[Holy-PvE] A Question about the Bacon changes.

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

[Holy-PvE] A Question about the Bacon changes.

Postby Sanctity » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:05 am

Ok, this is aimed so someone with PTR access can please test it for me.
From the official site:
Beacon of Light: The healing amount on the Beacon of Light target is now based on the total healing done (including over-healing) instead of the effective healing done. Radius increased to 60 yards. Multiple Paladins can now have this active on the same target. Buff indicating a player is within range of the Beacon target is no longer displayed.

Now I had a though in my head that because of this and because of the nerf to crit based regen, maybe i should invest my points elsewhere. The only real candidate is Divinity.

But then I remembered that the two output increases stacked with each other. As in if I were to bacon the tank and then spam myself I would do 110.25% of my non-divinity output due to multiplicative nature of stacking. A question I'd like to have an answer for is if the 5% applies AGAIN to the bacon heal? because if it does, once you factor in tree of life aura, a 60 yard healing range, the fact doing this I'd be virtually impossible to kill and that the tank may have further heal increasing talents (Hello Prot Pallies and DK's) Divinity starts to look REAL attractive even with 15% movement speed and 3% crit as competition.
I think the trick's that you made someone proud.
Sanctity

Re: [Holy-PvE] A Question about the Bacon changes.

Postby Sanctity » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:27 am

Bump?
Sanctity

Postby majiben » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:04 am

You raise some interesting points there. I know there was some talk in the EJ Holy PTR thread about how tanking pets have a 150% healing modifier that was being discussed. I don't think anyone here would know the answers off hand to what you are asking as far as the new BoL interactions with healing modifiers. I suggest you poke your head in the EJ holy ptr thread and see if any are willing to do some testing.

About divinity vs. crit: The change to crit regen is not as bad as most were assuming. A poster on the EJ forum helpfully pointed out that decreasing the percentage of mana return by half doesn't decrease the effectiveness by half. If you plan on playing a more FoL based build in 3.2 divinity is a stronger choice than crit talents but if you plan on playing a Heavy HL build (as most are currently talking about) then crit talents are favored more. Frankly you can't go wrong in 3.2.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Sanctity » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:45 am

thanks, i'll take a look :D
Sanctity

Postby sherck » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:16 am

Majiben wrote: ...Frankly you can't go wrong in 3.2.

....if you re-roll Priest ! :mrgreen:

Sorry, just had to get that in there !

Cheers,
sherck

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes