Black Temple - Shade of Akama

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby targeros » Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:14 pm

Lore wrote:
targeros wrote:so tonight we hit akama for the first time (downed him in 2 attempts)...

i don't know what it was, but i was getting ROCKED. i was picking up one side with a warrior and i would get 4-5 guys on me... i dunno if a rain of fire got to me or if the adds are just hitting me that hard but i pretty much /splatted on both attempts. thankfully we were able to fear bomb them enough to get shade down in time, but wtf is hitting me so hard??

Were you picking up defenders or the other adds? If you were picking up the spiritbinders and so forth then you should NEVER have more than 3 on you (especially if there's a Warrior there helping you) or your DPS is slacking horribly. If you were picking up defenders... well, with someone else helping you you probably shouldn't ever have 4-5 of them on you either.

i'm not really sure tbh... i was just picking up everything that came out of my side. the warrior taunted a spirit binder off me to bring it away and get it sheeped, then i was tanking everything else i think. as soon as i died they all went to the warrior who shield walled, he died right after that wore off as well... so i guess possibly i was pulling defenders on top of the adds?

edit: on a side note, we aren't killing any adds, just picking them up and killing the channler dudes, then blowing up the shade.
targeros

Postby fiorina » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:43 pm

Sounds too complicated to me. Split DPS to two camps... just tank everything but defenders. TAB-->target rogue--->AS--->consecration. 4DPS guys should vaporize those 3 adds in a blink of an eye. Once free, nuke the shade and just offtank/handle the defenders.
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby targeros » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:54 pm

i think the reason we did it the way we did is because it's much easier to learn and a bit more fun (we got to the boss with like half an hour left in our raid so didn't have alot of time to learn/expirement) so it made it very hectic for the tanks, but dpsers just blew up the shade without worrying about anything else. our kill took i think 2 minutes total...
targeros

Postby pyrotechniq » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:25 pm

Have been having the weird agro problem with the defenders. Anyone have more information on this? I basically was the only defender tank and after i got 3 of them on me the guy decided to go kill a healer. I taunted him back and then a different one went after a healer. Taunt was on cool so i chased him down and the 3rd one left for a different healer and there was a 4th one on akama. I nvr have agro issues so i dunno. Is it just like a weird we have mana bug so they dont wanna stay on us?
pyrotechniq

Postby fiorina » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:49 pm

pyrotechniq wrote:Have been having the weird agro problem with the defenders. Anyone have more information on this? I basically was the only defender tank and after i got 3 of them on me the guy decided to go kill a healer. I taunted him back and then a different one went after a healer. Taunt was on cool so i chased him down and the 3rd one left for a different healer and there was a 4th one on akama. I nvr have agro issues so i dunno. Is it just like a weird we have mana bug so they dont wanna stay on us?

they ignore threat from holy damage
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby Eliane » Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:54 am

Here's a video of how we/I do this fight:

http://stage6.divx.com/user/angreal/vid ... e-of-Akama
http://files.filefront.com/Safe+vs+Akam ... einfo.html

Nevermind the mage, it was his first time ;)
Eliane

Postby Afraithe » Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:38 am

fiorina wrote:they ignore threat from holy damage

I doubt that, since a judge will pick them up over any raid healing going on, there is something else.
Afraithe

Postby Atreidies » Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:12 pm

Afraithe wrote:
fiorina wrote:they ignore threat from holy damage

I doubt that, since a judge will pick them up over any raid healing going on, there is something else.

Casting a Seal and Judgement both have inherent global threat values whether the judgement deals damage or not.
[url=http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Turalyon&n=Bricksauce]Image
Image[/url]
Atreidies

Postby Zzyzzx » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:42 pm

Is this still an issue with the unreliable aggro issue on Defenders?

We just downed Naj and Supremas last night, and I am sure Akama will be tonight or, very soon...

I just wanted to give this feedback to the officers, so we can just plan for me doing a side, as opposed to tanking the defenders with aggro problems...
Zzyzzx

Postby Afraithe » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:59 pm

Last I checked, yes, so better of tanking the sides.

But Shade has been bugged for us the last 2 times since patch, he goes straight for Akama so we need to start DPS him instantly, its a 1 minute fight now, free loot.
Afraithe

Postby Worldie » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:19 pm

Like it wasnt free loot already...

Anyway yes, they still kinda ignore threat from Holy Damage. Or well, they preferred hugging my healer last time i tried (last week)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Gerilith » Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:34 am

Cpt America shield + Consecration for the other adds is much more effective than tanking Defenders, anyway.
Standing alone with no direction
How did I fall so far behind?
Why Am I searching for perfection?
Knowing it's something I won't find
Gerilith

Postby Neuron » Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:34 am

Afraithe wrote:Last I checked, yes, so better of tanking the sides.

But Shade has been bugged for us the last 2 times since patch, he goes straight for Akama so we need to start DPS him instantly, its a 1 minute fight now, free loot.

Yep :(

WTB original version of this fight, even if it was not that much harder.
http://www.ardentdefender.com - A combat log parsing API
Neuron

Postby Chorus » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:30 pm

Out of curiosity we tested if the Defenders were still bugged for Paladin tanks last night. They still are as of 11/29/07.
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/chara ... w&n=Chorus
Chorus <Dissension>, 80 Paladin of Bleeding Hollow
Chorus

Still bugged??

Postby tackle » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:55 am

Anyone done since 2.3.2 and seen if it's still bugged?
tackle

PreviousNext

Return to Black Temple