How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Re: Just wondering how many of you have done dual prot specs

Postby Invisusira » Sat May 16, 2009 1:17 pm

My dual specs are "tanking" and "tanking General."
Invisusira

Postby Panzerdin » Sat May 16, 2009 1:30 pm

Wouldn't it be easier just to drop Consecrate?
Panzerdin

Location: On a picket line, protesting against the changes to Maintankadin

Postby Venoseth » Sun May 17, 2009 9:26 pm

I have dual specs, one max survivability and one threat/DPS/OTing.

MT:
Spec

OT:
Spec

I want Imp. D-Sac for when I'm OTing. With the first build, I get all the utility and max survivability and I'm only losing a bit of DPS.
"Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work."

"Education is an ornament in prosperity and refuge in adversity."
Venoseth

Postby Snippy » Fri May 22, 2009 8:27 am

I went ret. So I could quest quicker.... however its turned into me going ret on a number of fights... I should consider getting hit capped.
Steph - 80 Paladin
<Infernal Regions>
Server: Lothar
www.wowgirlsgonewild.com
Snippy

Postby Dem » Mon May 25, 2009 4:01 am

Started dual prot, but now gone Ret. Survivability isn't much of an issue now so I dumped the max survival spec and went 54/17 prot/ret with PoJ.
Dem

Postby Vedge » Fri May 29, 2009 4:10 pm

I thought about dual prot spec at the start, but after i checked my offspec retri gear the decision was quite obvious. I'm able to do a decent 4-4.5k dps in my ret gear and that is a much larger contribution than having a backup tank around. I didnt really have situations where i'm desperate for those tiny bits of surviviabilit that LoH spec provides.
Imagehttp://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Draenor&n=Vedge
Vedge

Postby Solare » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:24 am

I dunno about the rest of you, but especially with my 10 mans, I've been raiding with the same bunch of people since Rooks farmed Amani Warbears from ZA before they took them away. Our 10 man team is strong, and despite the fact that we're not a raiding guild, we have some of the best progression on server.

Anyway, my prot warrior partner, Zenndor, wanted to have two tanking specs. One high threat / the other high mitigation. For reasons varied, he eventually made a fury spec. While I, collecting all that otherwise unused healing plate, made a healing spec.

He's good at it. But the problem is, he's a damn good tank, too. And at first, I was asked the to heal the one-tank fights. Mimron, Hodir. But as we got better and they didn't need my lawl healing anymore, Z was asked to go fury more and more until he's always going fury in one-tank fights. Because I really suck at healing. xD

And that simply isn't fair. Now, I have a ret pally as well, and I'm really good at that. So Z asked me if I could make Solare a ret off-spec as well. Now, through the whole expansion, I haven't picked up a single piece of ret gear. I have a ret pally alt. Why would I? But Z and I are good friends. Mildly competitive at times. ^^ But that's a good thing. Sometimes we make little contests.

Zenndor[Raid]: I can survive longer without healing than you!
Solare[Raid]: Oh yeah?
Zenndor[Raid]: Yeah!

Solare has died.
Zenndor has died.

Zenndor[Raid]: Whoo-hoo!
Anthelena[Raid]: /facepalm

So, here I find myself, talking to the valor emblem quartermaster again, even though I long ago said my good-byes. He looks at me, oddly, as if to say, "Why are you back?" as I eye the Ret Libram, and thank my lucky stars I don't have to farm Naxx 25 for it.

So I'll still be collecting healing gear. Keeping it nice and polished... for... I dunno. Cuz' you never know? I don't really like healing because I'm not good at it. And I'm not good at it because I don't like it. I'm not sure which came first, but this post has gone on WAY to long. xD Is WAY off topic and is going to end.

Now.

Maybe.

xD
Solare

Previous

Return to Basic Training & Talents