Remove Advertisements

Anyone solo'd any world bosses yet?

Doomwalker, Doom Lord Kazzak

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Leuthas » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:24 am

Yesterday while goofing around in SMV I noticed Doomwalker yelling out random things, like he does when you attack him. So I decided to head over and see if I could join up in the raid, but when I got there, he died with his typical emote and all I saw was a single gryphon flying away... just as Doomwalker was still falling apart. This isn't definate, but I a sure Doomwalker was soloed.
Why can't a Warrior Thunderclap while silenced?

You're actually clapping your thighs together with a force so powerful that you generate a sonic boom and the resulting electrostatic energy. Unfortunately, when you're silenced, you can't generate the audible force from your thunder thighs.

Leuthas
Maintankadonor

Re: Anyone solo'd any world bosses yet?

Postby ldeboer » Wed May 27, 2009 12:26 am

Doomwalker is an easy 2 man tank/pally healer tank/druid healer

Never heard it solo'ed and the sunder armour debuff stacks up so eventually you end up with effectively no armor.

2 man the healer has to be able to survive the overrun which is why it has to be a pally or druid healer and every now and again the healer has to tank him for a few sec to let the sunder debuff wear off. This usually means the pally healer in tank plate and druid switching to bear.
ldeboer

Postby Panzerdin » Sat May 30, 2009 6:00 am

I'm pretty sure a priest could manage it, given the fight gear/spec. Some Disc specs are pretty damn hard to kill.
Panzerdin

Location: On a picket line, protesting against the changes to Maintankadin

Postby Ardrhyst » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:38 pm

Has anyone given Doom Lord Kazzak a shot recently? I've seen some people on the internet claiming to have soloed him, but I can't imagine how.

I'm running Judgement of Light to keep me alive (and I'm not even sure it's sustainable) and Seal of Wisdom to keep my mana up in order to avoid exploding due to the mana drain bomb. If the bomb goes off, you get blasted out of range, and he plays havoc with you as you struggle to get back to him.

It's not enough DPS. Even spamming myself with Cleanse as fast as I can when he casts Twisted Reflection, he always seems to get one hit in, which bounces his life back up. Even if I'm making slight headway (which is uncommon), his Twisted Reflection seems to resist Cleanse, as sometimes it takes multiple casts even if he doesn't have a Thunderclap on me to muck things up. That means he gets multiple hits in while I'm spamming, which pretty much brings him back to full.

Anybody have experience with this? I consider it my mission to bring down as many of these big old dorks as possible, but this one's really got me.
Biggest Game Hunter, as well as collector of pets and mounts. Currently hunting paladins' former glory.
Ardrhyst
Maintankadonor

Postby Leuthas » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:02 am

Ardrhyst wrote:Has anyone given Doom Lord Kazzak a shot recently? I've seen some people on the internet claiming to have soloed him, but I can't imagine how.

I'm running Judgement of Light to keep me alive (and I'm not even sure it's sustainable) and Seal of Wisdom to keep my mana up in order to avoid exploding due to the mana drain bomb. If the bomb goes off, you get blasted out of range, and he plays havoc with you as you struggle to get back to him.

It's not enough DPS. Even spamming myself with Cleanse as fast as I can when he casts Twisted Reflection, he always seems to get one hit in, which bounces his life back up. Even if I'm making slight headway (which is uncommon), his Twisted Reflection seems to resist Cleanse, as sometimes it takes multiple casts even if he doesn't have a Thunderclap on me to muck things up. That means he gets multiple hits in while I'm spamming, which pretty much brings him back to full.

Anybody have experience with this? I consider it my mission to bring down as many of these big old dorks as possible, but this one's really got me.

I can confidently say that Kazzak cannot be solo'd by any Protection Paladin. Doomwalker can be, I've done it. Azuregos can be, done that too. Some of the Emerald world dragons can be, I have not done any myself.

You're actually clapping your thighs together with a force so powerful that you generate a sonic boom and the resulting electrostatic energy. Unfortunately, when you're silenced, you can't generate the audible force from your thunder thighs.

Leuthas
Maintankadonor

Postby Ardrhyst » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:58 pm

Yeah, I've done Doomwalker and Azuregos a bunch, as well as Taerar once (but that took so long I will not do it again). I was hoping to have a fun challenge in Doom Lord Kazzak, but he's just stupid.
Biggest Game Hunter, as well as collector of pets and mounts. Currently hunting paladins' former glory.
Ardrhyst
Maintankadonor

Postby Leuthas » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:54 am

ldeboer wrote:Doomwalker is an easy 2 man tank/pally healer tank/druid healer

Never heard it solo'ed and the sunder armour debuff stacks up so eventually you end up with effectively no armor.

2 man the healer has to be able to survive the overrun which is why it has to be a pally or druid healer and every now and again the healer has to tank him for a few sec to let the sunder debuff wear off. This usually means the pally healer in tank plate and druid switching to bear.

I've actually noticed that the Sunder tends to hit aroudn 6-9 and actually wears off before he reapplies; unfortuantely sometimes he'll just keep it up, which is when I die and wait 15 minutes - or bubble hearth.

Leuthas
Maintankadonor

Postby Ardrhyst » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:18 pm

Leuthas wrote:
ldeboer wrote:Doomwalker is an easy 2 man tank/pally healer tank/druid healer

I've actually noticed that the Sunder tends to hit aroudn 6-9 and actually wears off before he reapplies; unfortuantely sometimes he'll just keep it up, which is when I die and wait 15 minutes - or bubble hearth.

High avoidance solves most of the problem; if you avoid enough sunders the stack falls off. Bubble works to shrug off a big stack if you get repeatedly unlucky.
Ardrhyst
Maintankadonor

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:28 pm

Yeah, Doomwalker's pretty easy. Used to do it with a resto shaman friend to speed things up. Drops a healthy chunk of cash, too.
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Previous

Return to Outdoor World Bosses