Remove Advertisements

[10] Mimiron P4

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10] Mimiron P4

Postby Treck » Fri May 22, 2009 4:53 pm

Belloc wrote:If someone misses it after 3.1.2, they're simply not paying attention.

THIS.
Seriously, you have to be blind to not see it now if everyone sees the same graphics that i did today.
Its like 2 big red beacons in the room.
The old sarth Voidzones wasnt rly hard seeing imo, and the blue one didnt make it "easier" tbh so that change was unnessesary imo, but this is a really good call. Can actually tank him without worrying that youll have a rocket in your face any sec.
Treck

Postby Tiandelin » Sat May 23, 2009 6:46 am

Seloei wrote:it's an extremely delicate movement to not turn him and still not get hit by the lazors while his doing it.
The best way we found was if i run to almost the exact spot where the lasers start zapping and standing still there, even if i think he will turn towards me.
He does it on 120 degree arc, so that close to the edge isn't needed but it helps.

I've mentioned this in the other Mimiron threads, but it probably bears repeating in here. If you drop to walk speed when he does laser barrage, you can strafe around him without ever having to worry about moving him or being caught by the barrage.

Remember to switch back to run speed when it's done, or things might get messy on the next shock blast.
Tiandelin - Co-MT of Monolith, Area 52 US
Tiandelin

Postby Jasari » Wed May 27, 2009 5:59 am

For patch 3.1.3, the laser Barrage during P4 issue is being fixed (nerfed)

Ulduar : Mimiron

* The flight time of Rocket Strikes has been increased, and Rocket Strikes will try to prefer players at range.
* The Leviathan Mk II component of the V-07-TR-0N will become stunned during Phase 4 when the VX-001 component begins to cast the P3Wx2 Laser Barrage ability.
* Proximity mines now deal less damage and have a lower duration. A small arming time has also been added so
* proximity mines will not immediately detonate on creation.

I don't necessarily think the other changes were needed, people definitely should have been good enough at avoiding bad shit without more nerfs. But the P4 Laser Barrage was retarded given how random mob's repositioning works.
Jasari

Postby Treck » Wed May 27, 2009 6:12 am

I cinda agree, however i dont know if this will make mimiron hardmode harder or not if you cant move the bottom while its doing laser.
Rocket strike was good as it was... its a retardcheck, or more, awareness check.
Mines duration is nice, so that they will be removed when P2 pops, but far from necesary, and the dmg have allrdy been nefed its beeing a joke now, just run over it so you get out and in asap now.
Mine arming time will be nice for hardmode tho. Theres been many times when you have to move him a bit when the mines fly out and eather hits meele making their wat back in, or healer/casters standing range, but still a bit close.

Our meele whine about invissible mines every now and then, and they all seem to agree that it happends, ive never ran into one thats been invisible tho, anyone else knows about this issue?
Treck

Postby moduspwnens » Wed May 27, 2009 6:21 am

Jasari wrote:For patch 3.1.3, the laser Barrage during P4 issue is being fixed (nerfed)

Ulduar : Mimiron

* The flight time of Rocket Strikes has been increased, and Rocket Strikes will try to prefer players at range.
* The Leviathan Mk II component of the V-07-TR-0N will become stunned during Phase 4 when the VX-001 component begins to cast the P3Wx2 Laser Barrage ability.
* Proximity mines now deal less damage and have a lower duration. A small arming time has also been added so
* proximity mines will not immediately detonate on creation.

I don't necessarily think the other changes were needed, people definitely should have been good enough at avoiding bad shit without more nerfs. But the P4 Laser Barrage was retarded given how random mob's repositioning works.

I just came in here to post that. I don't know what "prefer players at range" means, as to whether it's:
- Rocket Strikes will only hit ranged unless there is no ranged, then they'll hit melee.
or
- Rocket Strikes will hit ranged more often, but still occasionally hit melee.

The latter will still be a pain, because they'll still be able to kill you and you'll still have to deal with his massive model and still watch for them.

As for the proximity mine duration, that's probably a good change... especially for hard mode when positioning is more critical. I'm less concerned about going into Phase 2 (as nobody moves over them anyway), and more concerned about them overlapping in Phase 4 or him throwing them out after chasing me out with a Shock Blast, which can cause other problems. I think (based on their damage and the amount of them) that they were more intended to be something you dodge if you can, but the healers can pick up if you run through. If you're in Phase 4 for very long at all, they're going to be overlapping and unless you're a tank, taking two at once will probably kill you.

Overall, probably good changes. #2 was absolutely necessary and, imo, is more of a bug fix than a nerf. The rest are nerfs, but I've always argued that Mimiron needs to be brought down a bit anyway.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Treck » Wed May 27, 2009 6:31 am

moduspwnens wrote:I just came in here to post that. I don't know what "prefer players at range" means, as to whether it's:
- Rocket Strikes will only hit ranged unless there is no ranged, then they'll hit melee.
or
- Rocket Strikes will hit ranged more often, but still occasionally hit melee.

My guess is that its gonna be like shadowcrashes/mark of the faceless on general.
That is, that it will target players at range (not meele) as long as there is 3or more ranged to target (3would be 10man and about 7 or smth in 25man)
WE always clump up in the middle when P2 starts in 25man to eeze healing, i wonder what ranged "ranged" ppl are, wont be much of a differance to what it is now for us tho.

moduspwnens wrote:Overall, probably good changes. #2 was absolutely necessary and, imo, is more of a bug fix than a nerf. The rest are nerfs, but I've always argued that Mimiron needs to be brought down a bit anyway.

Him spinning up and then deciding to just jump half 180degrees in the middle of the spinnup and continue there, A BUG imo.
Him still running around meeleing the tank while spinning up, game mechanics imo.
But even tho its annoying like hell in P4, you can work your way around it, i havnt experienced it to be any problems the last few weeks at all. As i said in my previous post, i dont know if its gonna make hardmode harder, or easier, or if youll notice anything at all.
I dont see it as a bugfix since you could work perfectly around it. But all in all, it was prolly a good thing to do tho.
Treck

Postby moduspwnens » Wed May 27, 2009 7:49 am

Treck wrote:Him spinning up and then deciding to just jump half 180degrees in the middle of the spinnup and continue there, A BUG imo.
Him still running around meeleing the tank while spinning up, game mechanics imo.

I haven't seen the former, but the latter is still buggy mechanics. Yes, game mechanics are what causes it, but something tells me (well, this fix actually) that it wasn't intended that Mimiron be so difficult to turn without moving.

Treck wrote:But even tho its annoying like hell in P4, you can work your way around it, i havnt experienced it to be any problems the last few weeks at all. As i said in my previous post, i dont know if its gonna make hardmode harder, or easier, or if youll notice anything at all.
I dont see it as a bugfix since you could work perfectly around it. But all in all, it was prolly a good thing to do tho.

The ability to work around something doesn't negate its status as buggy mechanics. There's nothing fun about my raid wiping because something literally as simple as turning the boss around takes practice, a special strategy or luck. I turned the boss properly, so he should turn. If he doesn't, or if I get zapped, it's buggy because I did everything correctly and "difficult to turn" isn't a mechanic intended to be in the fight.

I'm at work so I can't YouTube it, but I'll try and find a few links on my lunch break.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed May 27, 2009 11:12 am

Last night we had a shockblast immediately followed by pulse cannon, so he basically followed me out of the center and was firing lazers by the time he reached me.

Things did not end well.

It's only happened two times, but the RNG saying "hey you're just going to die now" is pretty stupid.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Previous

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon