Remove Advertisements

Seals of the Pure (Yes! Another One!)

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Seals of the Pure (Yes! Another One!)

Postby Auroris » Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:53 am

Clearly there has been much talk about this, and I am sure the same as for this spec.

I was doing VOA//Uld25 last night and noticed alot of different in threat using my 5/54/12 vs the usual 0/53/18 spec. And how much are you wondering?
Generally in 0/53/18 I can do or sustain atleast 5k to around 8k in jumps.
In my 5/54/12 spec, I was holding 9k sustained and jumped alot at 11k. Honestly, I was looking at Omen. <---Might be the problem right here.

But I know Paladins are somewhat 'OP' whoopie whatever when it comes to threat. The fact that I can sustain that just doesn't seem very likely or possible on trash mobs or bosses. (Hodir, Steelbreaker, and Thorim) I literally had to back off on Thorim once I got 'Unbalancing Strike' cause any extra damage would just throw me right over the tank.

I feel that it's my fault that I am not considering a DKs or Warrior's threat can't overly do mine. And don't get me wrong, this warrior can do a ton of threat and outgears me by atleast an ilvl. Yeah -- 443 for Non SotP corruption ticks vs 991 SoTp Corruption tick.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... &n=divinus armory

And I am not complaining as much as I am thinking Omen is wrong though dps never came close to threat, not even on Hodir and I didn't even need the lightning buff.
"Someday the Glory will Fade and only Memories will remain."
Auroris

Re: Seals of the Pure (Yes! Another One!)

Postby Jasari » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:41 am

Some kind of combat log report would provide actual information. A few observations without data to back them up are a little bit meaningless.

Grats on your threat though.
Jasari

Postby Auroris » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:20 am

I can check to see if we run WWS or WoWLogs or whatever. -.- Just saying - It's abit messed up to me, and I don't understand. Thus - I brought it up.
Auroris

Postby Jasari » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:25 am

Exolaeth wrote:I can check to see if we run WWS or WoWLogs or whatever. -.- Just saying - It's abit messed up to me, and I don't understand. Thus - I brought it up.

Well I can tell you that a 15% increase in seal/judgement damage will not make your SoV ticks go from 443 to 991. So either you had some other substantial damage buff or your memory/observation is flawed.
Jasari

Postby vosprey » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:45 pm

Uh..yeah my vengeance ticks for 1k EXACTLY.

So....

I've been using SotP for a while, + the t8 2 set bonus...1k it is.
vosprey

Postby amh » Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:48 am

Exolaeth wrote: Yeah -- 443 for Non SotP corruption ticks vs 991 SoTp Corruption tick.

Remember to find a non-gimmick boss with no adds to compare your results with and without SotP. Ideally you´d have to go kill Patchwerk. 443 per tick sounds extremely low, so I´m guessing it was either the average result on a fight with adds, or a fight where your stack would continuously fall off. If I were to compare for example Auriya with Hodir, the result would be vastly different, because every time I would hit an add during swarm, or the feral defender, the one-stack would lower my average SoV-tick compared to a fight where I would be single-targeting with a full stack. Hodir is kind of a bad example because of storm clouds and singed, but you get the idea.

Mine ticks for about 800 in 10man, missing quite a few buffs, without SotP.

- I´ve ninja-edited this post so many times it´s getting stupid
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby stroggylos » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:52 am

only natural to find out a huge boost in threat ( considerin u get no hits) when ot since u attack the boss from behind thus gettin less parries + dunno the exact mechanics and cbf learn them but always a heavy mellee group boosts your threat in some ways
cannot recall the exact numbers for me but with the 2 piece set maybe u could get sotp and rely on seals and judges for threat more than previously , specially if your hit is low
stroggylos

Postby amh » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:08 am

stroggylos wrote:only natural to find out a huge boost in threat ( considerin u get no hits) when ot since u attack the boss from behind thus gettin less parries + dunno the exact mechanics and cbf learn them but always a heavy mellee group boosts your threat in some ways

That depends a bit. You´d need to find out how much of your damage is affected by expertise, then weigh it up against the threat-loss of holy shield doing zero damage. Not getting hit also means you only take random splash damage (in most cases), so you won´t get enough mana back to keep your rotation up. I do a lot more threat when main-tanking a mob than when off-tanking / "dpsing".

cannot recall the exact numbers for me but with the 2 piece set maybe u could get sotp and rely on seals and judges for threat more than previously , specially if your hit is low

You can get by with low hit-rating for SoV/Corr, but judgement, HotR, ShoR, all of it suffers with a high miss-rate. SotP does not make judgement hit harder than HotR / ShoR, not that it matters anyway, since you´re on a rotation and not a priority. I think Theck has done the math on it anyway (bless him), Crusade should still be better than SotP.
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby theckhd » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:56 am

This is probably the post you're looking for.

Crusade is ~70 TPS per talent point, while SotP and Conviction are both around 40 TPS/point (with conviction slightly ahead).
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Auroris » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:47 am

^^ Thanks... I also looked at a different thing and was completely stupid. ;o One was without raid buffs, the other was. But now that I have 2pc T8, I wonder now... I might try SotP again. But last night without the buff from 2pc, I was doing 881 raid buffed without any real damage modifier, I don't think. Fight was Thorim and Mimiron, unless I am missing something, I don't think there was much of a difference.

;/ Guild made me get rid of my SotP spec cause they wanted me to dps on fights I can't tank such as Hodir and Vezax. ;(

that was crusade spec, btw. 0/53/18 not my 5/54/12 ^^
Auroris

Return to Basic Training & Talents