[10/25] Yogg Saron

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10/25] Yogg Saron

Postby d503 » Fri May 15, 2009 4:42 pm

inthedrops wrote:I believe what Psiven is saying, and he's saying you can do it without ever getting hit. So I'll be making a serious effort to "joust" next time instead of running in, stopping for 1/4 second to ensure I am in long enough to hit him, and then running back out.

Yeah, I didn't always get hit, but frankly, unless you're flawless and have a pretty good ping, you're playing with fire attacking a Crusher that has a 99 stack of that buff!
d503

Postby Treck » Sat May 16, 2009 7:33 am

Someone said to our DK tank to interrupt the crushers by just going meeleing them.
This resulted in him suiciding over and over again.
And after I said that he cant suicide when they have +30 debuffs he wondered "debuffs? what? what do they do? and how do i see them?".
In 10man its never a problem really, the stacks hold for a sec or so and falls off all the time since theres not so many ppl nuking them, in 25man however they go up to 99 all the time, but you can still have an eye on them should it fall off.
I try to keep the limit at 30buffs or so since then you wont get oneshotted.
Treck

Postby Frickit » Tue May 19, 2009 5:40 am

Our first attempt in 10 man didnt go well. For some reason no one knows where to stand or which way to run away from clouds, and the healers are complaining they cant reach people, and the dispelling is a problem. We have a holydin, holy priest and shaman healing. Didnt help that tanks dont know how to cooperate and dps have no control. No P2 first night.
Frickit

Postby Seloei » Tue May 19, 2009 6:07 am

I'm guessing HotR got fixed also, since quite a few times when i ran in last night, hit that and ran out the dim. power didn't fall off also.
Also, noticed that in order for him to stop channeling that i had to be meleed, or well 'parry dodge miss or get hit' by the attack for the stack to fall off.

For phase2 melee, theres a very good guide on warcraftmovies how their supposed to do it. Take 10 minutes before the next pull on 25man to copy what they did so that the ones who can cover the most distance fast in the brain room go on the furthest ones etc so that you get max stun time downstairs. If the brain crew are fast enough you will only get just one crusher per phase, if they aren't you will hit 2 and might have to bloodlust to get back on track uptop.

Outside, we just have the ranged burn down the crusher asap with a tank dancing in/out if the stacks fall off, and they do quite often unless of bad luck since the debuff lasts only 1s or was it even 0.5s? The second tank picks up the new crusher with a healer.

We just ignored the corruptors until the crushers are dead and anyone in the constrictor either used their immunity or were freed fast (save bop for melee in there)

imho this fight is 90% execution, 10% luck. Once everyone knows how to do phase1 and 2, it's a kill each week with the same keeper setup
Seloei

Postby Candiru » Tue May 19, 2009 8:54 am

Small point to note:

Mind control + shammies/priests using rank 2 purge/dispel = Loose the MC and one additional buff.

Check for RF after each mind control. (or better yet, get them to use rank 1)

(Mine disappears often)

On another tack, can anyone get Grid to work with clique to dispel the mind controls? I can dispel from selecting and casting, but not from clique on grid.. (checked cleanse for both hostile and friendly..)
Candiru

Postby Davalin » Tue May 19, 2009 9:03 am

Candiru wrote:Small point to note:

Mind control + shammies/priests using rank 2 purge/dispel = Loose the MC and one additional buff.

(Mine disappears often)

On another tack, can anyone get Grid to work with clique to dispel the mind controls? I can dispel from selecting and casting, but not from clique on grid.. (checked cleanse for both hostile and friendly..)

Clique doesnt work for dispelling mc, as the grid ui only sees them as hostile and u cant cast dispell on hostile targets. But clicking on them and using the right key (number 3 for me) for dispell is easily quick enough, constantly topping dispelling for tries as a holy paladin.
Powerbocking FTW!
Davalin

Postby Bastien » Wed May 20, 2009 4:22 pm

Davalin wrote:
Candiru wrote:Small point to note:

(Mine disappears often)

Clique doesnt work for dispelling mc, as the grid ui only sees them as hostile and u cant cast dispell on hostile targets. But clicking on them and using the right key (number 3 for me) for dispell is easily quick enough, constantly topping dispelling for tries as a holy paladin.

Decursive FTW.
ImageImage
Bastien

Postby Neara » Fri May 22, 2009 12:00 am

Frickit wrote:Our first attempt in 10 man didnt go well. For some reason no one knows where to stand or which way to run away from clouds, and the healers are complaining they cant reach people, and the dispelling is a problem. We have a holydin, holy priest and shaman healing. Didnt help that tanks dont know how to cooperate and dps have no control. No P2 first night.

As a RL i found a good way to deal with people that just can't seem to work out how to avoid clouds. Wipe, wipe and wipe some more. Do not try to find ways to make it easier for your raid. You run into the room. You do your stuff and than you wipe. Get back, buff and try again. I just turned deaf to people complaining that there had to be an easier way. I just played asshole. Told them to get back into the instance. 5 minutes/try + rebuffing. over and over again. And after ~40-60 minutes they finally figured out how it works. Skyrocketing repair costs seem to be good motivation to focus. :D
Neara

Postby Snippy » Fri May 22, 2009 8:58 am

Neara wrote:
Frickit wrote:Our first attempt in 10 man didnt go well. For some reason no one knows where to stand or which way to run away from clouds, and the healers are complaining they cant reach people, and the dispelling is a problem. We have a holydin, holy priest and shaman healing. Didnt help that tanks dont know how to cooperate and dps have no control. No P2 first night.

As a RL i found a good way to deal with people that just can't seem to work out how to avoid clouds. Wipe, wipe and wipe some more. Do not try to find ways to make it easier for your raid. You run into the room. You do your stuff and than you wipe. Get back, buff and try again. I just turned deaf to people complaining that there had to be an easier way. I just played asshole. Told them to get back into the instance. 5 minutes/try + rebuffing. over and over again. And after ~40-60 minutes they finally figured out how it works. Skyrocketing repair costs seem to be good motivation to focus. :D

We do everything by the door. The only thing that changes is our range to the center. When there aren't clouds up front we move closer to the pool. If clouds close in we move back by the door. In the center are 2 healers and 2-4 dps to finish off the adds. We use ferry method. This way only two people are really dancing in the clouds, thus closing in on the variabilty for mistakes to happen.

Another thing to do is go look at the room from above. You can see it from the Shattered Walkway (I think.... I'm one of those perpetually lost in th einsetance people). Note: Midgets will need Levitate to see it. Have people watch the clouds and how they path and move.
Steph - 80 Paladin
<Infernal Regions>
Server: Lothar
www.wowgirlsgonewild.com
Snippy

Postby Dantriges » Mon May 25, 2009 9:33 am

We ferry the adds to the center , too, but somehw it seems that we get to phase 2 by sheer luck.

We have no dps in the center. Grop in the middle seems to result in more people who have the opportunity to spawn adds.
Dantriges

Postby fuzzygeek » Mon May 25, 2009 10:02 am

In 10 we all cloud dance; missed the 7min ach by a second or two (my log says the fight took us 6:57, but no achievement for us :[). In 25s last night we tried the ferry method, and got overrun by lack of dps on watchers -- too much time moving them around, so we switched to the moving ball of violence, which worked out better.

Our problem now is sufficient DPS in P2 to keep ahead of the crushers. It probably would have helped if we had a full raid. Doing U25 with 23 people is amazing.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Dantriges » Mon May 25, 2009 2:08 pm

Moving ball of violence?

We tried ferry again tonight and either they got killed too early or clouds blocked they way and even with max density it seems that sometimes we just pop a cloud.
Dantriges

Postby Seloei » Mon May 25, 2009 3:37 pm

The only way to stop dps from poping clouds is just to force all of them do it and if someone keeps doing it constant, name and blame. We use the door tactic and if theres new dps around, it's 50-50 we get to p2. If all raiders are present, no extras are spawned. It's all about practice and experience, P1 is not something you can 'read and watch', you've gotta do it dozens of times until everyone figures it out.

Phase2 is 'controlled' by the speed of the braincrew, if their fast you only get one crusher and it's stunned for a long time, meaning it's dead before the next spawns. If their slow you get two up before it's stunned + one more when the stun wears off so possibly 3 up at the same time.
Seloei

Postby PsiVen » Tue May 26, 2009 5:29 am

Tip for the melee motions (including tanks): There are only two clouds in the middle to worry about, and they revolve in opposite directions. When the clouds are passing each other, you want to wait for them to split and then cross to the other side of Sara so that the clouds are always heading away from you, not towards you. When the add is low and it's time to get away from the explosion, make this same movement in whichever direction the clouds are headed away from. Whenever there is a clear moment without adds, stand directly on top of Sara, which is a safe spot no clouds cross.

This only applies to the strategy of all adds being brought directly to Sara for DPS, where the melee want to remain in the middle as much as possible. The result should be excellent uptime for the melee, everyone running out at ~20% and back in for the next one as soon as it arrives.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Frickit » Tue May 26, 2009 5:42 am

Neara wrote:

First full night on her on normal and that is what we did. Half way through we started getting into P2 until we had all up for a P3. Working on P3 just need to get there more often. We needed someone to lead the ranged around and call on vent.
Frickit

PreviousNext

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon