Avion - the new PowerAuras

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Postby Gerilith » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:13 am

You will have to create (and name) every animation by yourself (animations -> add) and edit them afterwards (this is where you can choose icon, duration, effect and so on).
Standing alone with no direction
How did I fall so far behind?
Why Am I searching for perfection?
Knowing it's something I won't find
Gerilith

Postby DamnLag » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:10 am

I downloaded and installed Avion last night. To be honest, I like mods to simply work, not make me work.. this is why I use addons.. to make my life easier. I configured a couple, but to truly make this mod shine would require FAR more time then I am willing to invest into ANY mod. 8)
Batteries not included.
DamnLag

Postby Levantine » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:26 am

Gerilith wrote:You will have to create (and name) every animation by yourself (animations -> add) and edit them afterwards (this is where you can choose icon, duration, effect and so on).

Hrmm, I got that much of it down... I think.... >.< I can't seem to find how to pick an icon though. Shit... :( I can't get Parrot to work the way I want either. :(
Levantine

Postby Worldie » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:37 am

Atm i cannot find how to add textures instead :O
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Worldie » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:19 am

Ahh i menaged to make it work now, it's very awesome.

Definitively i'll never miss RF again :)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Girard » Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:25 pm

Too bad the events are limited.. I can't set one for when I get a killing blow, so it screams "HOLY %^#!" at me... but I did set up some for my rogue. Combo points now go "Superb!", "Excellent!", "Outstanding!", "Brutality!", "Fatality!"
... RF screams "It's Offical: YOU SUCK!" when it fades.. AD kicking in goes "Godlike!"... <3 it.
Girard

Postby Worldie » Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:43 pm

Girard wrote:... RF screams "It's Offical: YOU SUCK!" when it fades.. AD kicking in goes "Godlike!"... <3 it.

rotfl that's exactly what i did :D

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Levantine » Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:05 pm

And I still can't figure out haw to do it. :(
Levantine

Postby Noradin » Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:49 am

Levantine wrote:And I still can't figure out haw to do it. :(

menu -> animations -> new -> default -> >insert name<.
menu -> animations -> edit -> >name< -> ...
menu -> >type of event< -> animation -> name

these menus are horrible.
ImageImage
Noradin

Postby Gerilith » Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:01 am

I strongly recommend using Rock for configurating this addon. The same menu structure, but you can keep an overview all the time with the menutree.
Gerilith

Postby Levantine » Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:13 am

Woo! Thanks Noradin! <3<3 I'll check it out again later tonight. :)
Levantine

Postby fafhrd » Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:11 pm

Afraithe wrote:That addon coder has some weird concept of user friendly configuration options. I remember the old PowerAuras being very weird configuration, now with Avion, he made it even more weird, everything is done through menus, and it's driving me completely insane, honestly, its the most stupid configuration I have ever seen. I ended up going into the WTF folder, editing the saves variables LUA file since it was quicker and better.

eh? what's wrong with the PowerAura's UI? I never gave it a second thought before :S

"everything done through menus" in the new one sounds horrible, i hate that about some ace mods.

edit: what exactly does avion offer that PowerAura's didn't? From the above comments it doesn't sound like avion is worth all the extra bother, Powa is fairly simple to set up new animations (had to do them on so many alts and other people's accounts it's second nature now).
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Gerilith » Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:27 am

One advantage is: It's ace and smaller
The other one: It is still developing.

But you are right: At this point, Avion has got not significant advantage.
Gerilith

Avion Help

Postby Modelface » Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:31 pm

For those of you having trouble making new animations:

If you try to create a new animation but when you mouseover the Texture section nothing is listed it means you have to download AvionMedia.

It took me forever to figure this out. It's not included in the main Avion addon and it's not listed anywhere on Wowace.com that i could find.

Here is a direct link:

http://files.wowace.com/AvionMedia/

There is also an additional media pack available:

http://files.wowace.com/AvionComicMedia/

That one has stuff like "Yaaaahhhhhrrrrr" and "Nooooooo!" that I like using when my buffs fade. : )

I think that will clear up most of the problem people are having getting this to work.

Also, if you are using the wowace updater and you don't see these listed there it's because the media packs are considered outdated (even though Avion isn't, which makes them even harder to find). You can scroll down to the outdated section to find them.

-Modelface
Modelface

Postby Hans » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:41 pm

sooooo I unchecked the little "Enable" option cause i wanted to hide this during a instance. I had just gotten it and didnt have time to set it up... now I cant get it to re-enable lol.... there a slash command or something?
Help!!!

Hans
Hans

PreviousNext

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros