Remove Advertisements

The Auraiya pull

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: The Auraiya pull

Postby Conaan! » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:26 am

Lore wrote:Does she sentinel blast on 10man? We did it the other night and never even noticed it, figured it was 25man only.

this is something thats been bothering me, we havent been interrupting it, and for the 5 tries it took to get her down, she did it a total of 2 times, only once getting to the second stack

and for the pull, its retarded how easy it is, drop a totem or DnD where she pats next to the stairs, have EVERYONE at the top of the stairs and to the left (were talking stairs to hodirs room, that side), this LoS's the boss and the adds, so the DK tank grabs the adds, i step back a bit and taunt the boss + exorcism, we then kill the adds and work on the boss, from there its just controlling the feral defender
Lore wrote:JEAPORDY: CREEPY BASEMENT EDITION
Conaan!

Postby discerpo » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:17 am

PsiVen wrote:The above post describes what we do now, except you can also use:

- A deathknight tank to drop DnD and then run out of LoS before they walk through it to aggro (what we did last time)

The key is that the panthers' targets are out of LoS so that they cannot pounce. .

this is what we do

i imagine this would work even if all your DK are dps, drop D&D before she comes down, and MT pali ( given the website we are on, i can only assume there is a pali MT) is consacrating where everyone is LoS on the side, taking the inital aggro the DK had. The DK can even pop IBF as a precaution
Discerpo-Unholy/Blood Troll DK
Horde-Gorefiend

Vindicated wrote: The hell? this is the internet, where I've been over 18 since I was 12.
discerpo

Postby xlos » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:30 am

Easy fix, dno if was mentioned, all tanks +dps + healers go stand out of los, let a nontanking pala bubble and agro the boss. He walks towards the tanks who are close by, they all 4 scrape of the adds, auraiya dead.
xlos

Postby MrDuck » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:31 pm

Hmm, we did this quite easily on 10man, however now we've reached it on 25 and in our last few minutes of raidtime, tried to pull it a few times. No need to say we died hard, however on the last try we kinda managed to split the cats, and died afterall anyway, i have yet to check log what exactly happened.

Anyway i have one question, when we separate a tank or two out of the raid, also out of LoS on the pull, when he taunts his add(s), he'll definitely be out of 8yd, so yeah, he'll get a pounce or two, 2 cats, shouldn't be a problem, but do the cats stand still then? I mean, then we'll have 2 cats away from the raid, so I just wanna make sure, that if tank keeps aggro on them (they wont be nuked before first 2 cats die anyway), they'll stay there and not charge the raid, right?
MrDuck

Postby Seloei » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:11 pm

After the pull the cats will jump to the one that is first on their agro table. If a dps peels off the tank, he will get pounced.

Theres multiple ways how to do the pull in this topic if you need help there. General idea is : split up tanks, pop shield wall equivalents at pull, nuke the cats then the boss. Position raid together etc.
Seloei

Postby smeej » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:16 pm

MT - Paladin
OT1 - DK
OT2 - Anything

DK lays DnD in her path and goes out of her LoS. I taunt Auraiya and get some single target aggro as the cats run by me. OT2 takes one cat away and OT gets every buff and CD imaginable. Blow Bloodlust, kill the cats and bring the final cat into Auraiya's LoS hopefully in time for the first Sonic. No insta-gibs when everything goes to plan.

After that it goes however you plan on doing it. We try to get one or two kills on the Defender down and then move away from the voids, using a Warrior to cancel Sentinel.
smeej

Postby PsiVen » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:55 am

By the way, it seems Pounce no longer has a minimum range this week. So your tanks are still going to want to shieldwall on the pull even if you're quite careful.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Dem » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:38 pm

Ooh, a novelty - Ulduar fight that's been buffed...

Anyway, bubble etc will deal with the pounce I'm sure.
Dem

Postby BubbaBill » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:25 am

I haven't read anyone suggest it yet but is this not an ideal place for a bubble pull? Everyone hides out of LoS. No Hot's or anything. Wait for the boss, bubble and pull. When the bubble wears off everyone comes in and picks up their individual targets. Just like we use to do in Kara with big rooms of AoE trash that needed to be rounded up.
BubbaBill

Postby masterpoobaa » Thu May 07, 2009 11:01 pm

I like the idea of the bubble pull!
Might try it tonight.
Previously we did a breadcrumb trail of totems to pull the mobs around a LOS corner.
DK picks up the boss, 2 pallies pick up 2 adds, last 2 adds Hunter MD'ed to the 2 pallytanks respectivly.

That pull seems to work ok, but we were getting mangled later with the feers and assplosions

Anyone have a macro for targetting and stunning the big add? I saw it on MT yesterday but now i cant find it grrr.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby Treck » Fri May 08, 2009 12:08 am

When i was MTing in 25man this week, had to pull myself without a hunter.
Actually it was the safest way we found there to be.
Auraiyas hitbox is poretty big, so what i did was standing just upstairs close to one of the small pillars on the wall around yoggs prison.
Then used Captain america shield and instantly ran behind the pillar making me LoS everyone.
Since theres a traveltime on the shield you got some spare fraction of a sec to move behind. Worked all 3 times (yes we wiped even after the pull was perfect, wtb warrs that actually can interrupt...)
Treck

Postby Karnadas » Fri May 08, 2009 1:29 am

We cleared out the two adds in front of the hallway leading to Hodir's area. We then positioned everyone at the top of the staircase on the left side (there is a "post," I guess you could call it, to have everyone LoS the panthers behind).

The MT was in that clump, too.

We had one OT (Warrior, for us) standing on the part of the circle closest to the middle of the room, I stood by the stairs leading down from Kologarn, and the Death Knight tank was by where the circle opens up to lead to the other circle. When Auriaya came around, the DK came up and put a D&D down on the stairs and run back to his spot, while a hunter put misdirect up on the warrior. Once Auriaya turned around and her cats came up behind her, he came out from around the corner, had to take a step down the stairs, and shot the closest cat to him. I grabbed the one on the far right with HoReck and the other two aggroed to the DK via D&D. The MT grabbed Auriaya and brought her to the stairs and everyone clumped up in front of her. When my sentry died, I taunted one of the DK's. After that one died, the warrior came into the group, and then the DK. We killed them in the group so things like whirlwind and divine storm would also hurt Auriaya.

After that, the DK and I stayed on Feral Defender duty (i.e. when he gets to 20% we run far away and I spam HoJ when he gets ready to death grip so we can plant the void zone in place. (He keeps using death grip even though it doesn't really work, but it's still a taunt).
Karnadas

Postby theothersteve7 » Fri May 08, 2009 12:53 pm

Um. I've never had any problems with this. I throw my shield and run out of LOS before it connects. Done it over a dozen times now, and never had it go wrong.

I'm a little confused what the hype is about on this pull.
Moo.
theothersteve7

Postby Jtree » Fri May 22, 2009 1:26 pm

masterpoobaa wrote:Anyone have a macro for targetting and stunning the big add? I saw it on MT yesterday but now i cant find it grrr.

What I use:
Code: Select all
/cleartarget
/target Feral Defender

Season to taste with /cast Hammer of Justice or /cast Hand of Reckoning.

My guild usually has a hunter drop a snake trap at the end of Auraiya's patrol path (on the left side, our SOP). She and her cats take a little time killing all the snakes, then come up to the whole raid that's waiting out of LoS. I'm waiting with consecration down and Avengers Shield flies when the first kitten comes around the corner. The other add tank has one targeted, and hunters MD the third and fourth to make sure they end up on the right tank. As long as no one tosses buffs or does anything else attention getting, it goes well.

It occurred to me after last night's kill that I could maybe guarantee aggro to me, and I wonder if anyone else has tried this: Go into the pull with HP down, maybe un-equiping my shield, and heal myself while the cats are killing the snakes. Healing aggro FTW.
Jtree

Postby Faro » Sun May 31, 2009 8:35 pm

Jtree wrote:
It occurred to me after last night's kill that I could maybe guarantee aggro to me, and I wonder if anyone else has tried this: Go into the pull with HP down, maybe un-equiping my shield, and heal myself while the cats are killing the snakes. Healing aggro FTW.

You could do that, but the amount you'd heal wouldn't be enough to give you any real threat on the targets. You can drop consecrate on the stairs after they're aggro'd to the snakes, and that would get you threat on most everything.
"Safiyas, if you don't stop screwing up I'm going to replace you with someone that has a Y chromosome." -Laethalas
Nikachelle on the Jewelcrafting Nerf- "Called my boyfriend up and told him. Think I ruined his day. :s"
Faro

PreviousNext

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon