[10]I need help with ulduar 10 and tanking pls.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10]I need help with ulduar 10 and tanking pls.

Postby oldboyz » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:29 am

HP, def, stats, blabla.. is just very short term comparaison... PUG level.

most of the fights need 2 tanks, so there is still place for both of you
-some boss are for us, other no (the "boumboum boss")
-in Ulduar, dealing ADDs is quite more fun than boss

important point is regular presence. The day your DK prefer IRL rather than raid... well.. your fellows will be happy to have you
dont put all the eggs in the same bag :wink:

PS.
let the DK have his 5min glory as MT1, and just wait the nerf bat incoming :mrgreen:
oldboyz

Postby Prope » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:43 am

I know this is not really what you where asking, but you should really respec, at least to get 1 point in imp .judgement, and learn the 969 rotation. That way your DK tanking buddy at least will have one hell of a job trying to keep aggro from you and as you get further on your ulduar progress threat will start to become a problem, and then you should be right back on top 8)
Prope

Postby Mert » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:38 am

Edited out. I have no intention of causing any problems and I apologise to the OP if he took my post the wrong way having read it pre-edit.

I bet you're all curious as to what I said now :P
Last edited by Mert on Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mert

Postby guillex » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:29 am

Mert wrote:
Crazyknight wrote:sigh well sorry but maybe just maybe my first language is not english so even if I don't think I have to ask for forgiveness for not being good with english in typing I just want to say it should not affect the "constructive criticism" I am looking for.

Long winded post about grammar ... again.

Have you ever stopped for a moment and thought that, as an MT in his guild, he just may NOT HAVE TO SPEAK ENGLISH?

Stop with the posts about his English. I realise that we all advocate syntax and punctuation, but honestly, 2 pages of this crap already?

Next post that comes in about his seemingly poor understanding of a secondary, or even tertiary language will be deleted, along with all previous posts concerning that subject.

Now get this thread back in line.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Faro » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:54 am

Prope wrote:I know this is not really what you where asking, but you should really respec, at least to get 1 point in imp .judgement, and learn the 969 rotation. That way your DK tanking buddy at least will have one hell of a job trying to keep aggro from you and as you get further on your ulduar progress threat will start to become a problem, and then you should be right back on top 8)

I'm not sure if he had dual spec when I looked or if I just over looked this, but this is definitely a great find. Imitate my spec (except move the points in reckoning to something more to your taste) and if you're comfortable without pursuit of justice then toss the points into conviction for even more threat. Also, replace Glyph of Exorcism with either Glyph of Judgement (better threat and guaranteed up-time on Judgements of the Just) *or* Glyph of Salvation for an extra cooldown. The problem may be that you're doing a first-come first-serve rotation and delaying judgement to the point where JotJ falls off and the boss ends up swinging 20% faster. Without a warrior keeping tclap and demo up, that can lead to you dieing rather fast.

Also, as a previous poster said make *sure* to give us some combat logs and we can be of more help.

Edit: Yay! Your protection gear. Currently you're logged out in one piece Frost resist. If that's what you tank Frozen Blows in you should consider getting the belt or boots made. I'm also seeing you as a Jewelcrafter but you're only using two prismatics, and they're in less than ideal slots. I recommend socketing your prismatics with this kind of priority:
1) Look for the highest stamina bonus.
2) Look for a non-blue slot.
3) ???
4) Profit.

Example: By switching the prismatic gem in your belt to the yellow slot and the blue gem in your belt to the prismatic slot, you gain six stamina at no stat cost. If you can afford the defense hit, by moving the prismatic to the yellow socket of your Monarch Crab and replacing it with a 24 stam gem in the blue slot, you gain 33 stamina. Also, consider a prismatic stamina gem in your shoulders over gemming for pure dodge, although there's nothing wrong with it.

Edit2x: for a 969 link. Use this for your threat rotation. Details are outlined inside.
"Safiyas, if you don't stop screwing up I'm going to replace you with someone that has a Y chromosome." -Laethalas
Nikachelle on the Jewelcrafting Nerf- "Called my boyfriend up and told him. Think I ruined his day. :s"
Faro

Postby Crazyknight » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:30 am

Ty for all the help so far and wow for you to come in and intervene Guillex it makes me wonder what else they said :D but no problem I don't care that much. Anyway I knew about the 969 rotation but I also read about alternatives and what I don't like about the 969 is consecration in Ulduar for me is not that good with all the interactive moving boss encounters around.So right now I'm holy in armory but I had 1 specc for threat that I pick up either on this forums or another.It was with conviction and Crusade max out and with the exorcism glyph which I can replace in my rotation every time is up.

I really appreciate all the help and will try to keep working on my tanking like I said I never had a problem until I step in on Ulduar, Last night we pull the big stone adds before Auriaya the ones with the sparks and just in the pull with holy shield up I almost died and had to use Lay on Hands , I find those adds harder than the boss itself.
Crazyknight

Postby Faro » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:10 pm

Crazyknight wrote:Ty for all the help so far and wow for you to come in and intervene Guillex it makes me wonder what else they said :D but no problem I don't care that much. Anyway I knew about the 969 rotation but I also read about alternatives and what I don't like about the 969 is consecration in Ulduar for me is not that good with all the interactive moving boss encounters around.So right now I'm holy in armory but I had 1 specc for threat that I pick up either on this forums or another.It was with conviction and Crusade max out and with the exorcism glyph which I can replace in my rotation every time is up.

I really appreciate all the help and will try to keep working on my tanking like I said I never had a problem until I step in on Ulduar, Last night we pull the big stone adds before Auriaya the ones with the sparks and just in the pull with holy shield up I almost died and had to use Lay on Hands , I find those adds harder than the boss itself.

The issue with *not* using 969 is that you run into threat issues and lose Judgements of the Just up-time, assuming you're dropping Judgement for Exorcism/Avenger's Shield. If you're having a problem with Consecrate in Ulduar then make sure your rotation just turns into a 969 where you're dropping only consecrate for [Exorcism-->Avenger's Shield-->Exorcism-->Consecrate] repeat. First Come First Serve is a bad rotation for someone with no T-clap on the boss and the Libram of Obstruction.

The reason you wouldn't have had this problem in lower content is because, frankly, lower content was terribly easy. Holy paladins could get away with spamming flash of light and not using sacred shield, tanks didn't have to know what gear needed to be used where, etc. The ability to realize what has to change from tier to tier is going to define you as a better tank than your colleagues.
"Safiyas, if you don't stop screwing up I'm going to replace you with someone that has a Y chromosome." -Laethalas
Nikachelle on the Jewelcrafting Nerf- "Called my boyfriend up and told him. Think I ruined his day. :s"
Faro

Postby Crazyknight » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:41 pm

Ok I think I said it wrong , lower content I mean BC stuff also just in case I know WOTLK is easy as hell up until Ulduar.

But the 969 I don't see it as the only and best rotation because in fights like Hodir I don't use Consecreate if i'm constantly moving.I saw somewhere on this forums that if you pick up the Exorcism extra dmg glyph it is better than the judgement glyph and you just have to replace exorcism everytime its cooldown was up.Like in the first rotation you the normal one and on the second one you replace I think it was a judgement for exorcism and then back to the original rotation and repeat.To be honest Threat wasn't an issue for me it was more that compared to a Deathknight tank me and the other warrior tank were getting beat down ugly while the DK with almost the same level of gear and skills was easier to heal than us.

Maybe when they change block it will help idk. Also I haven't see the dk tank with the frost presence nerf.
Crazyknight

Postby Corpsicle » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:59 pm

The judgement glyph vs the exorcism glyph is a very marginal difference I believe. I am reasonably certain that Exorcism is based on Spell Hit and will have a much higher chance of missing when compared to Judgement. Since Judging provides some added mitigation from the libram, boosts the damage from Shield of the Righteous, and applies the Judgements of the Just debuff, I'd consider it to be the overall winner when compared to Exorcism. Typically, I save Exorcism for those moments when I need to try to get something to come my way and need more threat on it than what I'd get just by taunting. This isn't to say that subbing exorcism is bad, more that you will see greater benefit from using Judgement along with the Judgement glyph because of the added benefits you get from Judgement.
Corpsicle

Postby Faro » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:30 pm

Crazyknight wrote:Ok I think I said it wrong , lower content I mean BC stuff also just in case I know WOTLK is easy as hell up until Ulduar.

But the 969 I don't see it as the only and best rotation because in fights like Hodir I don't use Consecreate if i'm constantly moving.I saw somewhere on this forums that if you pick up the Exorcism extra dmg glyph it is better than the judgement glyph and you just have to replace exorcism everytime its cooldown was up.Like in the first rotation you the normal one and on the second one you replace I think it was a judgement for exorcism and then back to the original rotation and repeat.To be honest Threat wasn't an issue for me it was more that compared to a Deathknight tank me and the other warrior tank were getting beat down ugly while the DK with almost the same level of gear and skills was easier to heal than us.

Maybe when they change block it will help idk. Also I haven't see the dk tank with the frost presence nerf.

969 is mathematically proven to be the best rotation for threat and mitigation. Replacing consecrate instead of judgement solves your only problem with it. There's really no reason to use anything else.
Faro

Previous

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon