Remove Advertisements

[10]Algalon's phase punch

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10]Algalon's phase punch

Postby kandros » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:34 pm

i noticed others topics on algalon,but i haven't fuound some specifics information i need to know,
today me and my guild have planned to try our first hour on algalon, watching videos and reading som guides, i understood everithing of the fight BUT the really important thing i have to know as a tank, the PHASE PUNCH

when a tank have 5 stack of phase punch, algalon will start to attack the second of his aggro table, what appen to the tank who have 5 stack?

do i have to stay second in threat and wait till other tank have 5 stacks, or i have to taunt him before this appen?

thanks in advance.

kayas
kandros

Re: [10]Algalon's phase punch

Postby PsiVen » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:27 am

The tank is phased into the black hole realm when hit with a 5th phase punch. I don't remember if it's the 8-second type or if you're just stuck there. No strategy I'm familiar with involves ever reaching 5 stacks, so it's generally considered a bad thing.

Next time please ask questions in an existing thread, there is definitely one talking all about phase punches.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Worldie » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:44 am

The tank with 5 debuffs is sent in the void realm for 8 seconds and then ported back with no debuffs.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Belloc » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:01 am

Worldie wrote:The tank with 5 debuffs is sent in the void realm for 8 seconds and then ported back with no debuffs.

That actually doesn't sound all that bad, aside from not being able to close black holes.
Belloc

Postby moduspwnens » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:10 am

Belloc wrote:
Worldie wrote:The tank with 5 debuffs is sent in the void realm for 8 seconds and then ported back with no debuffs.

That actually doesn't sound all that bad, aside from not being able to close black holes.

Yeah. It's really only bad from a strategy point of view.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Worldie » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:21 am

The main issue is that considering his attack speed, in the short time it gets to the other tank to taunt back, he will oneshot a melee.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Keladin » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:28 am

When the first tank gets 5 debuffs does Algalon attack the second highest aggro target or reset aggro?

On our first attempt last night I let the first tank get to 5 while building a solid amount of threat, when the first tank phased out he turned and 1 shot a rogue.

I was watching omen pretty carefully and unless the rogue spiked right before 5 debuffs i had a pretty good lead as second aggro target.
Keladin

Postby Seloei » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:33 am

To not do that, you should have your tanks rotate at 3-3 4-2 2-4 phase punches, pick the best way it works for you. So that tanks always have agro.

e.g. 3-3. First tank reaches 3 phase punches, the second tank taunts. During the big bang the first tank uses his CD's to survive and gets agro from being the last one uptop. If his a dk he can just keep going til the end by soaking the big bangs, if not then the second tank uses his cd's at the second big bang to survive and gets instant agro. As soon as the first one is out, he taunts the boss and you return to 3-3 ( 3-3, 4-2, 3-3)

We used 3-3 and hit a brick wall with inadequate healing on our first night, only to find out they are forming a 'dream team' of dps respecing DK/druid to tank him instead of pal+war.
Seloei

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon