Remove Advertisements

JoL bug with maiden?

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

JoL bug with maiden?

Postby Pizbit » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:32 am

I was trying to solo her and noticed that JoL wouldn't apply, damage was done, heart of crusader went up, but no JoL debuff. Kinda sucked and I had to bubble hearth. Couldn't really get a feel for her without it.
Is this a bug, supposed to be this way or what?
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Re: JoL bug with maiden?

Postby sublimated » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:34 am

I went in and checked it out. JoL seems to sometimes get applied and sometimes not. Also noted that it got applied when I judged while I was still bubbled but after it appled once, after wearing off it would not go back on. Sometimes by switching judgements and switching to judtice, it would apply justice, and then back to light (somtimes) though most times it just would not apply. Used up everything I had, LoH JoL etc, could only get her to 35% before I ran outta resources and got squashed.

Anyone else got any info on this? Seems strange that JoL would sometimes get applied but sometimes not.
sublimated

Postby Pizbit » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:45 pm

The only thing I can figure is that the silences are interferring, but I don't recall that happening back in TBC. It's VERY irritating.
Pizbit

Postby Tropicana » Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:35 pm

Its because you are silenced at the moment you cast the spell. Happens a lot, also with fears and other CCs. And since the silence is pretty constant, its bound to bug often.
I noticed it the most on Onyxia, casting a judgment the moment a fear went off. The damage might trigger, but the debuff won't or other way around, or no mana return from JoTW.
Tropicana

Postby Pizbit » Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:37 pm

Hrm, that pretty much rules out me soloing her:(
Though the silence itself probably does that.
Pizbit

Postby Tropicana » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:32 pm

With your gear you should really have no problem soloing her. I managed to do it before the divine plea change, in mostly blues.
Tropicana

Postby Pizbit » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:31 pm

Went in again, last time I was more annoyed at JoL not applying.
One shot her, helped a lot when I remembered Sacred Shield >.>
Sitting in AD range is fun ^_^
Pizbit

Postby masterpoobaa » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:37 pm

Maiden is one of the slower bosses, but she hits like a pansy.
Did her again for laughs last night.
It seems when there is only one person there that she doesnt do her holy fire dot, so you (normally) dont have to watch decursive.
Just use the std rotation. Keeping DP, Sacred Shield and Holy shield up.
SoL ftw.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby sublimated » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:07 pm

I've got her down a few times now. It really is a lot easier when you go in prepared not to rely on JoL.

masterpoobaa wrote:It seems when there is only one person there that she doesnt do her holy fire dot.

Seems that she won't do it to anyone on melee range. I went in with my dk friend to clear the whole place for shits and giggles and she didn't cast holy fire on neither of us during two attempts (yay for server crashes while you're in a raid zone for attempt number one)
sublimated

Postby isiz » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:18 am

sublimated wrote:I've got her down a few times now. It really is a lot easier when you go in prepared not to rely on JoL.

masterpoobaa wrote:It seems when there is only one person there that she doesnt do her holy fire dot.

Seems that she won't do it to anyone on melee range. I went in with my dk friend to clear the whole place for shits and giggles and she didn't cast holy fire on neither of us during two attempts (yay for server crashes while you're in a raid zone for attempt number one)

It has always been like this. It is not used on those in melee range.
ImageImage
Tuesday maintenance is merely a setback!
isiz

Return to General Strats