Remove Advertisements

[10] Kologarn Crunch Armor Change

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10] Kologarn Crunch Armor Change

Postby Kriskringle » Wed May 20, 2009 12:08 pm

So I haven't seen this posted here yet - I ran Kologarn last night and noticed that his Crunch Armor debuff (-20% Armor) was lasting 5 seconds instead of 20. Checked the official forums and ran across the latest nerf thread:

Kologarn’s Crunch Armor effect of his Overhead Smash now has a greatly decreased duration in the 10 player Normal difficulty setting. This change negates the explicit need to tank swap Kologarn.

Like it says above, there's no longer a need for any 10-man group to swap tanks on Kologarn.
Kriskringle - 80 - Duskwood
Greatfather Winter is a sham.
Kriskringle

Re: [10] Kologarn Crunch Armor Change

Postby Jasari » Wed May 20, 2009 12:12 pm

I swear this was hotfixed halfway through our kill last night. At the start of the fight I was getting 2 stacks, but then after the first swap, I never got more than 1 stack. I didn't know there was a change and wasn't looking at the debuff duration though, just how many stacks I had.
Jasari

Postby Falibard » Wed May 20, 2009 12:32 pm

Jasari wrote:I swear this was hotnerfed halfway through our kill last night. At the start of the fight I was getting 2 stacks, but then after the first swap, I never got more than 1 stack. I didn't know there was a change and wasn't looking at the debuff duration though, just how many stacks I had.

Fix't =P
Falibard

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed May 20, 2009 12:39 pm

You still need a 2nd tank for the Rubble Alliance, no? Or are people solotanking this?

The reduced duration makes this plenty easy, but tank swapping can be fun :[
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Jasari » Wed May 20, 2009 12:43 pm

fuzzygeek wrote:You still need a 2nd tank for the Rubble Alliance, no? Or are people solotanking this?

The reduced duration makes this plenty easy, but tank swapping can be fun :[

I'd bet a DK could solo tank it since he can grab the adds from ranged, but I think as a Paladin you'd get hit by petrifying breath if you moved to pick up the adds - maybe not though, you might still be in melee range of the chest.

I'm disappointed with the change, it was a really fun fight to tank with the swap because you had to be on your toes and ready to pick up adds or pick up the boss depending on the debuff situation.
Jasari

Postby ulushnar » Wed May 20, 2009 12:44 pm

Well even before the change, if you had decent avoidance, stacks would fall off before new ones were applied
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Marwan » Wed May 20, 2009 12:50 pm

On the 10 man version I would just toss my shield at the group when they spawned and almost all of them would come over to the front of the boss, then I would just taunt the 1-2 that didn't cooperate.

This just makes it even easier.
Marwan

Postby Jasari » Wed May 20, 2009 12:53 pm

Ulushnar wrote:Well even before the change, if you had decent avoidance, stacks would fall off before new ones were applied

Decent avoidance AND luck. Before the change, I'd never count on not having to tank swap.
Jasari

Postby Maddok » Thu May 21, 2009 4:28 am

Noticed this last night, and my DK co-tank swears the rubble doesn't debuff on 10s anymore. I'm so solo tanking this next reset.
Maddok

Postby Magnilda » Thu May 21, 2009 5:26 am

The Rubble hasn't applied the debuff on 10-man for a while now. I had to solo tank this last week because the MT ran straight off the ledge to his death at the start of the fight. AS + Excorcism picked up the rubble. Even with two stacks of the debuff it was healable, although it looked like I was taking some pretty intensive damage.
Magnilda

Postby Carnegie » Thu May 21, 2009 5:53 am

Jasari wrote:
Ulushnar wrote:Well even before the change, if you had decent avoidance, stacks would fall off before new ones were applied

Decent avoidance AND luck. Before the change, I'd never count on not having to tank swap.

Bubbletaunt works very well if you get unlucky.
Carnegie

Postby Mert » Thu May 21, 2009 6:51 am

Another tank in my guild actually managed to pick up the adds each time just by strafing slightly and consecrating apparently. His breath didn't trigger so I guess his chest hit box is plenty large enough to do this. Personally though I'd probably still stick with the AS + Exorcism thing but it's certainly do-able without breaking your rotation from what I hear.
Mert

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon