Remove Advertisements

Soloing Anzu in Sethekk Halls

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Soloing Anzu in Sethekk Halls

Postby Seals » Wed May 06, 2009 9:26 pm

Since 3.1.1, I haven't been able to solo Anzu. Rather, I haven't been able to get my druid into the same instance as my paladin (they're on the same account).

My usual strategy is to clear out the guards with my pally. Then, once Anzu's room is empty, I bring in my druid and summon him, then swap back over to the paladin to kill him. But since 3.1.1 hit, I bring my paladin in, clear the instance, but when I switch my druid he goes into a different instance.

I do this in a raid group with my paladin as the leader.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any solutions?
Seals

Re: Soloing Anzu in Sethekk Halls

Postby Treck » Fri May 08, 2009 6:14 am

If you logg out and then logg into your druid your paladin despawns from the world, if that happends your druid shouldnt be saved since the instance is empty. I think it works the same way if the instance is empty, and your raidleader is saved, but hes nowhere near the entrance, then the first person who runs in will make the instance "his", and if hes saved those who follows will get saved into his instance, not neccesaraly the leaders instance.
Try starting a second wow, and logging into it without logging out, your char should stay online and in the world for a few min and you might be able to enter since your paladin is still inside without despawning.
Treck

Postby Belloc » Fri May 08, 2009 11:03 am

Have you tried zoning your druid into the instance before getting on your paladin in the first place?

Also, killing one of the bosses will cause the instance to save, which might help as well.
Belloc

Postby moduspwnens » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:40 am

Belloc wrote:Have you tried zoning your druid into the instance before getting on your paladin in the first place?

Also, killing one of the bosses will cause the instance to save, which might help as well.

It's probably quicker to skip the first boss and kill the last boss. He's just as easy to solo, except opens that convenient back door to Anzu.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby latchee » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:04 am

Belloc wrote:Have you tried zoning your druid into the instance before getting on your paladin in the first place?

I just used this method :
- Go in setthek halls with my alt druid in a raid group with my pally
- On a second wow window, login with my pally (which was waiting in front of setthek halls) and got in.
- My alt druid was still there, so started to run in the dungeon but to make sure it will not soft reset instance, I relogged my alt every 15 minutes (as you can see with /raidinfo, your alt will never be saved in the instance).
- When last boss and room before it was clean, I relogged my alt and poped anzu, then relogged with my pally and downed it :P

But no drop on the first try :P
latchee

Return to General Strats