PVP retri - help needed inside

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

Re: PVP retri - help needed inside

Postby Fedaykin98 » Thu May 28, 2009 8:36 am

What would y'all recommend as a good 2nd trinket for Arena? I've been running with Greatness and Battlemaster's Accuracy, which is providing a ton of nice Hit at the moment. I bought it when I was Honor capped (haven't been capped since, lol, thanks to hitting 1400 and 1450) and thought the on-use was useful. I can now say with conviction that the uselessness of the on-use during 98% of matches is a bigger deal than the 2% where it might conceivably save you.

As far as other trinkets, I've got ye olde Mirror of Truth in my PvE set still. I see a lot of recommendations for Bandit's Insignia, but I don't have it and I'm not Naxxing anymore, so that's out.

I've considered going back to the Mirror and just re-gemming for 5% Hit. I've also considered either the Anvil or the Disks from Wintergrasp. Probably the one that procs, because I'm terrible about saving my on-use stuff and not using it.

Thoughts?
Fedaykin98

Postby Angelarc6570 » Thu May 28, 2009 11:41 am

Fedaykin98 wrote:What would y'all recommend as a good 2nd trinket for Arena? I've been running with Greatness and Battlemaster's Accuracy, which is providing a ton of nice Hit at the moment. I bought it when I was Honor capped (haven't been capped since, lol, thanks to hitting 1400 and 1450) and thought the on-use was useful. I can now say with conviction that the uselessness of the on-use during 98% of matches is a bigger deal than the 2% where it might conceivably save you.

As far as other trinkets, I've got ye olde Mirror of Truth in my PvE set still. I see a lot of recommendations for Bandit's Insignia, but I don't have it and I'm not Naxxing anymore, so that's out.

I've considered going back to the Mirror and just re-gemming for 5% Hit. I've also considered either the Anvil or the Disks from Wintergrasp. Probably the one that procs, because I'm terrible about saving my on-use stuff and not using it.

Thoughts?

One alternative, IMHO, is the Darkmoon Card: Undeath. Gives the same burst as the Bandits Insignia, but gives crit instead of AP. I bought it, and have never looked back.
"Half my friendslist is made up of people I need to remember to hate"

Tier List! Supports!!

http://www.omgyumyum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=686

SC2/LoL
Angelarc6570

Postby Fedaykin98 » Thu May 28, 2009 2:53 pm

What trinket are people referring to when they say GLG?
Fedaykin98

Postby uke » Thu May 28, 2009 3:03 pm

Fedaykin98 wrote:What trinket are people referring to when they say GLG?

gmomish lightning generator - engineering trinket with crit rating and on demand lightning hit, good for burst damage
Pally's been relegated to AH duties.

RAWR'ing it up as a bear now, with a side of boomkin.
uke

Postby Bozie » Fri May 29, 2009 6:02 am

I use anvil of titans and med of the horde
Bozie

Postby Angelarc6570 » Fri May 29, 2009 2:32 pm

Bozie wrote:I use anvil of titans and med of the horde

Being human, he probably wont need the Medallion. And the Gnomish Lightning Generator is very nice to use, for on demand burst ^.^
"Half my friendslist is made up of people I need to remember to hate"

Tier List! Supports!!

http://www.omgyumyum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=686

SC2/LoL
Angelarc6570

Previous

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes