Remove Advertisements

Tidewalkers Murlocs

Hydross, Lurker, Leotheras, Fathom-Lord, Tidewalker, Vashj

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby solinari » Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:54 am

Here's a video of our first kill using the heal-the-warlock strategy from my PoV. It's pretty much the same thing as what you see in Dark Legacy's Morogrim video. You can see the timing of the heals and an example or two of how it can fail (warlock water graved, or not lifetapping enough). Hope this helps:

http://files.filefront.com/Inner+Focus+ ... einfo.html
solinari

Postby quoll » Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:11 am

We are running into a slight little murloc related problem over here. Basically Ive gotten aggro on both packs of murlocs using the "heal a warlock" plan. HOWEVER our mages are still randomly dieing. Is arcane explosion the best aoe for them to be using in this fight or is a ranged aoe like blizzard or something prefered?
quoll

Postby Enkal » Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:14 am

I'd say Seed of Corruption from all your warlocks is the best. ;)

When I tank the murlocs I never see any mages running in so I'd say they are using blizzard or equivalent.
Enkal

Postby YoYoMa » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:19 am

No you don't want anybody but you in there in melee range of the murlocs. They will put a carniverous bite dot on your that ticks away for quite a bit of damage. One time our lifetapping lock got too close and bit it that way. So just make sure all AoE is doing ranged aoe and you'll be fine.
YoYoMa

Postby lethario » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:58 pm

So the first night we attempted this using an AoE spank type strat. Well, the casters got powned hard, every time. I didn't realize that I had my outgoing muted in vent so no one was hearing my exclamations and protestations of the failing strat, we gave up after 3 attempts.

I sent the RL the strat about keeping me in a corner out of range of the grave and healing the locks and he decided to go with it.

1st try I got disemboweled by the Murlocs in about 1.5 secs. The healers weren't ready. I reminded them that there were 12 murlocs and I'd be taking boss-level damage (~2-3k dps)

3rd or 4th try he went down. Not a single person but me took a hit from the murlocks when I was on the ball with the healing aggro. (~350+heal from wep, shield, libram) It took about 6k of heals from me to a lock to assure solid aggro.

Despite the fact that I am (still) under-geared for the fight our healers did a bang-up job keeping me and the Druid tank alive. Too bad he doesn't drop anything I really want.

Thanks to all for the strats and stories, they were very helpful.

I never did notice any DoT or debuff - we had an Imp and a prot warrior standing by and keeping up debuffs. I think the warr was within 20 yards the whole time...
lethario

Postby Extremity » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:20 pm

We never have a problem with tidewalker with this strat; one holy pally with improved RF down by watery graves (but out of their range) and a druid healer who handles grave healing. When murlocs come he spam heals a warlock using life tap and immediately pulls all the murlocs; i shield first murloc in southern group and taunt the last one and then sit on the healer and consecrate. Pop AW whenever it's up. Frost nova, AOE, dead. Never had an issue.
Extremity

Postby gwayne » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:22 am

Got Tiddles down for the first time last weekend. Healing a warlock strategy is a waste I think. We gave everyone salvation and the holy paladins didn't use RF. When the earthquake hit I put a holy light on each of our 3 paladin healers and then dropped consecrate. The only people who got inital aggro except for me were the shadow priests ("Fade!" yelled on TS everytime :P )

I had around 400 +damage/healing in my threat gear with buffs and the murlocs stuck to me like glue. The mages only died when one of them ran in and frost nova'd. He won't be doing that again. AoE wise we lack locks, but blizzard/flamestrike seemed to cut down the murlocs quickly. Oh I also spent most of the time while murlocs were up hitting the boss with wisdom (seal + judgement) to keep my mana up.
Gwayne
<CTSamurai>
Neptulon-EU
gwayne

Postby spiky_porcupine » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:37 am

Just my 2 cents on how mmy guild did it yesterday after downing Tidewalker for the first time in our first night.

I was the only Prot pali tank, so obviously I'm in charge of getting all the adds. I used my regular tank gear and had 17k HP buffed & 370s spell damage buffed. We position TW right at the north tunnel. Everyone including healers were bunched up together almost right below the tanks/DPS except one resto druid who healers watery graved ppl.

When murlocs come, I Holy Light once & flash of light once on our Warlock, of course not enough for aggro. Drop a consecration about 5 yards north of the whole group, and north side stuck to me forever especially with 2 hunters laying frost trap to slow. 2 Feral druids rallied the southern pack and I taunt any murlocs that are astray. It worked out perfectly.

