Remove Advertisements

Frost resistance for Hodir question

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Frost resistance for Hodir question

Postby Vlad » Sat May 30, 2009 8:55 pm

My guild attempted Hodir on 10man last night and we didn't do to well.
So a few of us (maybe all of us, not sure) have made some FR gear.

Being the tank in this situation I needed to make sure I had a lot so I have 287(good)Frost resistance with no aura on and 417(Excellent) with FR aura on
Now my friend can make me another FR peace since hes a JCer which is a ring. Should I get that or would it be wasted itemization since my FR is already excellent. I have no clue how it works and weather or not there is a cap.

EDIT: With my FR gear on currently I'm still def capped but it brings my 'unhittable' down 7% to 92% with HS up (and my block without hs up is only 11%, but then again. it's only 15% without my FR gear on)
Last edited by Vlad on Sat May 30, 2009 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vlad

Re: Frost resistance for Hodir question

Postby Arcia » Sat May 30, 2009 9:03 pm

You dont really need frost resist gear in the 10 man version, I only use it for the 25man version.

Maybe if you go into a little bit more detail on what made you fail we can help you with some pointers.
Arcia

Postby Corpsicle » Sat May 30, 2009 9:42 pm

While you don't 'need' Frost Resistance for Hodir on 10 man, if you have a hard time staying alive long enough to learn the various tricks to the fight then it will give you added survivability while progressing through. I would think you'd be fine with out the ring - typically I use 2 peices of frost resist on that fight - my threat gen is fine though that may change for hard mode. The 2 pieces, along with frost aura and MoTW is plenty. I take very little damage from frozen blows, allowing healers to focus on keeping themselves and dps up instead.

This thread might help you as well:

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=22662
Corpsicle

Postby Vlad » Sat May 30, 2009 10:06 pm

It was frozen blows that was doing to much damage to me.
I'm not sure on the actual figures but I watched my health drop from 100% to about 20% and then dead.
Vlad

Postby Conaan! » Sun May 31, 2009 4:08 am

Vlad wrote:It was frozen blows that was doing to much damage to me.
I'm not sure on the actual figures but I watched my health drop from 100% to about 20% and then dead.

what you can do then is just blow shield wall, and call for a CD (pain suppression/Hosac+bubble/GS) when frozen blows comes up, also lets the healers focus more on the raid then you with all the raid damage that is running around

also, a stat link wouldnt be too bad at helping to figure out your problem
Lore wrote:JEAPORDY: CREEPY BASEMENT EDITION
Conaan!

Postby Crazyknight » Sun May 31, 2009 8:58 pm

Arcia wrote:You dont really need frost resist gear in the 10 man version, I only use it for the 25man version.

Maybe if you go into a little bit more detail on what made you fail we can help you with some pointers.

I'm wondering , did you do the 10 man version with 25 man gear from either Naxx,maly and so on plus emblems or did you try it with all 10 man gear as the entire raid?

Cuz whenver ppl say 10 man is easy i armory some of them and they do it in 25 man gear : /
Crazyknight

Postby Aubade » Sun May 31, 2009 9:18 pm

Crazyknight wrote:
Arcia wrote:You dont really need frost resist gear in the 10 man version, I only use it for the 25man version.

I'm wondering , did you do the 10 man version with 25 man gear from either Naxx,maly and so on plus emblems or did you try it with all 10 man gear as the entire raid?

Cuz whenver ppl say 10 man is easy i armory some of them and they do it in 25 man gear : /

10M IS easy.

And don't worry about your Frost Resist, you're already way above what you need, I tank this every week with 0 FR on 10M and only 1 piece of gear on 25M
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby Mert » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:16 am

I tend to use the belt and boots. With FR aura this gives me 302 FR. I switch Essence of Gossamer for Repelling Charge (keeping Monarch Crab) and I have the FR gear gemmed for Defense and Stamina. In total this gives me 30.1k unbuffed and I'm at 543 defense. Admittedly I am in nearly full Naxx-25/Ulduar gear so it's easier for me than if I was full Naxx-10 (as was mentioned above) but I haven't found 10-man Hodir to be a problem at all with this setup.
Mert

Postby Robob » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:00 am

When I tank it on 25m I wear 2pc Frost and only pop cooldowns when it looks like ppl are having a hard time staying out of ice bombs etc. Other than that just always try to tank him with his back to a light beam and its ez mode as long as no one important gets frozen.
Robob - Area 52
Robob
Maintankadonor

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon