Remove Advertisements

Maintaining Uncrushability on Void Reaver?

A'lar, Void Reaver, Solarian, Kael'thas

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Maintaining Uncrushability on Void Reaver?

Postby Ash » Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:17 pm

Since we all know Void Reaver hits like a sissy, is it necessary to maintain uncrushability on him? Reason I am asking is because I can pull out an extra 200 spelldamage from gear alone (which will put me at about 700 spelldamage buffed, without JotC), and though I maintain uncrittable, I am about 7% crushable. Is the extra threat worth it, or will I get myself killed? Note that my guild is a high dps guild with a bit less healers than usual, so I think that the extra threat would be beneficial. Any advice?
Ash

Postby kaisaa » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:19 am

I would like to know this as well. In my uncrushable gear I have base 312 SD. I always raid with wizard oil so that brings it to 354. If I put on my heroic set I can push 450-500 SD and have more hit points, but I do lose about 5% of uncrushability.

Is some level of crushability a good trade off for extra spell damage on this fight or should I just eek out as much SD as I can while remaining uncrushable?
kaisaa

Postby Daine » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:00 am

I generally pile on the SD, while staying uncrittable. Arguably a crush is the same as being crit, but if you go in Lamellar pieces then Resilience makes up that gap at least. All depends on your healers though - make sure they know that you will take a few heavier hits now and then, and make sure you have the HP to take them.
GM of The New Expedition, Defias (EU). 9/9 BT, 5/5 MH, 1/6 SWP.
Daine

Postby Anubisknight » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:05 pm

I'd rather stay uncrushable. For void reaver, chances of getting double or more "parry-attacks" are high since there are 2-4 tanks hitting him from the front to keep their threat high. There is a possibility of getting 2-3 back to back crushes when you are at less than ideal health.
Anubisknight

Postby Invisusira » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:52 pm

Stay uncrushable. I use my regular gear (no +dmg except my gavel) and easily tank him for - at very least - the entire first half the fight.
Invisusira

Postby kaisaa » Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:44 am

I went with this to tank him and I think I did pretty well. Held aggro for the first 6 or 7 knockbacks and regained it several times later. We had 4 tanks in the fight, but for 95% of the time it went back and forth between myself and the druid. I wish I had some more hitpoints, but I sacraficed some for some extra spell damage and my healers didn't seem to have a terrible time keeping me up. The flask of blinding light might have been overkill but since it was the first time my new guild was letting me MT a raid boss I wanted to be prepared.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n&n=kaisaa
kaisaa

Postby fuzzygeek » Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:33 pm

I don't know that it's that big a deal. I don't recommend dropping to like 80% avoidance, but if you're around 100% in exchange for 200 spell damage, I don't see why not.

Your healers are going to be spamming you with heals anyway, and VR isn't likely to instagib you when you're fully raid buffed, parrylicious or not.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Invisusira » Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:41 pm

fuzzygeek wrote:Your healers are going to be spamming you with heals when they're not too busy running every which way to avoid the giant balls of nukeface

fixed
Invisusira

Return to Tempest Keep