To avoid trouble of watery grave, I always drop a consecration when the warning pops up for murlocs are coming so they will get 2 ticks in even if I get watery graved to get some temporary aggro when I divine shield out of the first watery grave & run back while north pack followed me & I just pulled them back to TW. When I got watery graved the 2nd time, the 2 druids and one other took turns to AoE taunt the murlocs and were downed very shortly afterwards.

I was surprised that I didn't even need to shield toss at all, but I did need to blessing of protection twice; once on the resto druid due to hots and druids were late on picking up murlocs, and once more when TW at 5% and a priest overaggroed right away (I really shoulda just let him die since he was outside the pre-assigned area).
Spikybunny:
Level 70 Draenai Protection Paladin
Spirestone
spiky_porcupine

Postby Scarzi » Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:48 am

easiest way is:

All Range stack for the exception of water grave healer. Conc north end as they spawn, dance around alittle...run just slightly south of the stack and conc...murlocs from south run into it with north argo'd on you, conc and dance more?
Scarzi

Postby Arkellian » Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:38 pm

We use the paladin-behind-the-raid-getting-healing-agro strategy.

Note that it really requires a Warlock with Fel Armor active (20% healing increase). Last evening I tried it without a Warlock in raid, and it was nearly impossible. I found that without a Walock healing the MT healers was the next best thing.

On our worst attempt without a Warlock, I had full tanking armor (over 20k fully buffed), and would equip my healing mace and sheild for about 500 +healing. It was nearly impossible for me to get agro, but when I did I took so little damage I want OOM after the first pack.

On our best attempt without a Warlock I had about 1600 +healing, and it was still dicey with the MT healers pulling agro (only the MT gets healed until I call for AoE). However, I was taking severe abuse in most of my healing gear; AD saved my life 7 times and reduced the damage of 127 hits (nearly 7% mitigation).

If I have to do it again, I'm going with at least 485 defense and about 900 +healing. If it doesn't work, well, we'll have to find where our Warlocks are hiding.

With a Warlock though, I easily did it with full prot gear and a weapon / shield swap.
Arkellian

Postby Questioner » Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:52 pm

Arkellian wrote:with the MT healers pulling agro (only the MT gets healed until I call for AoE).

I think the healers are lieing to you. I haven't had a failure in this fight sine the time I got graved 7 times. I usually run with about 500dmg/heal and it only takes me 2-3 holy lights to get aggro. The only person who ever pulls from me is the priest that forgets to not group heal after the earthquake.

Just reread your post and I am not sure we have the same strategy. Pretty much everyone stacks up on his back legs in our strategy. Perhaps your issue is a range-to-murlocs issue?
<3 Tankadin at Heart.

Not necessarily accurate: Armory
Questioner

Postby Arkellian » Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:24 pm

Questioner wrote:Just reread your post and I am not sure we have the same strategy. Pretty much everyone stacks up on his back legs in our strategy. Perhaps your issue is a range-to-murlocs issue?
No. Different strategy.

We tank Moro roughly between the colums, and facing the door to the next boss (North). The healers and ranged stand on the East side at the top corner of the ramp. I stand behind them next to a tent, and pretty much as far East as you can be while still being on the platform This is outside grave range, but within the raids range.

With me stand any extra prot warriros who make themselves useful by tclap and trying to reduce the the Murloc load on me. There are no other raid members dedicated to tanking the Murlocs.

When I call for AoE, casters / hunters turn and nuke the Murlocs. With Warlocks in the raid, you only need them to spam Seed on the Murlocs though; the rest can remain on Moro.

Arkellian

Postby Enkal » Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:58 am

Make sure all healers have salvation and that your healing target have Blessing of Light up, it helps a ton! But yea, having a warlock helps of course. ;)
Enkal

Postby mconeone » Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:08 pm

I found that simply healing around the raid (locks first) was enough to keep aggro. My healing were hitting for 2700-3k.
mconeone

Postby Alerek » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:33 pm

Pardon if this has been answered before. I read through the thread and didn't find my answer.

My raid has recently lost our paladin tank for the Morogrim fight. With no one to quickly take his role, we've started skipping him and moving on to FLK instead. As one of our raid's Holy Paladins, I'd like to know what sort of gear threshold I'm looking at to tank these murlocs.

My current tank set is pre-kara blues with a piece or two of badge gear thrown in. (I actually still a 5% or so from 102.4) So I need to know if we're talking about upgrading a couple of slots or my whole set.

What should I be looking for in terms of HP? Armor? Avoidance? Spell Damage?
70 Paladin - Perenolde - Semper Vigilans
Alerek

PreviousNext

Return to Serpentshrine Cavern