Remove Advertisements

Murloc gear check

Hydross, Lurker, Leotheras, Fathom-Lord, Tidewalker, Vashj

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Murloc gear check

Postby puppies » Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:01 pm

guild has dropped lurker and are going to try for morogrim - i am only real full time tankadin and want to know if my gear is up to aoe tanking the murlocs

Puppies

click on sig for armory :p
puppies

Postby Jensaarai » Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:51 pm

You should be ok for that...for that fight I switch out a few pieces of my gear for spell damage pieces from Heroics anyway, giving me less mitigation but making it easier to pick up the Murlocs...my healers can handle it...but I also have a lot more armor than you. But assuming you can get them to attack you, I think you'll be fine.
Jensaarai - 85 Prot Paladin (Lost Isles - US)
Endüre - 85 Prot Warrior (Lost Isles - US)
Jensaarai

Postby Nirati » Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:10 pm

My Guild is also working on Tidewalker now, we havent had a prot Paladin to call upon for the add tanking, weve tried an alternating aoe taunt/mage freeze strategy which was intersting but not reliable enough, and then weve tried it with a holy Paladin pulling aggro and mage freeze. Again, very unreliable.
Ive taken my Paladin prot, and over the last couple of weeks been very happy with tanking. What kinda of minium gear am I looking at needing inorder to be in good shape for aoe murloc tanking?
Nirati

Postby Ivliss » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:44 am

My guild is also up to Tidewalker, we have a feral druid grab the pack of murlocs coming from the entrance and drag them to me. I stand basicly right underneath Tidewalker and grab the front pack. Once we have them grouped under tidewalker, the druid and I fight for agro on the pack. So far its working well. Only problem has been both the Druid and myself being watery graved just before a pack of murlocs, at the same time on all three trys last night. Talk about frustrating; got him down to 335 though and should see our first kill of him tonight with any luck.

On a related subject, how much spell damage should I be pushing at this point to grab the murlocs? I was at 320 after pots and such last night? My other concern is that every once in a while the Murlocs run right past me, hit a clothy and then turn on me. Currently I am spaming Holy light (max rank) healing a lock who starts lifetapping after the earthquake then as the mrulocs get close I drop a consecrate.

Ivliss
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n&n=Ivliss
Ivliss/ 70 Prot Pally/ Baelgun
Ivliss

Postby Jensaarai » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:57 am

I have 500-550ish spell damage for this fight, and it works like a charm ^_^
Jensaarai - 85 Prot Paladin (Lost Isles - US)
Endüre - 85 Prot Warrior (Lost Isles - US)
Jensaarai

Return to Serpentshrine Cavern