Remove Advertisements

General Vezax Hard Mode

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: General Vezax Hard Mode

Postby Rehlachs » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:26 am

Seloei wrote:getting them both in position is not hard if you are not kiting at all on 25man

Because of the very different size of their hitboxes, the ranged dps have to move around quite a bit and end up way too near for the clashes - therefore you probably want the Animus on on the "casters's side" relative to Vezax.

The only way (I can think of right now) to prevent these problems is tanking Vezax right at the wall behind him from the start.
Rehlachs

Postby Threatco » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:23 am

We are going for this tonight.

The plan.

Dk tanking him in 1 spot near Animus spawn spot, but a bit to the middle of room.

Disc Priest (Will be at ranged shielding from shadow crashes)
Resto druid (Will melee for clearcasting procs, then go 3x lifebloom from shadowcrashes)
Holy Paladin (Will be in melee range main tank healing with sacred shield and flash of light)

Moonkin
Warlock
Mage 2x
Hunter
Blood DK (Interupting)

The ranges are assigned to pairs. Moonkin + warlock. Mages. Hunter + disc priest. They are assigned to 3 points around vezax.

The idea is that even though 6 people are at ranged in 10 man, it reduces confusion and risk of mark of the faceless ticks.

The pairs stay together. When 1 gets a shadow crash, they share it (as far part from each other on same crash as they can), then they watch for their partner to get mark of the faceless and move apart 15 yards til it's gone.

The druid lifeblooms from the hunter/priest crash. He is pro enough to not bring mark of faceless to melee.

My concern is we will not have enough dps (dk and hunter tend to be low)

I will
a) replace hunter with a warlock
b) 2 Heal it with paladin and disc. Hace druid moonkin for 2x moonkins.
c) replace the dk dps for a ranged dps. And count on the dk tank to get every interupt (has not been succesful in normal mode yet)

Hope this works.
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Postby Dalithe » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:16 pm

Hoping to get a good shot this week on this. Last week never made it in but the week before we got him to 10% after Animus was down but range could not avoid the shadow crashes after animus spawned.

1 prot pally
1 resto shaman healer
1 prot pally healer
1 fury warrior
2 shadow priest
1 warlock
1 hunter
and 2 others and for the life of me I cannot remember what they were.

Tanked through the enrages. Double dodge trinkets for first one and shield wall 2nd one. (Reasoning was that gives me Avenging Wrath on pull and also the timing sets up perfectly so when Animus forms shield wall cooldown is ready).

Our problem is DBM stops calling Shadow Crashes, and /focus doesn't keep it going. So we run out of range and then we get shadowcrash on the melee. Any tips that I can give the range? I try telling them forget dpsing and just avoid the damn crashes and let melee do it...but they want to do their part. I'd rather them just keep crashes away from us so that we can finish what we are doing.
Dalithe

Postby Belloc » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:43 pm

Have one of your healers with DBM announce on targeting Vezax the whole fight.

If that's not an option (it is), then have your DPS actually watching the boss. The spikes are thrown from him. If they simply angle their camera up, they can see it happening. It's pretty obvious where they are heading. Add in a little max range and they have plenty of time to move.
Belloc

Postby Joanadark » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:22 am

Question for 25 man Hard mode, not sure if this is mentioned anywhere but...

Is it possible to tank General and the Animus on 25 man? or is the damage too much?

I very seriously doubt it. Even a Full BiS MT with a cooldown running would fall over when the first Surge of Darkness happened.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Dalithe » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:09 am

Finally got it this week. 10 man.

Prot Pally tank
Prot Pally Healer
Disc Priest
Elemental Shaman x2
Hunter
Rogue
Warriorx2
Shadowpriest

ate the enrages, and when Range stayed outta shadow crashes we finished up strong. I felt good to solo tank it when everyone else uses 2 tanks or DK tanks.

Good luck to everyone goin' for this.

25 man the Druid will do it lol...if range ever learns what a shadow crash is...
Dalithe

Postby Threatco » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:20 am

did your healers have to do anything special with shadow crashes or just stack on the boss?

Did your ranged dps ever share a shadow crash, or just use their own?
Threatco

Postby Dalithe » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:28 am

Both healers stood near me. They couldn't stand behind the boss because the Animus spawns and one shots them to quickly for me to help. For range dps they mostly used their own and stayed away from others. They only came close if they needed a heal otherwise they were generally on their own.

Also, had the hunter use AotP to give them extra run speed. When the Animus spawned he turned it off.
Dalithe

Postby fafhrd » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:46 am

While I suppose there are arguments on both sides from the tanking PoV for whether to kite or not, from the DPS Pov not kiting is massively better. The fight goes from being a horrible painful mess of people running around and being oom to being a neat organized affair where if something goes wrong, you know exactly what, and exactly whose fault it was.

On 10 we we don't kite, all the ranged dps stands in one spot, if a crash is incoming we move left (and the disc priest also in the crash moves right), if a mark of the faceless is cast on someone that one person gets out fast and no one else moves an inch - all our ranged has either blink, demonic teleport or disengage, so all can get out before a single tick of the heal gets off.

On 25 we're trying the same thing. No real issues with the crashes, but since we have to deal with ranged dps that aren't mages, warlock or hunters the mark of the faceless is a bit harder to deal with - dps is somewhat behind when we make the elemental shamans and moonkin and spriests go stand in melee range without a crash - still, so long as they save their mana for when the animus spawns their lack of DPS the rest of the fight isn't that big of a deal.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Seloei » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:31 pm

Our locks said demonic teleportation doesn't work?

I'm still going by the kiting strategy but mixed with my shieldwall. You tank him through one surge at the start, kite the other 3 to the same spot so that ranged never have to move and when the animus spawn he will lose his +100% damage buff the moment he spawns and you can be ready to pick him up if you are single tanking it in 10man.

Altho, i was wondering, have you ever had a mage jump from 122% threat to 180% of your threat in one go? It wasn't in the start, it was around 40% left on vezax once and 60% on animus. He jumped from 60% behind to almost 200k ahead (nearly double what i had) in one second.

He claimed it was invisibility not going off fully but...
Seloei

Postby Joanadark » Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:24 am

you have to place the teleport circle once youve entered combat, not before the pull.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Treck » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:16 am

Joanadark wrote:you have to place the teleport circle once youve entered combat, not before the pull.

Oh, ill tell our warlocks that aswell then, since they kept whining it didnt work, but they did put it down before combat.
Got to be something special about vezax then, since i know it works for other fights even if you put the cirkle down pre fight.
Treck

Postby Threatco » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:09 am

We got it!

Me druid and disc healer. DK tank. Ret DK Moonkin Mage Elesham warlock DPS.

It took a while for dps to learn how to NOT get hit by shadowcrashes in phase 2 when dbm messes up. Eventually we got assist, dbm announce and focus on so it stopped being an issue.

It was tight though, at the end the ret and ele sham had to heal.

Threatco

Postby Falibard » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:12 am

Threatco wrote:We got it!

Me druid and disc healer. DK tank. Ret DK Moonkin Mage Elesham warlock DPS.

It took a while for dps to learn how to NOT get hit by shadowcrashes in phase 2 when dbm messes up. Eventually we got assist, dbm announce and focus on so it stopped being an issue.

It was tight though, at the end the ret and ele sham had to heal.

Wasn't the ret pally doing laughably small heals? >.>
Falibard

Postby Candiru » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:41 am

Sacred shield, 100% crit rate and Sheath make it reasonable I guess?
Candiru

PreviousNext

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon