Remove Advertisements

Hard Mode DPS requirements [10]

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: Hard Mode DPS requirements [10]

Postby Fedaykin98 » Thu May 28, 2009 3:29 pm

I don't think anyone is saying that trends one notices over several weeks on a wide variety of bosses are attributeable to randomness.
Fedaykin98

Postby semp » Fri May 29, 2009 1:00 pm

PsiVen wrote:That's not true at all. Even if they have the exact same job, gear and class differences (not to mention raid debuffs in a 10man) can easily put say for XT hardmode a ret paladin doing 4600 while a combat rogue hits 7k. Look at any WWS, the spread is significant. Anyone who can reliably put out 4k DPS is pulling their weight at least.

This is quite true as our Heartbreaker this week I was that ret paladin in the mid 4K. Why low? Well we only have 2 healers, and I help healing during tantrums, as little as it might be the 3k flashes keep people alive long enough to get the big heal. Also it can depending on other factors, like i took half the light bombs and shadow crashes (think thats what its called). And that same night in our 25 i took 5, yes 5 debuffs in a row it was pretty silly.
semp

Postby Panzerdin » Fri May 29, 2009 2:48 pm

That's fair enough, but if you did that every fight then I'd start asking pointed questions.
Panzerdin

Location: On a picket line, protesting against the changes to Maintankadin

Postby Tekkel » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:07 am

Buffs just make alot of difference tbh. DPS varies alot from encounter to encounter as well.
My guild is more of the seriously casual type but raid dps varies from 3.5k to 6k on most encounters between the highest and lowest and between 4-5k is generally accepted as decent enough in our 25 man raids.
Personally I'm a tank with ret dual spec with pretty decent gear and I cannot break 5k on longer fights unless there's some gimmick that increases damage done like on hodir.
Tekkel

Previous

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon