Remove Advertisements

[Retri] PvE Raid Seal choice.

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

Re: [Retri] PvE Raid Seal choice.

Postby Lore » Tue May 26, 2009 2:25 am

I run without a second paladin, judge Light, and generally don't have any mana problems unless a fight goes reeeeeeallly long :P
Lore
Global Mod

Postby theothersteve7 » Tue May 26, 2009 5:35 am

I always judge Light as ret, and always judge Wisdom as prot. Partially out of laziness.

Mana issues depend on the fight, but on our progression kill of Vezax I could not get my mana to drop below 50%. And that fight is pretty tank-and-spank for melee. Granted, I was doing all sorts of crazy Hand stuff and interrupting at times. Fights where you hold DPS (or just have to run around out of range of anything) tend to have less mana issues, as you hold off on moves like Divine Storm and Consecrate and reprioritize Judgment.

You should be sealing Blood/Martyr at all times, even in PVP from what I've heard. I do far more healing with just Divine Storm than you take from the seal. Try beating up a target dummy sometime with Judgment of Light; I don't even remember offhand if your health even decreases. Ret's self-damage is generally not an issue.
Moo.
theothersteve7

Postby uke » Tue May 26, 2009 6:53 am

FWIW, I just did Loatheb-25 last weekend, using Martyr the whole fight. My HP barely ticked down at all I just timed a quick self-heal when the healing debuff fell off, no issues.

Used Martyr on Gluth as well. Stopped attacking just before Decimate, threw a quick instant FoL after Decimate, and went on as usual.

If I got away with using Martyr on the two main "don't use Martyr" fights, I think it's safe to say it's usable everywhere else as well.
Pally's been relegated to AH duties.

RAWR'ing it up as a bear now, with a side of boomkin.
uke

Postby Fedaykin98 » Tue May 26, 2009 9:00 am

Yeah, I use Martyr on Loatheb and Gluth, too. It's not an issue on Loatheb at all, and it's not an issue on Gluth as long as you watch out for Decimate - I've killed myself a couple times by sleeping on that.

And I definitely use Martyr for PvP. I can't remember the last time I used any other Seal, actually.

Don't use the Glyph of SoM/B! Use Glyph of Consecrate! :) Remember, Consecrate = more mana and less cooldown clashing, so potentially more DPS. Martyr = more mana and no way to help increase DPS at all. I almost never run low on mana, and when I do, it's at the end of a fight and I only want mana so I can continue rocking the meters, because the boss is going down either way. In such a case, popping a mana pot will basically fill my bar even when I'm running on empty.

Most raid nights, I have no mana issues and never use any pots. Of course, I say that, but no one will be Judging Wisdom tonight! XD
Fedaykin98

Postby Lore » Wed May 27, 2009 1:45 pm

theothersteve7 wrote:Mana issues depend on the fight, but on our progression kill of Vezax I could not get my mana to drop below 50%. And that fight is pretty tank-and-spank for melee. Granted, I was doing all sorts of crazy Hand stuff and interrupting at times. Fights where you hold DPS (or just have to run around out of range of anything) tend to have less mana issues, as you hold off on moves like Divine Storm and Consecrate and reprioritize Judgment.

Vezax gives you an aura that doubles your JotW regen, which is a lot more than you'll get out of Divine Plea (and anything else). He's really not a good indication of how well off your mana regen is.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Sala » Thu May 28, 2009 2:22 am

The only anouying thing about the self dmg from Seal of blood is the recoil dmg in a duel....... i jus keep killing my self. its quite funny in the start but agrh gets anouying when every 2nd Duel you end up dead...
-Sala-
Sala

Postby Baelor » Thu May 28, 2009 4:59 am

Sala wrote:The only anouying thing about the self dmg from Seal of blood is the recoil dmg in a duel....... i jus keep killing my self. its quite funny in the start but agrh gets anouying when every 2nd Duel you end up dead...

Use Flash of Light every time Art of War procs.

And this thread is about PvE raiding, not duels.
I am the light that brings the dawn.
Something Wicked this way comes.
Formerly: Baelor of Runetotem-US (2006-2007) | Cathmor of Malfurion-US (2007-2010)
Follow me on Twitter
Baelor

Postby theothersteve7 » Thu May 28, 2009 5:18 am

Lore wrote:Vezax gives you an aura that doubles your JotW regen, which is a lot more than you'll get out of Divine Plea (and anything else). He's really not a good indication of how well off your mana regen is.

No wonder! I couldn't figure out what was going weird with my mana in that fight. Thanks.
Moo.
theothersteve7

Previous

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes