Remove Advertisements

[10] Healers

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10] Healers

Postby sapientialb » Wed May 27, 2009 8:35 am

So we're still in the process of trying to recruit a 3rd healer into our 10man group and thus far have managed to get up to 8/14 (front two areas + Freya) with pugging a couple different healers.

Last night we were in the position of 10 guildies showing up to raid so we made the decision to have our ret pally go heals, which netted us 2 holy pallies and 1 holy (coh) priest. It was rough, really rough. We couldnt do ingis and the bridge boss turned into a cluster that we barely managed to kill.

With the ret-pally turned healer variable I can't really tell if its just simply stupid hard to do Ulduar without a druid on 10man or if we have some skill issues.

Anyone running with a 2 Holy Pally + Priest combo and making it work?

"Tanks need many stats, including No-blink crotch staring resistance" - Snake-Aes
sapientialb

Re: [10] Healers

Postby Jasari » Wed May 27, 2009 9:04 am

sapientialb wrote:So we're still in the process of trying to recruit a 3rd healer into our 10man group and thus far have managed to get up to 8/14 (front two areas + Freya) with pugging a couple different healers.

Last night we were in the position of 10 guildies showing up to raid so we made the decision to have our ret pally go heals, which netted us 2 holy pallies and 1 holy (coh) priest. It was rough, really rough. We couldnt do ingis and the bridge boss turned into a cluster that we barely managed to kill.

With the ret-pally turned healer variable I can't really tell if its just simply stupid hard to do Ulduar without a druid on 10man or if we have some skill issues.

Anyone running with a 2 Holy Pally + Priest combo and making it work?

We've done 1 holy pally + 1 holy priest for a bunch of bosses in Ulduar when our main healers were gone, and I think we got through Thorim without too much trouble. Our usual raiding core is 2 holy priests + 1 resto druid though, and I'd definitely agree that resto druids are very valuable in 10man.
Jasari

Postby Calleana » Fri May 29, 2009 4:59 am

We normally run with two main healers(holy priest and holy pally) and 2/3 dps who can swicth to healing if necessary (shaman, druid and priest). We haven't cleared too far in but if it helps here are who we do with which healers:

Razorscale-2 main healers
XT-2 main healers (2 main healers + druid pre-nerf)
Iron council- 2 main healers + Priest
Kologarn- 2 main healers + Priest

We have so far been trying Auriaya-2 main healers + Priest. And Ignis has been so diasterous on the first few weeks that people dread us saying we're trying that guy again.
Calleana-Darkblade
Calleana
Maintankadonor

Postby Treck » Fri May 29, 2009 5:43 am

We have done most of the 10man hardmodes with 2 healers (general we had to use 3 healers for).
And easiest combo have definately been druid/priest, a combatress aswell as remarkable aoehealing aswell as tankhealing makes druids very nice to have, and Priests complement restodruids in a way that makes most healing so "easy" compared to having pally/priest wich we started out with, If your not doing hardmodes 2-3 healers is very viable aslong as atleast one of them are aoehealers imo.
We went with 3 healers when we started out i think but it was a bit overkill, but hard to know the first time you do it :P

But if you have 2healers, i wouldnt suggest you have your retri go holy tbh, he will do about the same, if not more healing as retri (depends on the fight aswell as his skill ofc) High dps is a very good way to help the healers ^^
Treck

Postby ulushnar » Fri May 29, 2009 5:47 am

We've quite often run with two Holy Pallies and a Priest/Druid/Shaman, but it does tend to make the more splash-heavy fights a little colorful.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Belarkan » Fri May 29, 2009 5:58 am

sapientialb wrote:Anyone running with a 2 Holy Pally + Priest combo and making it work?

If I remember correctly, we did XT-002, Kologarn, Auriaya and Mimiron with 1 holy paladin, 1 holy priest, 2 tanks, and 6 dps.
We only had very nasty time on Mimiron mostly because it was the first time we went there.
Belarkan

Postby Smite-Turalyon » Fri May 29, 2009 6:25 am

We're to the point we are doing just about everything non hard mode including General with 2 healers. Our normal healer combo is shaman/paladin. It does require our dps to pay attention (we have our elemental shamans tag in brain heals when needed - Kologarn gripping a healer, Hodir's frost blows) and we make generous use of div sac + bubble/dp. YMMV
Smite-Turalyon

Postby sapientialb » Fri May 29, 2009 7:43 am

Thanks for the feedback and follow-up guys. The whole notion of 2 healers just seems scary at this point, maybe its just a gear issue. We're trialing a druid on Sunday, we'll see how that goes.

"Tanks need many stats, including No-blink crotch staring resistance" - Snake-Aes
sapientialb

Postby semp » Fri May 29, 2009 8:06 am

3 healers is complete overkill in the early parts of U10 if your healers are good and have the correct gear level for the content. When we first started in U10 in Naxx 25 gear (who doesnt have this by now), we ran 2 healers for everything except Mimiron and Vexaz. That was using a druid and holy paladin. Using 2 healers means stuff dies much faster, putting less stress on healing longevity. If you are running three healers for a majority of the fights you ned to check their mana post fight, meteres to see the % healing split along with HPS (heals per second), if they are high on mana and the boss is dead you could have to many healers. If you look at the meters and see a skewed split where 1 healer is way low on % healing and HPS you have to many healers.
semp

Postby sapientialb » Fri May 29, 2009 8:39 am

I keep getting the pushback from the holy paladin that anytime the fight involves substantial movement they're crippled. I've healed on my shammy in wrath but not on the pally, so I'm trying to give the benefit of the doubt here since I don't know exactly how the buttons all work for Holy, but with the cooldown's HolyShock feels like Riptide but I'm not quite sure if there's a nature's swiftness equivalent for those OhShit! moments.

sapientialb

Postby mosa » Fri May 29, 2009 9:17 am

Were clearing and doing hard modes with 2 healers, but we do have 2 elemental shammies that are pro at helping out during the odd crunch, keeping the 2 healers is nice as it really makes alot of the fights shorter...

Doing 2 healers on hard mode IC or others can be a bit tricky, but like I said, if you can have some people be intelligent about when they can assist it makes a huge difference.
mosa

Postby sherck » Fri May 29, 2009 9:34 am

My observations are that you can 2 heal all of Ulduar-10 pretty easily as long as you have a hybrid or two of DPS that does not mind lessening their DPS slightly to help out at crunch times.

XT-002 Temper is a good example. Sure, can 2 healers heal the raid enough to keep everyone up? Sure, but it is a whole lot easier and more efficient as a raid to have 1 or 2 hybrid DPS drop DPS for 5 seconds, cast a round or two of HoT or Chain Heals or whatever, and then pick up DPS again.

That argument might not make it on General, I have not gotten to him yet.

AND it is dependant on your DPS being able to actually move out of the green goo of death on their own and not sucking up healing mana that needs to be otherwise reserved for the tanks and non-avoidable raid damage.

But yeah, 2 healers are enough if the raid is good.

Cheers,
sherck

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon