I'we been to (most hp gets hit etc etc) they were at half hp and for some reason two or three of the healers saw it as their duty to heal them up, when they got healed up, they jumped in the goo again, rinse and repeat...

end of it all was that I got two strikes and died :\

I guess that's why it was a pug, eh? I hate it when people believe in that retarded BS.
Belloc

Postby Irons » Tue May 19, 2009 11:14 pm

Belloc wrote:
I guess that's why it was a pug, eh? I hate it when people believe in that retarded BS.

I call it a pug but it was more like 16 players from one guild and some randoms, I have heard so much back and forth that I just go with what they say (I'm a tank anyway so what do I care of what DPS do) xD
-Marquis De Vauvenargues
Irons

Postby Levantine » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:38 am

Ugh, I just shut up and let the retards stand in the goo, since it makes them feel so much better about it. :roll:
Levantine

Postby Rykkan » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:01 am

Dingot0m wrote:
Belloc wrote:It's the same fight as it has been since WotLK launched. Nothing has changed.

On a somewhat related topic, I need to attempt patchwerk with less than 540 defense, soon. I'm almost positive that he is incapable of critting. I know that his hatefuls cannot crit, which leads me to believe that his normal attacks cannot crit.

I don't know if I'm missing something, but how are those two in any way connected? Why should Patch be incapable of scoring a crit with normal attacks, just because HS can't crit? Yellow attacks haven't been able to crit for years, think that was changed in a 1.0x-patch. Maybe you meant something else and I'm just hugely misunderstanding where you're going with this..

Patchwerk cannot crit at all. That is from Blizzard. There are certain bosses they made not crit, because of how hard they hit. If patchwerk could crit he would probably 1 shot alot of tanks.

And he also does hit the 2 highest Health people in melee range with the hatefuls. Which is why most melee go in the goo. Your healers should know never to heal anyone but the tanks.

If your having problems on Patchwerk and your tanks are geared, then your healers are slacking or just crappy.
US-Black Dragonflight
80 Deathknight - Velurn | 80 Hunter - Rentu | 80 Shaman - Talzar
80 Druid - Xanthaan | 80 Mage - Anstalt | 72 Warrior - Grimzor
Rykkan

Postby cerwillis » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:56 pm

Rykkan wrote:And he also does hit the 2 highest Health people in melee range with the hatefuls. Which is why most melee go in the goo. Your healers should know never to heal anyone but the tanks.

This isn't exactly true, and is the source of the slime-dipping 'strat'

WowWiki wrote: * Hateful Strike:

Patchwerk will use this ability at a 1 second frequency on the target in melee range with the highest HP who is also one of the top three on Patchwerk's aggro list. Cannot be used on the main tank unless there are no other targets. This means that if you have 3 tanks, the rest of the melee is perfectly safe as long as they stay below the threat of all 3 tanks and none of the tanks die. Does 79,000 to 81,000 raw physical damage which can mitigated by armour and parried/dodged. This is about 23,000 damage on a partially Naxxramas geared tank. This ability will add threat to the three most threatening on Patchwerk's aggro list.

Note: The 40-man level 60 version of Patchwerk selected hateful targets from the 2nd, 3rd and 4th melee targets on threat, however due to misunderstandings about the mechanics melee DPS would often get the slime debuff to reduce their HP. This misunderstanding has continued to the present today. It is not and has never been necessary for melee DPS to reduce their HP if the tanks are all doing their job.

So if melee watch their threat, and/or tanks keep good threat, no slime is needed.
Mistawillis - Cerwillis - Turbowillis - Evilan
<Silent Resolve> Durotan/SW:TOR Shii-Cho
Miniwillis <PK> SC
cerwillis
Maintankadonor

Postby amh » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:30 pm

Rykkan wrote:Patchwerk cannot crit at all. That is from Blizzard.

This part is fine.

Rykkan wrote:There are certain bosses they made not crit, because of how hard they hit. If patchwerk could crit he would probably 1 shot alot of tanks.

This part makes very little sense, since tanks gear to become uncrittable anyway.. >.> Whether or not Patchwerk can crit is an amusing question, but it has extremely little relevance since you shouldn't be in danger of taking a crit anyway.

Just have a look at Ulduar. Whole lot of bosses in there two-shot tanks. If said tanks were crittable, then yeah, they could be one-shot instead. Doesn't mean Blizzard would deactivate critical strike-chance for every hard-hitting boss in game.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby lythac » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:36 am

Rykkan wrote:Patchwerk cannot crit at all. That is from Blizzard.

Source please, Patchwerk can most definitely crit or he could pre 3.1 and I haven't seen notes since then saying otherwise - viewtopic.php?f=25&t=18378&start=19#wrap

Lythac wrote:By accident "my friend" once MTed him with half dps and half prot gear on. Had 29k health buffed, 40% avoidance and 2% chance to be crit, AV and BV would have still been decent enough. Boss died despite some nastyish crits so likely a small element of luck was involved.

WWS has long expired but took the screenshot of it at the time.

To explain further I was DPS on Maexnna without much dps gear at that time and a lot of my BV tanking gear was superior DPS to my blue ret pieces. Forgot to gear swap, tanked the trash before Patchwerk and proceeded to MT Patchwerk.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby Auroris » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:47 am

iirc - They hotfixed Patchwerk to only hit the two highest targets with the highest threat. Not that it matters much to geared tanks, cause they can sustain tps to stay above the dps. The issue with this though - it slows down and REMOVES the 1 tank or two tank strat on 25man. ;/ Basically they removed the need of a major dps race and only added it to a gear check. Healers fault if the tank dies on this fight, not the tanks. Range have 0% threat - Melee have the benefit of 30% threat. Tanks have the rest of the 70% to stay above the melee.

Thats if I remember correctly.
"Someday the Glory will Fade and only Memories will remain."
Auroris

Postby Belloc » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:04 pm

Exolaeth wrote:iirc - They hotfixed Patchwerk to only hit the two highest targets with the highest threat. Not that it matters much to geared tanks, cause they can sustain tps to stay above the dps. The issue with this though - it slows down and REMOVES the 1 tank or two tank strat on 25man. ;/ Basically they removed the need of a major dps race and only added it to a gear check. Healers fault if the tank dies on this fight, not the tanks. Range have 0% threat - Melee have the benefit of 30% threat. Tanks have the rest of the 70% to stay above the melee.

Thats if I remember correctly.

They didn't hotfix anything.

Patchwerk hateful eligible targets have always been the x-amount of highest threat players. Out of those targets, the player with the highest health gets hatefulled. It's been this way since... Naxxramas at 60.

Solo tank strategy has only ever worked on 10 man and only if there are no melee. Duo-tank strategy, which is still feasible for 25-man, relies on healers keeping a high health (usually bear) OT constantly topped off. If the bear is always above 30k health, melee won't get hatefulled (unless they have more than 30k health, of course).

So, again, nothing about this fight has changed since WotLK went live.
Belloc

Postby amh » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:06 pm

Has anyone tried solo-tanking it btw? It's probably doable with sufficient EH.
amh
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon