[Ret-PvP] Starting Gear to Arena/BG/WG and Spec.

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

Re: [Ret-PvP] Starting Gear to Arena/BG/WG and Spec.

Postby honorshammer » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:12 am

You can see my plan below, but the my question is about BGs. I need a metric ton of honor to buy this stuff, especially as our ratign goes up. What's the best BG for honor?

1. Belt: Ascended Phantom to Furious (62k honor)
2. Chest: Heroes to Deadly (12k honor)
3. Legs: Heroes to Deadly (12k honor)
4. Neck : MIght of Levithan to Furious (47k honor, should have rating in time)

That will replace all my PVE Gear with PVP gear. Then

5.Hateful Shoulders to Deadly

What's the best BG for honor?
honorshammer

Postby KassiraBB » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:29 am

I would recommend rotating, do the daily BG. Turn in marks for honor. I have a stock pile from doing WSG as prot and hitting 100 marks, dedicating a few hours one day to doing this (As prot, capping flags can make games much quicker) can make the remaining mark grinding much smoother, and interesting since you're switching each queue.
KassiraBB

Postby Nalyn » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:31 am

Honorshammer wrote:What's the best BG for honor?

Depends on your battlegroup, and if you're running with any friends/guildies, or not. In my battlegroup, Vindication, AV is pretty much THE place to farm honor. Most games end in an alliance win, in 10 to 15 minutes, with zero to 5'ish minute queue times. Which usually means 1 to 2k honor, per match, if not more.

On the other hand, if you're running with 2 or 3 or 4 friends, that have gearz/clues, then it maybe worthwhile to do the other BG's, as 4 or 5 coordinated people is usually more than enough to pull relatively quick wins out of each BG, usually netting you 1k'ish, per win, as well as 3 tokens, allowing you to do the honor turn in, for 1200-something, a pop.

A couple other easy ways to net yourself some honor... Do the BG daily, it's 12 or 1300 honor, plus 13 gold, plus whatever honor you get in the BG. Make sure to do all the wintergrasp quests, as often as you can, they get you 3500? honor a pop, and most are pretty freaking easy to complete.
Nalyn

Postby Fedaykin98 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:17 am

Definitely do the WG quests. I do the daily BG quests, as I like the variety, and the marks add up for more honor as well.

In a vacuum, I think AV gives the best honor, but it can go long. Usually doesn't, but it can.

Strand can give good honor, and can't go very long, because it's on a timer.

The absolute best way to farm honor is to do pre-made AVs, imho. I randomly lucked into a cross-realm (battlegroup) pre-made AV with its own Vent the other day. Pretty crazy, creative idea, pretty insane honor benefits (everyone queues, they call out what number pops and see if the majority made it in).
Fedaykin98

Previous

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes