[10] Emalon the Stormwatcher.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10] Emalon the Stormwatcher.

Postby Nemuria » Mon May 25, 2009 2:45 am

The danger in moving Emalon are the chain lightning and the nova. He or it stays still when casting.
I moved it to transfer the adds to the other tank and he started casting nova. Hopefully not during an enrage.
The picture before doesn't mention the adds are poping next to Emalon. I had Emalon and 2 adds on me and wanted to transfer some damage. It was a bad idea.

Except that I had nothing to do. So I stayed in one Nova for experimental purpose (I don't overgear Emalon:D). Watched on Recount after, it was about 11K nature damage. Useful if your healers have hard time moving and you are full life, just stay still.

(btw while healing in 25 mode I took a 30k chain lightning, save your pally healer don't stack around him)
Nemuria

Postby Inimicus » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:41 am

Has anyone attempted to tank Emalon and all 4 adds yet on 10 man? I'd like to try it this week, can't see any major problems I'd face.
Inimicus

Postby Corpsicle » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:36 pm

Inimicus wrote:Has anyone attempted to tank Emalon and all 4 adds yet on 10 man? I'd like to try it this week, can't see any major problems I'd face.

I've done this pretty much every week, 4 or 5 times now. The hardest part is getting the adds all on you and not on healers at the pull. Best advice is to tell your healers to watch threat first 5 seconds of the fight and your dps to hold off on dps till you call them in. I usually pull the adds to me and drop a consecrate with a hotr, that with shield toss/exorcism is enough to get them all on me long enough to keep them. You will kill a few adds out of turn with reflective damage, generally consecrate and hotr are enough to pick up the new ones. Just keep an eye out for the new one, turning on enemy health bars is very helpful here, and be sure to have a taunt ready if it gets out of the aoe and goes running off.
Corpsicle

Postby Panzerdin » Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:33 pm

If you go for this, you definitely want to be shielded and loaded with ProM/Earth Shield. It's probably also worth bubblewalling or getting a CD from somewhere as well, because you don't want your healers having to heal until you've got some solid threat down.
Panzerdin

Location: On a picket line, protesting against the changes to Maintankadin

Postby amh » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:10 am

Prayer of Mending gives threat to the one casting it now, not the one receiving it :( They changed it in the whats-its-face-lots-of-changes patch at the end of TBC.
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Florisia » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:52 am

Did this for the first time(Successfully) this week. I was OT, and our MT and raidlead was a Druid tank(Who I promptly nick named Papa Bear). It wasn't really a pug, but at the same time, it wasn't really a guild raid. It was composed of a mix of two(three?) guilds, with people we've done things with others before.

The pull went a lot better than my first pug of this. The first pug, one of the healers managed to pull aggro and get himself eaten, followed shortly after by the rest of the raid.

We managed to do it on the second attempt. Everyone pretty much knew how the fight worked, but we had a bit of a positioning issue. I was unable to target one of the newly spawned adds, and after 30 or so seconds of running around into a position so I could see it around Emalon's big behind, I wound up accidentally targeting Emalon and pulling it off of the MT. The next thing I know, I'm dead. The MT held up for a bit before succumbing to the adds and Emalon, then the rest of the raid went afterwards. We talked about it and I got a few suggestions on the add pulls.

One of the suggestions I got was to 'tank it backwards', with the adds inbetween me and the wall, instead of between me and Emalon. Helped me target the add a bit quicker for the taunt, but I still had range issues.

The second suggestion we got was having the MT tank Emalon 'sideways', so that the add kept out from behind him. Worked pretty well. I was able to pick up the adds. At the end, the OT heals ran OOM. He hit me with LoH. I got down to about 1000 health left, then I LoHed. The DPS managed to take down before I had to pop my potion, healthstone, or Half-Bubble.
Florisia

Postby Krisnatharok » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:41 pm

How much of a gear-check is tanking all four adds and Emalon? I am a blood DK tank with 33k hp, 17% parry, 25% dodge, and 26k armor unbuffed.

I'm wondering if I should even try attempting this before wasting my raid's time. Obviously the gearcheck for the healers would be just as important. What sort of healer team would I be looking for? Holy pally + disc priest on me and a group healer for the rest of the raid?
Krisnatharok

Postby Thornir » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:11 am

Making the pull trivial:

Run in, AS anything to pull the group, then drop consecrate at the bottom of the stairs.

Most of the adds will run through it to try and get to the healers.

If anything gets through, exorcism.

I've done the pull 10 times this past week (idiot dps can never down him) and this has always worked for me.
Many fall, but one remains. - The Stranger
Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour. - Patrick Stewart
Thornir

*Now with 100% more beef!*
Thornir

Previous

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon