Re: Top DMG/DPS classes

Postby fafhrd » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:11 pm

yeah, buff hunters please :mrgreen:
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Proudfoot » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:30 pm

Spectrum wrote:It is definitely gear and skill related, as a little advantage in those two can easily swamp out differences in class.

That said, averaged the numbers across all fights from that data above (not normalized) and came up with the following:

Code: Select all
"rog"  7479
"wrl"  7090
"dkt"  7022
"mag"  7018
"drd"  6829
"sha"  6751
"hnt"  6613
"war"  6451
"pri"  6348
"pal"  6222

You can figure out the three-digit codes, as that's all they had in the file denoting the different classes.

As you can see, rogues have a good margin, followed by warlock, deathknight, and mage. Then it sort of drops off from there.

I'm surprisd to see hunters so low on average...

Boo Hunters, Buff Pallys please!
Dear Blizzard, Paper is fine but Rock needs to be nerfed.
Sincerely, Scissors
Proudfoot

Postby ruodhaid » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:01 pm

im my guild we have a feral on top

the top 5 is

feral
ret
fury
enhancment
arms

nerly always like that, but when we bring a social ranked warlock we have.. he ofc beats us all.. whit lesser gear

its hard to say what class that turns out on top its more the player then the class
ruodhaid

Postby Chronotriggerjm » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:44 am

I think in terms of what each class can bring to the table however, I might still have to give it up to the Paly's, Shaman's, and Droods. Buffs win raids :D

And I'd like to ask a question myself, do dps meters take retribution aura from a ret pally into consideration? Or does it give that dps to the tank? :P I'd love to know the contributing dps a ret pally would get via trash mobs on that one xD
Chronotriggerjm

Postby katraya » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:59 am

Seing ret not really mentioned was actually comforting. I seem to always sit around 6-7th place on bosses, it's rather frustrating. The worst part is that I constantly hear about how easy I have it since ret is so simple to "faceroll." I think at this point if someone tried to say that to me in person I'd faceroll them right over a hot stove...
katraya
Maintankadonor

Postby Palmela » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:55 am

We have a mage who routinely pulls 10-11k on single targets, the next closest dps class is a warlock pulling around 7.2k.
Palmela

Postby hoho » Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:05 am

Arcane blast spamming mages win on single-target fights, getting chain power infusions help quite a bit. Too bad they sustain their DPS for a whole minute, if lucky :P

In my guild top DPS varies a LOT depending on boss. By the end of the night top 3 is usually consisting of one of our 3 DKs, one of our 4 locks and myself as shadowpriest. Spriests kind of suck on Razor and Ignis but we are awesome whenever there is lots of aoe and/or multidotting. I'm pulling nearly 7k on Kologarn with only 1-2 mind sears, if I'd sear down the adds I'd be >8k for sure.
Leap of Faith:
Good news, everyone! We can now heal stupidity!
hoho

Postby Palmela » Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:59 am

Oddly the mage im talking about is fire for Pve, I actually had to check becuase his numbers are outrageous.
Palmela

Postby fafhrd » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:24 am

10-11k single-target sustained on fights that aren't Hodir or General or Thaddius is pretty amazing :O
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Vrimmel » Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:10 pm

In my guild we're lucky if we get anyone above 6k dps on hodir.
Vrimmel

Postby Palmela » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:38 pm

fafhrd wrote:10-11k single-target sustained on fights that aren't Hodir or General or Thaddius is pretty amazing :O

I just talked to him, I forgot what fight I saw those numbers, happened to be General. He averages 7k though sustained on most other boss fights, still pretty damn good.
Palmela

Postby fafhrd » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:14 am

Phew, our casters aren't that bad then - they manage 6kish normally, with peaks of 16k on hodir.

I still think our DPS is kinda sketchy though, but I don't understand why. Most of our better players play DPS (or tanks), and are very competitive, yet two of our 3 hunters show up at or near the top very often, and my most accounts they shouldn't be able to. I'd like to think this is because our hunters are awesome, but looking at other guilds and other hunters I think it's more likely that the rest of our DPS just isn't trying hard enough.

For instance, we do Thorim25 hard with 2 mind controls, for double stacks of the haste aura (and the casters assure me that it does double stack. I'd think that with a constant 40% haste on the entire raid, the boss would pretty much fall over dead - yet the numbers for the fight are still mediocre and he gets to 10 stacks or so IIRC before dying. We actually had trouble for two weeks beating Hodir25 hard because we could barely beat the timer, whereas other guilds steamroll him.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Previous

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes