[10/25] Flame Leviathan hard modes

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10/25] Flame Leviathan hard modes

Postby Kishandra » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:06 am

Hodir's beams never despawn. They just pick another target (could be the same one.)
Kishandra

Postby Threatco » Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:33 am

So I have tried driveing the demo.

Is a demo without a 2nd passanger able to stack pyrite at the start. Have it replenished by passanger, launch passanger, then keep stack on until passanger does overload and is returned and gets pyrite.

I had 10 stack on until about 20 seconds before passanger came back. But I was doing pretty good. Is this how its done?
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Postby pulexirae » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:02 pm

if you want to keep your stack up you need 3 people in a demo, you launch 1 guy immediately, and then keep a passenger the whole time grabbing pyrite. Every time I've ever tried to jump form drivers seat to passenger seat to hook for myself it despawns, or I lose my stack.
pulexirae

Postby Threatco » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:57 pm

I am pretty confident it can be done.

If you have full pyrite, a full 10 stack, then your passanger loads him self, you can launch him and renew your stack before it falls off.

You now have a tank full of pyrite and have to renew it every 10 seconds and do it long enough that your passanger can cause overload and return to vehicle to get more pyrite.

I need to know how many shots you get form a full thing of pyrite, I will test it next week if needed. I think it's either 10 or 15.

Thats at least 90-135 seconds (assuming you shoot every 9 seconds).How long should it take to overload and get your passanger back? I am thinking a lot less.

Anyone do this successfuly? Mabey it can on 10 but mabey 25 overload takes too long. But I was pretty close last run with plenty of room to improve.
Threatco

Postby pulexirae » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:36 pm

you get 10 shots from a full thing of pyrite. there's really no reason not to have 3 people in 1 demo though. All it means is you give up 1 bike driver. And, since you're only launching 1 you only need 1 bike driver. His job is to pickup the guy getting launched, and kite the large elite freya adds under FL so pyrite splash takes em out fast.
pulexirae

Postby Threatco » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:38 pm

1 demolisher can have 2 passangers. But the other is still going to have just 1.

Can we expect that lone demolisher to be able to keep a stack going the entire fight?

I came pretty close, anyone else try?
Threatco

Postby Belloc » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:53 pm

Threatco wrote:1 demolisher can have 2 passangers. But the other is still going to have just 1.

Can we expect that lone demolisher to be able to keep a stack going the entire fight?

I came pretty close, anyone else try?

The demolisher with 1 passenger never launches that passenger.

You only use one player to shutdown the boss (2 on 25-man).
Every demolisher should always have a passenger.
Belloc

Postby Threatco » Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:00 pm

Oh. Thanks beloc, that helps.

If I could keep 10 stack on easily, would launching 2 people be worth it?

Does 1 person kill it in almost the same time? What classes are optimal?

Most likeley the constant supply of pyrtie would lead to more direct damage by spamming it (compared to using it every 9 seconds) and would off set any advanatge in my theoretical strat would have by causing overload faster.

Just a thought.
Threatco

Postby pulexirae » Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:19 pm

We tried launching 2 people and having 2 demo's with 3 people in each, it just really doesn't work. Because it means you need 2 bike drivers, or 1+ an empty siege to catch people...it just doesn't work in 10 man. We launch some relatively high caster dps up top, our mage usually gets it about 10 seconds into his second target, and our moonkin usually gets it about 20 seconds into his second target.
pulexirae

Postby Belloc » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:33 am

Honestly, I wouldn't want to launch two people just because it can be enough trouble launching one person. I don't usually drop my stack, but I can... and if the bike/passenger is too slow to act, someone can die or I can be targeted by the boss and everything gets messed up.

One person should be able to shut him down in about 35 seconds, which is enough time for one full kite phase, which is extremely useful in getting the boss away from the demolishers.

And, yeah, being able to spam pyrite = a ton of damage.
Belloc

Postby amh » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:43 am

Threatco wrote:Does 1 person kill it in almost the same time? What classes are optimal?

Shadow Priest, Elemental Shaman, Warlock, in that order. If you're launching two (although you shouldn't), either of the two first + one random dps is fine. Honestly though, and I would know since I'm always the launch-bitch, one person is more than enough on ten-man :)
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Huon » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:57 am

On my warlock, it takes me about 10 second per turret. Immolate conflag ... turret is dead before my 10 sec CD on conflag comes back up.
Huon

Postby Threatco » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:38 am

Am going to try this tonight on 10 man.

The plan.

Elementle shaman being launched.

Me and my druid healer driving demolishers, keeping 10 stacks up at all times.

My priest healer driving bike, picking up the shaman, and kitting adds into FL.

Seige engines a safe distace from FL, able to interupt, but focusing on killing adds and shooting down pyrite near demolishers.

Shaman will be launched right away, BL on first launch, and use the "exit vehicle" button to spawn at the bottom of FL for quick pick up after turrets are down.

Seiege and demo passangers will kill adds, shoot down pyrite, use speed/shield, and if none of that is needed, then dps FL.

First person targeted backs up into the corner. The second targeted backs into ajecent corner. Demo drivers go to max range on side that has the most pyrite.

I am assuming if we avoid all avoidable damage, are 100% on interupts, overloads, pickups, and keep 2x 10 stack of pyrite up, then we will get it without the extra dps from seige engines/passangers.
Threatco

Postby Belloc » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:52 pm

A couple of notes on your plan: If a demo gets targeted first, the other demo doesn't have to back up into the other corner. In fact, that's a perfect time to get practice with turning and shooting.

You're better off just getting a stack or two on the boss, speed boosting half of the way towards your corner, turning and refreshing the stack before it falls off, then heading towards your corner again. Now you'll be in pyrite heaven and you won't have to worry about turning around if FL targets you second.

I can't remember if this was mentioned, but now's a good time to remind: When a demo is targeted first, they can back up into the lower right corner to avoid being hit, but this will not work on the first pull of the instance (meaning the pull where Flame Leviathan bursts through the gate). So, don't be dissuaded if it doesn't work on the first pull :)

Be very vocal about areas needing more pyrite shot down. Shooting down more pyrite is almost always preferable to passengers doing DPS. If you run out of pyrite, a stack drops and your chances of failure increase by a large amount. Pyrite damage alone can kill the boss with plenty of time to spare (especially since the health nerf).

Anyway, your entire plan is pretty much golden. You will get orbit-uary tonight!
Belloc

Postby Threatco » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:54 pm

I can't remember if this was mentioned, but now's a good time to remind: When a demo is targeted first, they can back up into the lower right corner to avoid being hit, but this will not work on the first pull of the instance (meaning the pull where Flame Leviathan bursts through the gate). So, don't be dissuaded if it doesn't work on the first pull

Do you know if I can go in early with 7-8 people and clear up to the repair zone teleporter, pull FL, wipe it, will the instance reset if we leave and come back a couple hours later?

I would like to set it up while we wait for the 2nd shift workers to get home, and preferably get the first pull that is harder out of the way.

Will the people who come pull FL get saved? Will the teleporter/vehicles/FL stay like post pull, or will they eventualy reset?

Thanks
Threatco

PreviousNext

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon