Remove Advertisements

[10/25] How much of Freya's room do you *need* to clear?

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10/25] How much of Freya's room do you *need* to clear?

Postby Faro » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:33 pm

I'm wondering if you can get away with just pulling the first three packs in the room if you're doing this hard mode. Pull her to ~the doorway and just go from there, thoughts? Map for reference: http://www.wowhead.com/?object=194324#n ... :0+12-14+1.

If someone wants to merge this into an existing Freya thread then feel free to :).
"Safiyas, if you don't stop screwing up I'm going to replace you with someone that has a Y chromosome." -Laethalas
Nikachelle on the Jewelcrafting Nerf- "Called my boyfriend up and told him. Think I ruined his day. :s"
Faro

Re: [10/25] How much of Freya's room do you *need* to clear?

Postby Corpsicle » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:54 pm

All of it - we accidentally pulled freya with a 4 pack left up and thought we had more than enough room to just kill her and call it good. Unfortunately, the first time she called in her adds the 4 pack came too.
Corpsicle

Postby Faro » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:58 pm

Corpsicle wrote:All of it - we accidentally pulled freya with a 4 pack left up and thought we had more than enough room to just kill her and call it good. Unfortunately, the first time she called in her adds the 4 pack came too.

That actually didn't happen to us. We pulled her and didn't clear the entire purple half of the room and got to the 6th wave with no adds coming in.
"Safiyas, if you don't stop screwing up I'm going to replace you with someone that has a Y chromosome." -Laethalas
Nikachelle on the Jewelcrafting Nerf- "Called my boyfriend up and told him. Think I ruined his day. :s"
Faro

Postby Corpsicle » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:02 pm

Interesting... Maybe my group should try grabbing her with some adds up again to see what happens. If none of the trash adds, pulling her to the door would certinately shorten the clear time. Just have to be sure you left enough room to deal with her bombs.
Corpsicle

Postby moduspwnens » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:03 pm

Faro wrote:I'm wondering if you can get away with just pulling the first three packs in the room if you're doing this hard mode. Pull her to ~the doorway and just go from there, thoughts? Map for reference: http://www.wowhead.com/?object=194324#n ... :0+12-14+1.

If someone wants to merge this into an existing Freya thread then feel free to :).

That sounds like an idea. I'll be watching this thread for a definite answer.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby amh » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:47 pm

Four pulls:

A - aoe flowers
B - big pack with dragon and stuff
C - aoe flowers, patrolling
D - big pack with dragon and stuff. Mount up and pull this one back to a safe spot

You can fight Freya around where the big black circle is without fear of pulling adds.

I realize after all the hard work with this post that you asked an entirely different question than what I answered >.<

I doubt you can kite her, for two reasons:
- The trees she spawns seem to spawn in set locations. Sucks to have to run all the way across the field to kill one.
- You really don't have much time from you aggro her till she starts doing her thing. She stops for a bit to gather power from the guardians, and a few seconds later the first wave comes. Even if you pull her when she's at the southernmost point, actually getting her away from there while still keeping the encounter going would be pretty damn hard. It's like putting a hard-mode on top of the hard-mode.

Just kill the four trash-packs already :)
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:30 pm

amh wrote:- The trees she spawns seem to spawn in set locations. Sucks to have to run all the way across the field to kill one.

I am reasonably sure that the tree spawn locations are randomly thrown from her; we've tanked her in wildly different locations, and the trees stay in a set radius around her.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Faro » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:42 pm

fuzzygeek wrote:I am reasonably sure that the tree spawn locations are randomly thrown from her; we've tanked her in wildly different locations, and the trees stay in a set radius around her.

This is entirely correct.

I was thinking you only had to kill A, B, and C and you pull her to the path between the first elder and the lake, about where A is on the diagram.
Faro

Postby Belloc » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:21 pm

We pull the mobs located in the front of the area, and directly by the stream. Mobs will only add if she spawns trees or adds by them.
Belloc

Postby Seloei » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:54 am

We kill the first 3 packs near the first elder and a Misdirect pull if the warrior is tanking or i'l chuck AS and run. The only thing we lose is 5s of first add wave when she reaches us. Only way this can cause a problem is if it's the big tree and shrooms spawn there.

For a 3 elder mode you only have to clear the first packs on the path to her, after that you can safely pull her to the entrance but be careful not to drag her out or she resets. No kiting to vaels room!
Seloei

Postby moduspwnens » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:09 am

We pulled her last night after only clearing those first three middle packs. Then I said, "Shouldn't we pull her back closer to the door?" and they said, "No." So we tanked her where she was and the Ancient Water Spirit kicked someone into the other pack illustrated above. Wipe.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby loeni » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:30 am

We pulled the 3 packs at the front and fought her by the elder at the start with no issues, so yeah, you can definately get away with it if doing hardmode.
loeni

Postby Serelynn » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:56 am

loeni wrote:We pulled the 3 packs at the front and fought her by the elder at the start with no issues, so yeah, you can definately get away with it if doing hardmode.

That's what we ended up doing, it makes Freya's room much better since you aren't wasting time on trash.
Serelynn

Postby Faro » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:31 pm

Serelynn wrote:
loeni wrote:We pulled the 3 packs at the front and fought her by the elder at the start with no issues, so yeah, you can definately get away with it if doing hardmode.

That's what we ended up doing, it makes Freya's room much better since you aren't wasting time on trash.

Well then that's solved :P. I'll try it out on 10m today, although last time we did it my group got brain raped and we ended up wiping for no reason : /.
Faro

Postby PsiVen » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:26 pm

Do the Elders become banished and unaggroable when you engage her in hardmode? So you could theoretically fight right on top of one of them during the encounter?
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Next

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon