[10/25] Specific Yogg-Saron P1 problem

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10/25] Specific Yogg-Saron P1 problem

Postby PsiVen » Thu May 28, 2009 1:51 am

Also, killing multiple adds at once is extremely dangerous for the tanks, let alone the melee who would need to be interrupting until the last second.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Panzerdin » Thu May 28, 2009 3:35 am

I think just taking your chances with one in P2 is far safer.
Panzerdin

Location: On a picket line, protesting against the changes to Maintankadin

Postby Aldonza » Thu May 28, 2009 3:48 am

PsiVen wrote:Also, killing multiple adds at once is extremely dangerous for the tanks, let alone the melee who would need to be interrupting until the last second.

We've normally got 2 to 3 mages that are on CS duty for the ferry tanks. Once the low add is dragged to the middle to be killed, melee stays focused on any new incoming adds, and the add kill squad in the middle takes over the countering moves. It makes it safer for melee.
Aldonza
Maintankadonor

Postby cordelia » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:47 am

We're having a lot of problems with this on 25-man. The big problem is sealing the deal on the last 3 adds. We can get the first 5 down very smoothly. After that, they spawn too fast, or we dps too slow. Regardless, by the time Sara hits 0% health, there are 3 more adds up, and she doesn't stop spawning them until 5 seconds after she hits 0%, releasing another 1-3 adds, for a total of 4+ going into P2.

We've tried the taunting method, we've tried the ferry method. The only thing we haven't tried is tanking them in the middle.

For those who tank in the middle, where does melee stand? do you have all the range and healers stack up and avoid the clouds together?

For those who tank-ferry or taunt-ferry, do you change anything for the last 3 adds?
cordelia

Postby Dazhbog » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:45 am

For those who tank in the middle, where does melee stand? do you have all the range and healers stack up and avoid the clouds together?

The clouds move in a predictable pattern, which means there's a predictable path between open spots in the middle. The "easiest" way to find it is to watch the two closest clouds to center (they move in opposite directions) and always go to the point where they just separated, putting you across the circle from where they will next converge.

Basically, we throw everyone in the middle and use the fact that the clouds move in predictable circles to define movement patterns. We have a healer marked as a "safe spot" but it's up to each individual to not hit a cloud.
Dazhbog

Postby Seloei » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:49 am

Are you having the last 2 moved in asap and have ALL dps blow em up, not just the 3 designated ones?
Thats the key we found to get through phase1 perfect. Once Sara hits 25% health we bring in the last two and just burn em asap (melee and ranged). Due to the fact that one add will be almost at low health the second one will be wacked by melee while going in and both of them blow up quite soon relative to the other deaths and it gives us a 1, sometimes 2 adds up eventho we 'run through clouds' to make it work.
Clouds despawn when she stops casting and is at 0% health
Seloei

Postby amh » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:09 am

cordelia wrote:For those who tank in the middle, where does melee stand? do you have all the range and healers stack up and avoid the clouds together?

We keep melee and tanks in the middle for the entire phase 1. Once you get comfortable with it, you kind of get into the rhytm. Zerg down add 1, heal up tanks/melee just in time for add 2 to die, heal up tanks/melee.. and so on.

Ranged can just run around like the headless chickens that we are. With good interrupts (which you do have, since your interrupters never leave the middle) there´s no damage taken for the ranged, so you don´t have to worry about range to healers etc. They will probably spread out naturally to avoid clouds. This means that you always have someone ready to heal/dps down adds, regardless of unlucky cloud positions.

Phase 1 can seem a bit hectic at first, but again, it´s all about the rhytm. We usually transition into phase 2 with 0-2 adds up now. A clean phase transition makes so much difference. Oh, and whoever gets the debuff in melee range had better be quick on his feet.
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Enkal » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:31 am

Had 1 hour last night on Yogg-25, some have seen yogg-10 before, and during 5 tries or so we always got swarmed. Ppl cant seem to stay away from clouds, it's "they magically appeared behind me" or "they boxed me in" ( :roll: ). Interrupts fail alot as well. :(

Like someone before me posted, we've tried the "drag mob to Sara" and "stand at Sara and taunt at low health" method. Raid leaders dont want to try the stand and tank in the middle strategy since they are afraid that even more will be spawned by people who have zero enviormental awareness. :( (Should've seen the amount of people hit by shadow crash in Vezax..)
Enkal

Postby Dantriges » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:10 pm

Yeah that´s the reason I am loathe to let my guys run around in the cloud path. :|
Dantriges

Postby towelliee » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:43 am

I would pay good fn money for Blizzard to freaking make it known in some way who is tripping clouds. I mean really people can just be like OMGZ IT WASN'T ME PROVE IT WRAAAAAAAAA.

We have been able to down him every lock out but damn this would be useful.
towelliee

Postby Belloc » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:50 am

cordelia wrote:We're having a lot of problems with this on 25-man. The big problem is sealing the deal on the last 3 adds. We can get the first 5 down very smoothly. After that, they spawn too fast, or we dps too slow. Regardless, by the time Sara hits 0% health, there are 3 more adds up, and she doesn't stop spawning them until 5 seconds after she hits 0%, releasing another 1-3 adds, for a total of 4+ going into P2.

We've tried the taunting method, we've tried the ferry method. The only thing we haven't tried is tanking them in the middle.

For those who tank-ferry or taunt-ferry, do you change anything for the last 3 adds?

The biggest thing you can do to help with the last 3 adds is to spawn an additional two adds early on in the fight.

Here's how we do it:

Druid sprints in, hits a cloud. One tank picks up the first spawn, I pick up the second spawn. When first add is at 50%, first tank drags it to the boss where the ranged finish it. When mine is at 50%, I do the same. 3rd tank picks up the 3rd add and does the same. At this point, we hit another cloud. Tank rotation starts over again.

So, we deliberately spawn two adds, and tanks drag their adds to the boss when it's their turn. If I could find a good point, I'd spawn a third add (that way, we'd get to phase 2 with 1 add up instead of 2).
Belloc

Postby Dalithe » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:54 pm

We use 3 tanks during P1 with the 1 extra spawn at the beginning. We also have a Enh shaman drop a tremor totem in the pathing that the tanks take to get to Sara in case of MC while in transit and it helps [u]a little [/u]when dispels are not in range.

Druid spawns extra, we pick up 2, they generally go down almost the same time due to "blender" effect of being near heavy melee oriented raid. Around 50%-30% we transit in to Sara. The problem we run into each time is tanks judging the DPS and dots left on mobs while transiting. If there are alot of clouds in the way or a MC or cast slows down the mob they die to soon from dots or dps that doesn't stop. Or tanks go to soon and it takes to a long time for them to die while the tank is sitting at the center. We also have a range group (ele, spriest, lock or hunter) that hovers in and out of the center area to finish off the last bits of the mobs so they explode on Sara.

A goal I think would be to have 1 mob dpsed, 1 mob in transit, and 1 dead with a tank coming back to main group. Basically only 2 active adds at any given time to minimize MC's.
Dalithe

Postby Avengeance » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:53 pm

We run 2 tanks for the whole encounter - spawn one deliberately at start, one tank takes natural spawn, one tank takes deliberate spawn. Focus fire on 1 target first - start moving your add when its on around 40-50% hp. We tank adds near the door, and tank move in to middle when adds are low hp - each tank moves his own add only, and are independent of each other. If your DPS is fast enough - you will always have a tank in the middle, a tank in the raid, both having 1 add each. Assign some non-retarded ranged dps to be the killing-off team on the center add - usually 5-6 casters is enough.

The first mob you might not catch up on time since you are spawning an extra one - so the 3rd add may actually be untanked - but if you have 4 keepers helping you, any plate DPS can well hold the add for 5-6 secs until your first tank returns from the middle.

TO avoid getting zerged at the end, its all about fast dps on the last 2 adds, you have to blow Sara up to 0% before the clouds spawn new ones - we usually start P2 with 1 or even 0 adds up. This is key to have successful P2, otherwise you will be set back in time.
Avengeance of Boulderfist-EU
Guild Master of High Tempest
Avengeance

Previous

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon