Dark Moon Card Greatness

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Re: Dark Moon Card Greatness

Postby Eanin » Fri May 15, 2009 11:31 am

You could, of course, get both. 90 agility is a goodly amount of dodge, armor and even threat (it's about 2% crit). It'll almost certainly proc strength, which is admittedly weird, but strength = BV and even more threat, so it's not like it''s a bad thing.

Compare it in a way to the General's Heart. It has 107 dodge and a 205 damage reduction shield proc. DMC:Agility has 90 agility and a 244 BV proc. They're really close in my mind. I have a post on agility, so I won't do the comparison here.

I have the strength one, and it's irreplaceable in a threat/block set. However, the Agility card is really, really nice.
Eanin

Postby majiben » Fri May 15, 2009 12:19 pm

Nice yes, really, really nice? No.

I would recommend http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40683 before it as an avoidance trinket. Especially considering the cost. It's a good all around tanking trinket but it's poor at specializing. It's some avoidance, some threat, and some mitigation.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Eanin » Fri May 15, 2009 1:38 pm

Well, we can have two trinkets, so it's a nice secondary avoidance trinket.

It's true, it's a bit of a jack-of-all-trades trinket, since agility is a jack-of-all-trades stat, but there's nothing really wrong with that. It's something for all occasions. Plus, agility is incredibly cheap from an item budget perspective when you consider all it does.

What you've got here is a decent avoidance (90 agi) trinket with some mitigation (armor + BV) plus the best threat proc available. It does a lot of things decently and together adds up to a really nice item.
Eanin

Postby Treck » Sat May 16, 2009 7:20 am

I really dont think its worth anything getting the agi greatness for tanking, sure the agi gives some passive avoidance etc, but the procc will always be str.
This means a passive avoidance with a random equip +threat/bv effect.
Its like having a strong avoidance gearpart and gem/enchant it towards threat, when imo that part should be gemmed towards move avoidance.
Otherwise youll run around with a lot of decent parts thats good all around parts beeing ok at most tasks, but not really great for anything.
I got myself 2 decks yday, and im getting one for int and one for str, as a threat/bv part thats usefull for retri aswell.
If you want avoidance trinket, id suggest a pure avoidance with a use effect so you can decide when you need that extra avoidance.
Treck

Previous

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice