Postby Neganur » Wed May 13, 2009 6:30 pm

2.2.4 coming out somewhere tonight.

ProtPaladin updates:

- Target armor changes with target Level
- Reset trackbar to default for set level by doubleclick
Neganur

Re: Rawr.ProtPaladin

Postby Slept » Wed May 13, 2009 8:43 pm

2.2.3 is giving me a lot of errors when I try to change gems and things, Neganur. I don't know if this is specific to the Protpaladin module or if it's for all of Rawr.
Slept

Postby Neganur » Thu May 14, 2009 9:26 am

As far as I understand, there was a bug in the base code regarding default gemmings which has been fixed in 2.4.
Neganur

Postby Meebo » Fri May 15, 2009 11:51 pm

What is the purpose of the "Enforce Gem Requirements*" when looking at gear choices through Rawr?
Meebo

Postby Levantine » Sat May 16, 2009 12:09 am

Turns on/off your meta gem depending on what gems your gear is socketed with. (Instead of the gem always being active)
Levantine

Postby Meebo » Sat May 16, 2009 12:16 am

Now if it only turned on my meta instead of being always on because it seems to "activate" all gems in each item which begins my confusion with item choices with the aforementioned option being select.
Meebo

Postby Fairbo » Thu May 28, 2009 7:35 am

Solieu/Neganur, is there a way for you to add an option in the Optimizer for the "Calculate to Optimize" drop down to combine only the Survival & Mitigation ratings? I currently don't have any issues with threat and would like to optimize my gear based around survival and mitigation but not include threat. I get greatly differing results when I use each one individually and would be nice to have one that combines the 2 that help keep me alive.
Fairbo

Postby solieu » Sun May 31, 2009 4:39 pm

Fairbo: I'd suggest setting Threat Scale to 0 in the options panel and giving a minimum TPS requirement within the optimizer while optimizing for Overall Rating.

That should suit your needs until we make the necessary changes.
solieu

Postby culhag » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:09 pm

That may be a silly question but, does it take into account set bonuses ?
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby solieu » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:02 pm

Yes.
solieu

Postby Irascibly » Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:02 am

Ok. So I've gone through this thread. I've been lurking on this site for ages.

I tank Ulda 25. I am looking for the best way to set up for trash and bosses.

I have enjoyed Rawr for some time as Ret, but it's much more complicated when it comes to tanking, of course.

My confusion is this: I'm not amazing with the numbers being talked about here. Posting the equations is nice, but they don't compute for me.

I'd like someone to just lay out which Ranking System is best for each boss, and what value to set the Boss Attack Value at for each boss.

I'm not asking for every single trash mob attack value, but other than setting the value to 30k for trash like someone had mentioned previously, which ranking system are you using for that? Tankpoints?

I had thought Tankpoints was my favorite Ranking System, but I hadn't messed with the Boss Attack Value slider. Occasionally I've reduced the threat scale to 0, of course, but I've always been confused as to why armor was ranked so high.

I understand now (at least better than I did) that armor is really damn good. I knew it was pretty good, but sometimes the rankings that Rawr would spit out just didn't seem to make sense. Now that I've found the Boss Attack Value slider, perhaps this will change.

Anyway, I searched the topic for "ranking" and read through basically the whole thread. It was very helpful, but I didn't get quite enough info about each Ranking System, or at least not as much as I was hoping for.

So maybe someone will be kind enough to help the nub out.
Irascibly

Postby seandamnit » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:32 am

Irascibly wrote:Ok. So I've gone through this thread. I've been lurking on this site for ages.

I tank Ulda 25. I am looking for the best way to set up for trash and bosses.

I have enjoyed Rawr for some time as Ret, but it's much more complicated when it comes to tanking, of course.

My confusion is this: I'm not amazing with the numbers being talked about here. Posting the equations is nice, but they don't compute for me.

I'd like someone to just lay out which Ranking System is best for each boss, and what value to set the Boss Attack Value at for each boss.

I'm not asking for every single trash mob attack value, but other than setting the value to 30k for trash like someone had mentioned previously, which ranking system are you using for that? Tankpoints?

I had thought Tankpoints was my favorite Ranking System, but I hadn't messed with the Boss Attack Value slider. Occasionally I've reduced the threat scale to 0, of course, but I've always been confused as to why armor was ranked so high.

I understand now (at least better than I did) that armor is really damn good. I knew it was pretty good, but sometimes the rankings that Rawr would spit out just didn't seem to make sense. Now that I've found the Boss Attack Value slider, perhaps this will change.

Anyway, I searched the topic for "ranking" and read through basically the whole thread. It was very helpful, but I didn't get quite enough info about each Ranking System, or at least not as much as I was hoping for.

So maybe someone will be kind enough to help the nub out.

For non hard mode bosses, just set it to 80000 raw damage for bosses. Some will hit for less than that, but then, do you really need to build a gear set around that? I don't even bother building an optimal set for trash - they hit hard enough to make stacking block value/rating like in Naxx a bad idea. I just make sure I'm 6% hit capped and use my main tank set.

As for the ranking, I didn't fully understand the difference between the different ones either. So what I did was run the optimizer at full thoroughness and the same settings (540 defense, 100% avoid+block, max Overall, threat scale set to .1 when aval) for each ranking and compared the vital stats (health, armor, avoid, block, DTPS, Damage per Blocked Hit). Each ranking favored things a little differently, but I found that overall Damage Taken Mode gave the best overall vital stats. Mitigation Scale and TankPoints are virtually identical, and ProtWarr Mode is the worst by all metrics.

However, I've stepped away from using Overall to optimize lately. I found better success by first establishing what a good buffed health for me is (44000 for non hard mode stuff my guild is struggling through right now), 540 def, 100% avoid+block, then max Avoid.
0-8 bar fighting record
seandamnit

Postby Irascibly » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:14 pm

Yea, I guess you pretty much just play with it to point you in the right direction.

I mostly want it for tie-breakers, but that varies depending on the fight.

Take Thorim for example. Good to have close to hitcap, of course, but what's the best way to mitigate an Unabalancing? Stack more armor or stack more health? Sure it depends on the amount, but I'd be interested if my AC set would be slightly better than gaining 1k HP. Guessing the armor, since my health should be high enough + mitigation high enough (glyph of salv/bubble wall) to take the hit.

For Fusion Punch on IC hard mode, though, stacking an assload of health most likely better than armor since it's magic. He hits hard, though.

We also noticed Unbalancing sometimes misses. Is this limited to ~5% chance to miss or because of increased avoidance through gear/talents?
Irascibly

Postby Kalakaua » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:50 pm

I just started using Rawr and the results seem very questionable. I suspect I'm doing something wrong. I wanted to look at gear from a pure survivability/mitigation standpoint since I have no problems with threat. Under Options->Ranking, I set Threat to 0 and loaded my character from armory.

Rawr seems to think that DMC:Greatness is better than Heart of Iron when looking at combined mitigation/survivability. I know that this can't possibly be true. Does anyone else get this same result?
Kalakaua

Postby Gamingdevil » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:58 am

Have the formulas for dodge and parry been updated since the recent patch?
If it is weak, kill it before it gets stronger. If it is strong, weaken it.
Gamingdevil

PreviousNext

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros