Gruul, HS Tanking

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Brute » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:36 am

Honorshammer wrote:I found it very difficult to keep Vengence stacks up as the HS tank. I have to juggle my seals quite a bit for this job.

Same here... I lose it all the time. edit: I get it back up asap though, as this seal generates most holy damage per mana as far as I can tell, at least at my level of spell damage.

2-peice teir 4 set bonus REALLY helps for this fight.

I don't know what I was doing wrong last night but first try I was having trouble staying at 70% threat, next fight I forgot my agro buff and all the melee DPS got killed, 3rd fight I swapped on the teir 4 gloves for the maiden gloves, acquiring the 2-peice set bonus and actually had to hold back to keep from passing the MT. I don't know if i forgot to click off salv that first try or if the set bonus just helped that much. all consumables were the same for each try.
Brute

Postby Robbert » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:06 am

I'll (likely) be filling the OT role on Gruul this evening. I'm currently logged in the gear I'm planning to use for this fight. I was trying to find a good balance of health and spell damage while also trying to maintain uncrushability with a weapon swap (Crystalforged Sword). For those that have done this fight before am I better off forgoing the uncrushable goal and focusing more on health and spell damage? I was looking at this setup specifically so I could slide into the MT role if the MT were to go down or if I otherwise found myself topping the threat list on Gruul, but I'm worried taking this into account has gimped my ability to eat the hurtful strikes.
Robbert

Previous

Return to High King / Gruul / Mag