Illidan Stormrage

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby Lore » Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:10 pm

Worldie wrote:I disagree on the threat, we already loose a significant part of the threat on tanking elementals, and our mitigation is lower than the one of warriors. While we ofc can do it and some of us do it, actually we still have to gain the threat through consumables. For how the elementals work, we may even tank them with a 2h and have same threat (this ignoring weapon stats, obviously). However i didn't know they were demons, so i suppose the Exorcism could counter the loss of Holy Shield.

For the 14k hit, well, also a warrior would get oneshotted by it if it happens when he's not full, so it's not really inherent to the discussion. However, a 14k hit would be reduced to 9800, if for some reason we had a PW:Shield, we would survive that hit with 8k HP, a warrior won't.

I definitely generate a hell of a lot more threat than our warriors on the elementals.

Holy Shield is crap for threat that far into progression.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Worldie » Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:13 pm

With how much spelldam if i may ask?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Atreidies » Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:20 pm

I ran with 387 spell damage, 377 FR somewhere between 17.1k-17.4k HP and crit immune of course; only buffs other than standard full raid buffs was a Flask of Foritification/Spicy Crawdad and Superior Wizard Oil. As soon as Illidan hits the air I queue up Seal of the Crusader, when the blade lands in front of me I lay down a Consecrate, by the time my GCD is back up I judge Crusader + pop Avenging Wrath and Exorcism him and then queue up SoR and start swinging and back him up to drop the first flame patch well out of the way while I get a Misdirect. DPS goes straight on him from the moment my first Exorcism lands and I have yet to lose aggro on him once, I believe I put out close to 850tps sustained on the last kill for my Flame, a good 27% ahead of the Prot Warrior on the other Flame when mine died.

This week I picked up Antonidas' Aegis of Rapt Concentration and plan on using it for an extra 42 spell damage, and I'm not really worried about losing my defense cap as has been mentioned before, a 75% resisted crit isn't much of an issue.
[url=http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Turalyon&n=Bricksauce]Image
Image[/url]
Atreidies

Postby Worldie » Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:29 pm

Whatever I'll tank, I'll remind myself to get a better weapon before we get to Illidan then :(

Damn mages with more dkp :'(
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Lore » Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:24 pm

I do basically the same thing as Atreidies, with about the same spell damage.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby fiorina » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:52 pm

Just copying my post from the guild forums, someone might find it usefull.
This tactic is maybe not the most efficient one, but it's the most "dumb-player-proof" and tanks are receiving quite low damage due to positioning.

Entrance is at the bottom of the screen.
Step 1 - /console CameraDistanceMaxFactor 4

Flames will spawn at the center, exorcism and run down the way to initial position.

After AoE on the ground will happen move like this. Once at the top, wait for the cone breath(to not toast the raid) and run down again to initial position. Flame AoE should disappear in meantime, repeat.

Eye beam rays are following these paths. Kill zone is really wide. Don't worry about charge or enrage. Charge should happen only if you position them like this(maybe even more further away)

- Charge is usually not a wipe, he will return back to you, just taunt and so on.
- At Warglaive(below it) stop for a while, in many cases he will "bug" and you are not going to receive AoE damage. OMG HAX!!

Enjoy the kill :)
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby fiorina » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:12 am

http://files.filefront.com/palatank+vs+ ... einfo.html

Video with execution of above mentioned tactic. Some hints what to do and what not to do, sort it out :)

related WWS: http://wowwebstats.com/dyzxqpapqjnw5
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby Daeren » Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:21 am

Quick Q, don't the elementals crush?
Daeren

Postby fiorina » Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:34 am

Daeren wrote:Quick Q, don't the elementals crush?

They don't. Crushing from elemental damage was removed somewhere around first SSC nerfs.
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby Daeren » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:41 am

Ahh, that explains so much more on how we are viable tanks for the flames.
Daeren

Postby Cakes » Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:37 am

You still need a lot of defense though, since they can crit and the epic FR plate has no defense at all.
Cakes

Postby Lore » Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:37 am

Man, how did I forget to post this here: http://stage6.divx.com/user/devomorph/v ... ladin-Tank

Me tanking one of the flames (the first to be DPS'ed).

It kinda looks like crap, anyone got any pointers to make that stop happening? :cry:
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Gavel » Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:30 pm

I've tanked mine with 440ish defense and not taken a crit for a couple days now, then I switched things around and got to like 478 defense and took one.

The crits are partially resistable, so they're not too big of a deal. FR cap and stamina will probably serve you better.
Gavel

Postby Lore » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:02 pm

Yeah I only have 488 defense when I'm tanking them. Only a small gap but it annoys me =\
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Worldie » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:09 pm

Tried using another defence trinket toghether with Dabiri's Enigma? In 2.3 the Combat Expertise buff should make up for the loss of the Darkmoon Card i think (if the trinkets i see in the video are the ones u use).

Worldie
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to Black Temple