Remove Advertisements

Mother Shahraz

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Mother Shahraz

Postby Mithos » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:15 pm

Guild is going to be trying her pretty soon, I have read various other posts mentioning her briefly.

But what kinda setup are people using whilst tanking the sabre lash? I read that people are healing a load whilst doing this so I'm confused as to what gear other than my SR set to wear. Just wondering because if you are healing you can't avoid attacks unless sabre lash is special in that you can't avoid it? Thanks in advance for the input.
Mithos

Postby fiorina » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:16 pm

it's a special attack, you can bubble through it in case of emergency, but it can be dodged/miss/parried
Combination of stamina and +heal apart from SR

But well, after nerf she become a trashmob, you should kill her first night of attempts, so it doesn't matter that much if you gonna just stay there or heal...

Our last kill - 1 person had DC, tank was AFK on pull, hunters misdirected to wrong person, noone had consumables, 3 people died on 95%, she was tanked by tank in full SR by mistake etc... and we still killed :) If you don't believe, here's WWS http://wowwebstats.com/lhb11lyd52cuo

Good luck

Edit: clarified a bit
Last edited by fiorina on Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:53 am, edited 4 times in total.
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:17 pm

As far as i know, if you are tanking, you should just stack stamina, since you will not take any of the special abilities: you will only have to stand there and take the damage. Then if you want you can get a healing mace+shield and heal i guess.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Mithos » Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:51 am

lol, yeah the guild we are competeing with killed her on the 4th pull then owned illidari council, it's rather sad they are nerfing some bosses so much, it's not like BT is suppsoed to be a walk over...

Thanks for the info :)
Mithos

Postby Gavel » Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:13 am

I wear my normal stam heavy tank set with a full Shadesteel set in the available slots. Position yourself right with the MT and just heal people as best you can. Gimping your stamina with +heal gear is risky, given that a FA near the tanks + saber lash is significant burst.

Judge wisdom for your casters and immediately turn off your autoattack afterward so you don't cause a parry. Mana is a non issue if you don't go crazy with Holy Lights as you're getting plenty back from being healed after a lash.
Gavel

Postby Aalryn » Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:27 am

It annoys me how easy she is now. When we first killed her if we had 3 people dead over 30% we just reset it. There was no way to win. If you weren't perfectly lucky with your teleports... reset it. It was seriously the hardest fight in that place.

Now it's just more free epics in an instance that's full of them. The hardest part of black temple is attunement now :(
~insert flashy signature here~

"Error: Armory link not found" ... Tankadin no more
Aalryn

Postby Lansky » Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:08 pm

I am glad I have my battle scars and can claim I beat her multiple times beforethe nerf.... but the nerf was necesarry. She was not hard because of what you had to do, she was hard because a little lag and a couple unlucky 25% partial resists meant you died. Not to mention her penchent for dealing 25k damage in .6s to the MT. It was a fight on which you could do everything perfect and still wipe.

As far as off tanking her, just max stam best you can after hitting SR cap and then do whatever you can to help out healing between silences.
Lansky

Postby enbee » Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:37 pm

Cons on paladin mting this btw? MT doesn't wear SR right? Since I'm the best geared tank in my guild I will probably end up MTing her unless there's some ability she has that makes a paladin tank inferior.
LoL, a paladin tank!
enbee

Postby fiorina » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:06 am

enbee wrote:Cons on paladin mting this btw? MT doesn't wear SR right? Since I'm the best geared tank in my guild I will probably end up MTing her unless there's some ability she has that makes a paladin tank inferior.

doesn't matter now, she is nerfed to hell...
you will receive more damage compared to warrior and no panic buttons, but that's about all
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby enbee » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:24 am

fiorina wrote:
enbee wrote:Cons on paladin mting this btw? MT doesn't wear SR right? Since I'm the best geared tank in my guild I will probably end up MTing her unless there's some ability she has that makes a paladin tank inferior.

you will receive more damage compared to warrior and no panic buttons, but that's about all

Well I won't receive more damage as I have better gear.. have about 5% avoidance over our current warrior tank (mt went casual a while back), and as far as panick buttons go, bubbling and cancelling before anything goes wrong works pretty well I've found, as long as I keep a hefty threat lead things don't go bad, and loh on a freed up gcd works "ok" aswell, it's no shieldwall but at least it's something, and AD actually helps alot aswell, after staring at my hp bar on archimonde for 3 nights there's dozens of times where I would've hit the dirt without that talent. Anyways, I guess that's a yes, go ahead, no problem!

And the SR question?
LoL, a paladin tank!
enbee

Postby Worldie » Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:22 am

As far as i know the tank doesn't need SR since he will not be targetted by her abilities, and will be taking lots of damages due to her attacks anyway.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby fiorina » Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:15 am

enbee wrote:
fiorina wrote:

Well I won't receive more damage as I have better gear.. have about 5% avoidance over our current warrior tank (mt went casual a while back), and as far as panick buttons go, bubbling and cancelling before anything goes wrong works pretty well I've found, as long as I keep a hefty threat lead things don't go bad, and loh on a freed up gcd works "ok" aswell, it's no shieldwall but at least it's something, and AD actually helps alot aswell, after staring at my hp bar on archimonde for 3 nights there's dozens of times where I would've hit the dirt without that talent. Anyways, I guess that's a yes, go ahead, no problem!

And the SR question?

MT need no SR. On the other hand last time hunters misdirected to full SR offtank and we were too lazy to wipe, so we just healed through.

Well, talking about equally geared warrior, not some guy from KZ. She hits pretty hard, you will receive around 1k more damage every swing/cast compared to warrior (taken from our WWS, not pulled from the butt)
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby Gavel » Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:35 am

She's a demon and hits pretty fast, so threat should be a non issue you for you. You definitely don't want to be wearing SR as the MT, as she hits extremely hard and you can't gimp stats at all. It's important to stress to the Lash eaters that they not attack her, as the parries will pretty much tear you apart.

You can further spread the lash damage out with hunter pets like Scorpids etc. Like before, just position them there and don't have them attack. It does gimp your hunter damage some, but spreading the Lash out further is never a bad thing. They can also be used as a tertiary tank if you only have 2 tanks available to you.
Gavel

Postby Lansky » Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:41 am

There would be two issues for her in her current state for a paladin MT.

1. The MT does not where SR, or wears much less, and she has a point blank AE silence pulse which seems to be resistable with SR. As you will have no SR you won't resist many of them. Granted she doesn't crush, and the rest of the raid will be in full SR so you should still be able to build a reasonable threat lead and HS being down won't be life and death.

2. You will take more damage than a warrior in even close to comparable gear. She hits really hard and really fast. This is one of the few fights I can easily say the difference between RF and Def Stance is greatly magnified and very noticable.

If you are the best geared tank by a wide margin then I suppose you have little choice though. With no SW you will probably want to have a holy paladin hit you with Imp LoH when she enrages. Ironshield potions are your friend when learning this fight with any type of MT.
Lansky

Postby Mithos » Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:32 pm

What about the prismatic shield? If you're nuking her with holy damage you'll get a large reduction in holy dmg output --> screwed threat?
Mithos

Next

Return to Black Temple