[10] OOM while tanking general

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10] OOM while tanking general

Postby Soldierxx » Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:55 am

I was tanking it last night and sticking to my rotation and i was going OOM all the time and started to do really low threat because i couldnt use my abilities half the time.

Is there some special technique for general to stop going OOM? Does JoW or SoW work?
Soldierxx

Re: [10] OOM while tanking general

Postby Corpsicle » Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:56 am

No, JoW and SoW do not work. Some people respec for this fight to take 2/2 spiritual attunement and benediction. You could also try to work in the glyph of shield of righteousness (80% reduction in cost to it) though I don't know how much that really helps you overall. I kept my normal spec (see my armory) and glyphs and just altered my rotation some as needed.

What I did was use my normal tank rotation, going especially full throttle at the start with bloodlust and Av. Wrath up. With that and tricks of the trade on cooldown at pull and again in 30 seconds from our rogue, I had a very large threat lead by the time the first kite phase (Surge of Darkness). After the kite phase, I dropped consecrate from my rotation while repositioning him where I wanted him, and from then on I only used consecrate when I was at greater than 3/4 mana from spiritual attunment or blessing of sanctuary. With a large enough initial threat lead consecrate isn't 'necesary' to maintain a decent threat lead - although I did use salvation on our mage on cooldown. (Mage being the only one that really pressed me on threat over the encounter).
Corpsicle

Postby Invisusira » Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:52 am

Check out my dual spec (glyphs as well as talents). 100% mana bar on General 10 and 25, not to mention great for heroics.
Invisusira

Postby Worldie » Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:23 am

The trick is not using consecration / avenger shield, eventually not even using Holy Shield.

I'm assuming Sanctuary works (seembed working for me but i got it ignored by parrot, could use a confirm on this). Having 2/2 SA is not required but highly recommended. Also, if you manage to get in a shadow crash, you can spam all your attacks from there to build a threat lead. <3 Shadow crashes when running away.

Also, a hunter or rogue misdirecting are godsent.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Avengeance » Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:24 am

Or just hard eat the Kite phase - he doesnt evn hit that hard in 10 men.
Avengeance of Boulderfist-EU
Guild Master of High Tempest
Avengeance

Postby Invisusira » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:43 pm

Again, check out my spec. The above two posts are not even remotely needed with it, you can spam every move like you normally do.
Invisusira

Postby Panzerdin » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:41 pm

Don't spec for one boss, just stop consecrating. Much easier.
Panzerdin

Location: On a picket line, protesting against the changes to Maintankadin

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon