[25] I Choose You, Steelbreaker

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: I Choose You, Steelbreaker (25)

Postby kram » Sat May 09, 2009 7:45 pm

Oryann wrote:Can you DI without the boss getting healed for your death?

nope, you still blow up. the only option right now is hearthing out (although they may have fixed that already)
kram

Postby Taragon » Sat May 09, 2009 9:33 pm

Spent 6 hours on this a few nights ago and this is what I got out of it.

We nearly the whole night trying to do rune strategy and rarely made it to phase 3 with everyone alive. I was tanking Steelbreaker and did get gibbed a few times from a rune going up under him in phase 2 as he's casting a fusion punch (one shotting me). When we would get to phase 3 with a full raid we'd usually end up loosing someone to gib damage which leads to an automatic wipe. (too much damage on tanks, too much healing to the boss, too much aoe damage).

Our last attempts were with the storm caller second which made getting to phase 3 amazingly easy but presented too much of a dps hurdle. This is definitely an achievement that will be easier with gear as your raid's dps improves.

As for the VW strat that many guilds have done: Some people like to claim that it's a creative use of game mechanics like the original VW on Sarth+3. The difference here is that by using a VW you are effectively eliminating the hardest part of the encounter(RE: the soft enrage). In my honest opinion it shouldn't be counted as a kill. Drama has proven that your can do it legitimately.
Taragon - Ex-Maintankadin of Insomnia

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... &n=Taragon
Taragon

Postby itankforcash » Tue May 12, 2009 1:28 am

I saw Dramas video and they have the raid hugging the boss in phase 3 with about 3 ranged staying at a distance, does this mean steelbreaker only casts static charge on people not in melee range? if so that is a great way to control the raid healing on this encounter.
itankforcash

Re: [25] I Choose You, Steelbreaker

Postby Passionario » Wed May 13, 2009 3:15 am

Crygil wrote:5/13/09

* If a pet dies from Overwhelming Power on Steelbreaker in Ulduar, Steelbreaker will gain an Electrical Charge.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Candiru » Thu May 14, 2009 7:51 am

What happens if a Pet is dismissed, or if a person D/Cs and disappears (eg if you log in again on another character it should DC your first one)
Candiru

Postby Splug » Thu May 14, 2009 8:29 am

You'd have to be actively tanking with the pet for it to matter (the change specifically effects pets with Overwhelming Power), so while you may be able to exploit around the fix to prevent the original exploit, you'd have to go so far off the beaten path to work around a beatable encounter mechanic that it's really not worth figuring out.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Cakes » Thu May 14, 2009 5:43 pm

Candiru wrote:What happens if a Pet is dismissed, or if a person D/Cs and disappears (eg if you log in again on another character it should DC your first one)

Steelbreaker gets a charge regardless of whether the meltdown target actually dies or not. Pet tanking is effectively worthless for this fight now, which is a good thing.
Former GM and Raid Leader of Midwinter - US PVE Ysera
Cakes

Postby Worldie » Fri May 15, 2009 4:37 am

itankforcash wrote:I saw Dramas video and they have the raid hugging the boss in phase 3 with about 3 ranged staying at a distance, does this mean steelbreaker only casts static charge on people not in melee range? if so that is a great way to control the raid healing on this encounter.

Looks like so, many people referred to those 3 people as "soakers".
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Splug » Fri May 15, 2009 8:50 am

Yeah, the disruption can't hit targets within melee range as long as there are sufficient ranged targets for it. One of our dps deathknights is compiling a video from this week's raid, I'll post a link once he's done editting it. Does anyone know where to get voice files? I think he wants to add in the boss yells.

-Splug
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Splug » Fri May 15, 2009 12:49 pm

Looks like he finished with the editting; no idea if he ended up adding the voiceovers or not, I'm still downloading it myself. http://files.filefront.com/Iron+Assembly2+1wmv/;13761025;/fileinfo.htm. Point of view should be a damage deathknight, so you get a nice showcase of the official Steelbreaker gathering point: the left buttock cheek.

-Splug

EDIT: Haha, he included the 150k hp wipe from last week... awesome.
Last edited by Splug on Tue May 19, 2009 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby icydevarosp » Sun May 17, 2009 8:52 pm

Just letting people know if you are tanking in p3 as one of the tanks (we only used two as seen in the fight above) (Splug SS and popped back up to tank a second time dumb CD rotating DK's) you HAVE to HAVE the salvation glyph. If you noticed in the video above I taunted steel breaker in phase 2, to gain threat that splug(spyte) has been getting all through p1. That way we didn't have to worry about my taunt failing, only his if that was the case. Also it gave me enough threat to pop salvation without threat capping anyone...

-Spyte Dies
-Lyro Gains Agro
-Lyro Uses Bubble Wall
-Lyro Uses Salvation and calls out for sacrifice
-Lyro dies 30 seconds later after taking agro
???
-Profit!
icydevarosp

Postby towelliee » Mon May 18, 2009 9:13 am

Besides Priest/Paladin CD's, how are most Paladins surviving this. Who tanks first? Because we really only have one major CD would you guys suggest the Paladin tank first, Druid/Warrior Second, and DK last for the amount of CD's they have?

I currently have a macro that activates divine plea, DP, and cast Salv on myself. After that is over I am in a heap of trouble. We wiped last night for about 3 hours or so on this one. I tried to be the second tank but even after I popped that macro I still got 2 shot after 1st tank died
towelliee

Postby Falibard » Mon May 18, 2009 10:42 am

Splug wrote:Looks like he finished with the editting; no idea if he ended up adding the voiceovers or not, I'm still downloading it myself. http://files.filefront.com/Iron+Assembly2+1wmv/;13761025;/fileinfo.htm. Point of view should be a damage deathknight, so you get a nice showcase of the official Steelbreaker gathering point: the left butt cheek.

-Splug

EDIT: Haha, he included the 150k hp wipe from last week... awesome.

I'm assuming you were a Blood spec for more health... were you using consumables too to increase your health? (i.e nightmare seeds)

What was your unbuffed HP for this fight? How much do you think is necessary?

What kind of cooldown rotation did you use?

Edit: I was hoping to get answers to a couple of those questions from the video but all I saw was a bunch of Steelbreaker butt =P
Falibard

Postby Faro » Tue May 19, 2009 1:43 am

I know in 10m it's possible to have a warrior with the 37/0/34 spec tank, then when he receives the buff he just goes completely ape s*** on the boss to help with dps. Can you do something similar in 25m or does he hit like a freight truck on a warrior giving up that much in the prot tree?
"Safiyas, if you don't stop screwing up I'm going to replace you with someone that has a Y chromosome." -Laethalas
Nikachelle on the Jewelcrafting Nerf- "Called my boyfriend up and told him. Think I ruined his day. :s"
Faro

Postby Cakes » Tue May 19, 2009 2:01 am

Faro wrote:I know in 10m it's possible to have a warrior with the 37/0/34 spec tank, then when he receives the buff he just goes completely ape s*** on the boss to help with dps. Can you do something similar in 25m or does he hit like a freight truck on a warrior giving up that much in the prot tree?

This was a normal white swing on our second meltdown tank (a warrior) from the kill we had tonight:

04:34.437 [Steelbreaker] hit [Maldor] 34800 (1651 blocked)

I'll let you be the judge.
Former GM and Raid Leader of Midwinter - US PVE Ysera
Cakes

PreviousNext

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon