Remove Advertisements

Dodge DR *not the standard question*

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Re: Dodge Diminishing Returns

Postby caboom » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:17 am

Edited due to miss information, news travels slow for me it seems. :P
Last edited by caboom on Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
caboom

Postby Anorian » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:38 am

caboom wrote:
The catch is, if you like avoidance, start getting some parry aswell, gone are the days of TBC over 9000 dodge, now DR will kick you in the nuttz and each avoidance stat has a separate DR as far as I can tell.

Sorry for beeing way offtopic :P

The point made by Drathian, is that parry gets better than dodge at a 700 rating difference. Since a lot of tank gear comes with parry by default you never want to stack it really since its hard to get that 700 rating difference with current itemization making dodge still superior and probably staying that for long time.
Anorian

Postby daemonym » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:47 am

Anorian wrote:...that parry gets better than dodge at a 700 rating difference.

does this account for agility and such from base+buffs as well? as currently unbuffed i have over 26 dodge and 20 parry, a few nights ago in a 25m i was over 30% dodge before the pull (we were doing patch and debating on who was going to soak based on avoidance is why i know), and that seems rather high to me.
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

Re: Dodge DR *not the standard question*

Postby Playdoh » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:18 am

540 defense is about 689 defense rating.

You want to try to get your dodge at the same rating as your defense before worrying about parry.

once dodge rating and defense rating are both at 700 the parry becomes better at a 3:1 ratio.
So at 700 defense rating AND 700 dodge rating you would want about 240 Parry rating.

I try to pay attention to the ratings and go from there. It's just a little easier for me that way.

Agility will not give you as much dodge rating as a dodge rating gem will, so your dodge rating will not suffer from as severe of DR and you also get armor from them. It will take you longer to get to the ratio's but the stats are more balanced.

I remember seeing charts on this but couldn't find them. But I did find the topic that Harlekin posted some information in:

http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=18830#p333449
Playdoh
Maintankadonor

Previous

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations