Remove Advertisements

[10] I Choose You Steelbreaker

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10] I Choose You Steelbreaker

Postby Belloc » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:39 am

Having melee taunt and such is a fine idea, but you have to be extremely careful with how you execute it.

Take my group's melee DPS composition, for instance: Feral, DK, Warrior, Enhance (or rogue, or ANOTHER feral). Naturally, if the feral, dk, and warrior were to taunt, we'd wipe within seconds due to the fact that my taunt wouldn't work again for another 20 seconds.

So, if you're going to try that strategy, I strongly suggest not having more than two players taunting. Also, having them right up there in threat with you could lead to other issues, such as them pulling aggro. Just be extremely careful.

(Or only bring 2 healers and get him down before the first tank blows up :) )
Belloc

Postby kensanity » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:07 pm

I find killing steelbreaker last to be even easier than calling the dwarf last. Idk maybe its because my guild sucks at interrupts.

Efficient healing makes this VERY possible with 2 healers and is a very fun encounter imo.

If u are killing brundir second, I find the raid damage to be very high. My guild works out an interrupt rotation on EVERY cast he does, putting couple of members on chain lightning and a designated member or two on the spinning thing. This tends to make phase 2 very trivial.
kensanity

Postby Dakiros » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:01 am

My guild tried this and 1 shotted it last night, we found it to be easier than easy mode. DK tanked the little guys while I tanked Steelbreaker, I cleansed the fusion punches off myself since threat was irrelevant. Even with 3 healers we had plenty of DPS to take him down a good 10 seconds before the DK tank blew up.
Dakiros

Postby Corpsicle » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:12 am

We did this tonight, got it on the 3rd try. We used 2 tanks, 2 healers. I tanked Steelbreaker throughout the fight, self cleansing. After I died, the DK was tanking, with the shadowpriest cleansing off fusion punch. We got it about 30 seconds ish before the DK would have died. Pretty fun fight. :)
Corpsicle

Postby Funtodin » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:08 am

Pally solo tank with 2 heals makes it interestingly fun and quick :lol:

I just kept self cleansing through the whole fight and and left Stormcaller alone out there for first phase.
Funtodin

Postby smeej » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:07 pm

One question I have is: how do you folks tank Runemaster and Stormcaller? Does that tank just eat Overloads (or whatever it is called) or can you back up out of it in time? I'm going to be attempting this in the coming days.

Note that I've never tanked Stormcalled on 10 or 25 man so I don't properly understand his mechanics. >_>
smeej

Postby PsiVen » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:20 pm

There's no reason for anyone to stand in Overloads. In 10-man we either don't bother to tank him or have the Runemaster tank (me) pick him up and run out as needed so that I have something to hit (he dies first).

In 25-man we stick a DPS DK on him to interrupt in the first phase (as he dies second). The Runemaster tank might go over there and taunt him as well, it's not strictly necessary but it reduces the chance of him moving around undesirably.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Belloc » Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:49 pm

On 10-man, you don't have to worry about tanking him in the first phase. However, once Runemaster dies, Stormcaller needs to be taunted before he gets interrupted. Otherwise, he'll run over and melee a healer.
Belloc

Postby smeej » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:28 am

Accomplished last night on our fourth attempt. Took us two minutes to kill Steelbreaker, but we were running with three healers (Monday raid doesn't get to be picky). Kill order was Brundir > Molgeim > Steelbreaker. We had a feral druid in dps gear tank Brundir in bear form, while a DK sat on Molgeim and I on Steelbreaker. Went pretty smoothly, although verrrrry slowwww. Made sure Molgeim dropped a rune of power before he died, popped Bloodlust and went to town on Steel. Not that hard, but not quite on farm yet >_>
smeej

Previous

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon