Remove Advertisements

[10/25] Progression: Keepers

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10/25] Progression: Keepers

Postby enix » Thu May 21, 2009 2:34 pm

So my guild is progressing to the keepers tonight and I was wondering which ones should be done first to last based on level of easyiness. I was thinking something like...

Freya--> Thorium--> Mimiron--> Hodir

Group make up:
Prot Pally
Tank DK
Ret pally x2
Warlocks x2
Arms warrior
Resto Shaman
Resto Druid
Holy pally/priest
enix

Re: [10/25] Progression: Keepers

Postby Aubade » Thu May 21, 2009 2:44 pm

Hodir -> Freya -> THorim -> Mimiron.
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby Mozen » Thu May 21, 2009 4:29 pm

Our first Keepers completion in ten-man went like Hodir > Freya > Thorim > Mimiron.

10 man I found the easiest to be Thorim. There are no tricky mechanisms, both teams basically are just the usual "gauntlet" type fights, and once you get into P2, just exchange tanks when one gets Unbalance Striked, and you're guaranteed a win. Thorim is easiest because there's simply too little that can lead to a wipe.

Hodir would be second easiest. It took our healers some tries to get used to ducking the Icicle, Flash Freeze and then healing through the Frozen Blow AOE. Solo tanking is probably the best way to help reduce healer learning curve on this one. Hodir is easy once you turn on Projection Textures. Make sure each person who died know why the died and how to avoid it the next time, and you'll get your kill.

Freya adds take some practice, but once everyone can execute the right tactics upon seeing which type of adds come, it's cake again. Again once you enter P2 it's a guaranteed win.

Mimiron takes co-ordination and lots of practice. We took two days to down him. First day was working out the P1 mitigation cool-down chain for Plasma Blast, then getting healers and ranged to duck the P2 Laser Barrage properly. On the second day we got into P4 smoothly and majority of the time were either spent corpse running after losing people to stupid mistakes in P1/P2, or spent seeing one of the parts healing back at the end of P4 and losing people at the same time so we missed the timer. In total we spent close to four hours on Mimiron.

All four keepers are easy enough on 10-man. They just have slightly more things than the previous bosses to watch out for, so make sure your raid is fresh and focused. Most deaths are due to carelessness or tunnel-vision. If your raid has got through smoothly to the keepers, I'd say you have what it takes to down them.
Mozen

Postby Faro » Thu May 21, 2009 10:01 pm

enix wrote:So my guild is progressing to the keepers tonight and I was wondering which ones should be done first to last based on level of easyiness.

This really depends on the skill of the individuals. Hodir is nothing if your healers are decent and people don't get hit. Thorim is a joke if your tanks are good and nobody gets hit by the lightning. Freya is a push over if your dps are disciplined and your tank pick ups are solid. Mimiron tests all three roles, so is generally seen to be the hardest. He does, however, get obscenely easy with a disciplined tank in p1, p3, and p4. Keep this in mind, but also remember that you only need one good tank for mimiron.
"Safiyas, if you don't stop screwing up I'm going to replace you with someone that has a Y chromosome." -Laethalas
Nikachelle on the Jewelcrafting Nerf- "Called my boyfriend up and told him. Think I ruined his day. :s"
Faro

Postby Jasari » Fri May 22, 2009 6:01 am

For 10man, my progression would be:

Hodir->Thorim->Freya>Mimiron

When my guild was actually progressing through this we saved Thorim for last because for some reason the fight sounded the hardest. In reality, once your arena team is able to figure out how to survive, it's extremely easy.
Jasari

Postby Nalyn » Fri May 22, 2009 11:46 am

Our 10 man progression was... Hodir -> Thorim -> Freya -> Mimiron.

In the 10 man, Hodir, Thorim and Freya are all, roughly, even, testing different parts of your raiding core for each.

25 man we did the same... Hodir -> Thorim -> Freya -> Mimiron.

If I had to do it over again, I'd probably do Freya -> Hodir -> Thorim -> Mimiron, if for no other reason than the fact that Freya nets you 3 conquest tokens, even if you don't kill her, and a fourth if you do.
Nalyn

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon