Remove Advertisements

[25] Iron Council - Steelbreaker Tanking

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [25] Iron Council - Steelbreaker Tanking

Postby moduspwnens » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:13 am

Worldie wrote:We are going to do something very silly with this, using 4 tank phases, resistances and a druid with 80k HP. Will be fun.

I'm personally tanking first and third.
Fusion Punches hit for "only" 50k at this point, nowhere close to the 100k you suggest ;)

Let me know how that turns out. I was wondering how much help using some NR (like the helm enchant and flask) might help.

I know I got hit by one for 100k once when I was tanking him third in P3, but it might have been immediately after one or two people died.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Worldie » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:26 am

Our idea includes helm enchant, cloack enchant, NR aura and resist flask, for a total of 225 Resistance, so 20% resist.
We had some debate on which flask would benefit more, but 10% additional resist on 60-70k punches were worth MUCH more than 1300 HP.

Until now, we lived easy until 3rd tank death, then the druid got oneshotted since he had Surv Instinct on cd with the boss at 20% HP. Now we are fixing cooldowns better so we'll see this week if people don't fail to showup.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Worldie » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:28 am

Also, for the sake of Fusion Punches, this was our approximated math

Base Druid Pally
Base Damage: 35.000 29.750 28.700
As Last Boss 52.500 44.625 43.050
After 1 Death 61.250 52.063 50.225
After 2 Deaths 70.000 59.500 57.400
After 3 Deaths 78.750 66.938 64.575

Resisting 20% of 67k for the druid looks like being a fairly big deal.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby moduspwnens » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:58 am

You can use a potion for at least 4k off one of them.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Worldie » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:59 am

Mathwise, the limit for guaranteed 20% reduction is at 220.

So you get to choose between a high chance for 20%, small chance for 10% and 1300 HP (flask of stoneblood), and 100% chance for 20% but 1300 less HP.
Guaranteed additional 6-7k reduction to us looked MUCH better than 1300 more HP. Melees aren't really a issue, we chain cooldowns after the druid (second/fourth) dies once.

Yes, the potion we also considered as an option for both. Nerf your ninjaedits.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby moduspwnens » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:16 am

Worldie wrote:Mathwise, the limit for guaranteed 20% reduction is at 220.

So you get to choose between a high chance for 20%, small chance for 10% and 1300 HP (flask of stoneblood), and 100% chance for 20% but 1300 less HP.
Guaranteed additional 6-7k reduction to us looked MUCH better than 1300 more HP. Melees aren't really a issue, we chain cooldowns after the druid (second/fourth) dies once.

Yes, the potion we also considered as an option for both. Nerf your ninjaedits.

Ah, yeah that makes sense. Maybe if you weren't spamming F5 you wouldn't be seeing my posts in their "beta"!
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Seloei » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:42 am

how much does he usually melee for after the 2. tank has died? our trial DK got hit for a 55k melee hit (not fusion) when he was up line.
That kind of sounds way too high but i could of sworn curse of weakness was on the boss.
Seloei

Postby Treck » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:12 pm

Weakness, demoshout, inpiration buff on the DK aswell as an indestructable pot, should be far from a 55k hit, my guess is mainly inspiration, does a lot.
But its still unreasonable high if just the 2 tanks before him died, sure noone else died? :S
Treck

Postby Worldie » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:14 pm

Approximating he should be meleeing for 40kish after 2 tanks are down. If your DK got hit for 55k there was something very wrong going on.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Seloei » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:10 pm

I was the second tank to die, he was the third. As soon as i ran out and blew up outside of the raid, the next melee hit killed him. Didn't see anyone else die,
I'd guess no ironshield potion or curse of weakness fell off...
Seloei

Postby Worldie » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:53 pm

Possible that he was DPSing in blood presence and forgot to switch?

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Seloei » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:13 pm

nope, quite sure he was in frost presence since he was tanking steelbreaker and got combat resed, he got most buffs but was missing druid mark only. Unless it falls off when you die? Didn't think it does
Seloei

Postby Worldie » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:11 pm

There was a bug (which should have been fixed) where the game would not reapply Stances/Presences bonuses after a combat ress. I don't say it was that, but since when i read of it on wow forums i had the habit on my DK to ninja switch stances after a combat ress.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Magnilda » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:01 am

What happens if you pop Divine Shield as Meltdown comes to an end? Will it still kill you? I assume it will but just asking on behalf of one of my raid leaders.

*edit* Nevermind found out the answer myself. "The effects of Meltdown will no longer be able to be bypassed by using Divine Shield. " Source
Magnilda

Postby Worldie » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:04 pm

moduspwnens wrote:
Worldie wrote:We are going to do something very silly with this, using 4 tank phases, resistances and a druid with 80k HP. Will be fun.

I'm personally tanking first and third.
Fusion Punches hit for "only" 50k at this point, nowhere close to the 100k you suggest ;)

Let me know how that turns out. I was wondering how much help using some NR (like the helm enchant and flask) might help.

So the stuff looked like working perfectly. I was consistently getting 30-40% resist with the odd 20% resist every now and then. We even had our best attempt in which the druid died right after being ressed, so i ended up tanking (and surviving) as "4th" tank. Too bad we wiped at 15% left, if the druid didn't die we'd have it :\

Worldie
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon