Remove Advertisements

[25] How hard does Hodir hit you?

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[25] How hard does Hodir hit you?

Postby Doxa » Mon May 25, 2009 6:09 pm

Folks on the official forms was discussing the whole CD/BV/Mitigation argument and one of the other paladins there mentioned getting hit (and copied / pasted the combat log) by Hodir for 25k-ish. I can't recall the exact number.

This didn't seem unusual to me. Moreover, it was a regular melee attack as some of it was blocked (so not Frozen Blows). The DKs were calling b.s. and asked for a WWS right before the thread was locked.

I'm nearly positive I've been hit that hard by Hodir before but don't have a WWS (15 days old) of it.

So.. how hard does Hodir hit you on heroic?
Tanking Trash on Doxa with Consecration(Rank3) Since 2007, on Doxah with Thunderclap since 2009 and on Doxeh with Death and Decay since 2010

Meanwhile, pulling DPS from fire with life-grip on Enlight and throwing lightning on Pneuma.
Doxa
Maintankadonor

Re: How hard does Hodir hit you?

Postby masterpoobaa » Mon May 25, 2009 6:35 pm

haha. Great minds think alike. that was me.
Ive been done for a nomal 30k ish hit that sent me to the floor on 25man hodir once. I didnt screenshot it though so its just my word for it *shrug*

I do know it wasnt a frozen blow (as it was blocked), and that i would have been tanking with my 4 piece frost set, and my base defence in that gear is 542, with around 24% dodge, 17% parry, 17% block. - so it wasnt a crit.

Ive also been smashed in the iron council in 10man for 36k too.
That was an unfortunate combination of a fusionpunch that wasnt dispelled in time and a rune of power that spawned a fraction of a second before he faceplanted me.

Our raid leader has fun calling me squishy lol.
Fully raid buffed in stam gear ive got 40400hp
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby Doxa » Mon May 25, 2009 6:54 pm

Yeah, I tend to think that the DKs were underestimating a bit how hard they have been getting hit with their CD down. 18k just doesn't seem reasonable to me.
Tanking Trash on Doxa with Consecration(Rank3) Since 2007, on Doxah with Thunderclap since 2009 and on Doxeh with Death and Decay since 2010

Meanwhile, pulling DPS from fire with life-grip on Enlight and throwing lightning on Pneuma.
Doxa
Maintankadonor

Postby Maat » Mon May 25, 2009 6:59 pm

The only thing that overwrites Demo Shout is Curse of Weakness and Demo Roar I think?

Hodir got me with a few 25-26k hits according to this week's WWS, but he only had a 1-minute uptime on Demo Shout the entire 5:32 minute fight (lazy goddamn warriors) Most of the melee hits seemed to be around 22-24k without demo, 20k with it.

http://wowwebstats.com/3www1gujqqdlo?a= ... 965-821095 for the WWS I guess.
Maat

Postby masterpoobaa » Mon May 25, 2009 7:05 pm

yeah 18-22k is the norm for me on hodir.

Our guild doesnt do any tank swapping for frozen blows, just use 1 tank through the whole fight with defence gemmed frost gear on to retain the defence cap.

I <3 485 frost resist with frost aura up. 12k to 16k resisted.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby Maat » Mon May 25, 2009 7:15 pm

I only use 417 FR in my kit when solo tanking him in both 10/25-man, but we generally have Divine Sac and Aura Mastery/Shield Wal rotations for the Frozen Blows. His normal melee hits don't seem too terrifying as long as he's got an AP reduction debuff on.
Maat

Postby moduspwnens » Mon May 25, 2009 7:55 pm

I don't think I've seen anything higher than 25k, but that's something my healers can handle. His hits are fairly slow and predictable.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Zumor » Mon May 25, 2009 11:33 pm

masterpoobaa wrote:yeah 18-22k is the norm for me on hodir.

Our guild doesnt do any tank swapping for frozen blows, just use 1 tank through the whole fight with defence gemmed frost gear on to retain the defence cap.

I <3 485 frost resist with frost aura up. 12k to 16k resisted.

I gemmed my frostgear with staminagems only and use 2 Def-rating trinkets instead.
frostresi 450+(cant remember how much^^) critimmune, more stamina than normal (frostresigear has huge stamina on it plus up to 3 +24stamina gems in them = more stamina than my normal tankgear) and a bit less avoidance (not unhitable but still good defence, (extra stamina helps out a bit)
my life was never the problem in our 10man, either the raiddamage in frozenblows phase killed people or slow DPS (too long fight, healermana)
I cant remember what he hits me for exactly, but it wasnt that extreme to endanger my life all the time
Zumor

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon