Remove Advertisements

[10] Mimiron P4

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10] Mimiron P4

Postby Thark » Wed May 06, 2009 1:26 pm

Before the fix what we found working the best was to have a tank on the middle, even though it's not explicitly needed.

In 25 man I've only DPSed. Annoyingly enough our first kill came when we used 2 tanks and had the 2nd one taunt after the first was killed by a laser barrage while baby-spiced. The second tank taunted and we killed the boss.

In 10 man I was tanking, and watched cooldowns. I didn't have an issue with it. I don't know if this is because our tank in 25 man was doing it differently, or if it has different mechanics.

From trial and error my best advice is to watch his cooldowns, not use baby spice, and have a tank on every section.
Thark

Postby moduspwnens » Mon May 11, 2009 10:15 pm

I've wiped my group twice because of this tonight. Both times the same thing happened. He started charging up his big laser, I noticed that while not in imminent danger, I'd need to spin around him to avoid it. And surely enough, the odd mechanics that large mobs follow made the mob walk enough beside or behind me for the laser to tick twice and kill me instantly. I was really ticked because the wipes were certainly my fault but I didn't know what to do about them.

We didn't have a tank for the middle section and I assume that through HotR and Consecration that I had aggro. Will simply having a tank on the middle section solve that problem? If not necessarily, has anyone else run into this problem and what is the solution?

I've always felt like the mechanics of big mobs' movement were buggy, but it's never been this deadly.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Megamanic » Tue May 12, 2009 1:12 am

I hate Mimiron as for some reason the base seems to move differently from normal mobs and I found the tank is in most danger of dying when the barrage starts 90 degrees from the right side of the tank this is because if you don't strafe properly he skitzes out and the majority of the time moves into a position we're your right in the path of the barrage again.

What seems to do the trick is to move close to his centre, strafe a tiny bit slowly making great care to stay facing the base and then back out from his centre slowly. This comes with two problems, first of all if he fires a rocket at you while you're trying to be careful not to move him the red crosshair is concealed by the boss and secondly if you back out or strafe too quickly he repositions anyway.

Of course having someone who can take a hit (He hits almost as softly as runemaster pre-buff) taunt the base for a second who's made a note to stay behind the mid section keeps him stationary a lot easier and with less chance of him repositioning. Although when the cooldowns of the overload and barrage overlap later in the fight your best bet is to just pop divine shield and /cancel aura to eat the overload and get into position behind the middle section as even if he does move melee should still be outside the centre circle.
Megamanic
Maintankadonor

Postby Treck » Tue May 12, 2009 3:13 am

moduspwnens wrote:I was really ticked because the wipes were certainly my fault but I didn't know what to do about them.

Dont take it to hard, it is an annoying hitbox he got and Its for sure much easier standing as ranged avoiding rockets and spinnup and then blaming the tank for not beeing able to, even tho hes got 15more things to do at the same time.
However what i do when spinnup comes i just jump through the boss, imo its usually safer than trying to strafe around him trying to turn him bit by bit. if you can jump through him before spinnup (when hes casting the thing) it should be all good and he should stand still for the duration of the spinnup. Its best if you can avoid moving at all when hes casting spinnup, so try to jump to a position you know hes not gonna pass through.

moduspwnens wrote:We didn't have a tank for the middle section and I assume that through HotR and Consecration that I had aggro.

The middle section isnt tankable, just like phase 2, he turns for different ppl all the time making dmg input hectic and unreliable but theres nothing you can do about it.

moduspwnens wrote:I've always felt like the mechanics of big mobs' movement were buggy, but it's never been this deadly.

I dont think theres many buggs left tbh, however controllable, its hard to controll. It used to be worse, when he would just randomly spinn 360degrees in a sec. And even tho its not all that bugged it could be improoved by blizz. Making it actually possible to see the rockets as a tank (or yourself for that matter), making him spinnup in a predictable pattern undepending on how his lower part is moving.
Our kill yday [10] was very messy, having 2lower parts on 5%, and the head on 40%, with 4 ppl alive (meele, tank, healer and a ranged)
So only one person could dps the head, the phase took a bit more time, but we managed, once head was on 5%, bottom part was on 0.5% from holy shield dmg :P.
Treck

Postby moduspwnens » Tue May 12, 2009 9:37 am

Thanks for the replies. I'll see what I can do about that.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Belloc » Tue May 12, 2009 11:52 am

Also, if you can think quickly enough, you could bubble as the pewpew is heading towards you and just taunt the base so he'll stick on you. You'll get a good 3 seconds of fixate before you have to use your other taunt. By the time both of those are down, you can drop your bubble.

Plate melee can easily survive a hit from him, so don't be too worried if that happens.
Belloc

Postby Treck » Tue May 12, 2009 1:27 pm

Belloc wrote:Also, if you can think quickly enough, you could bubble as the pewpew is heading towards you and just taunt the base so he'll stick on you. You'll get a good 3 seconds of fixate before you have to use your other taunt. By the time both of those are down, you can drop your bubble.

This is actually why we managed to get mimiron down so fast compared to the rest of the server, we had a Pally to tank it. And It was a really good way to survive the Laser/shockblast combo to bubble and taunt depending on when and how the laser was rotating. Other guilds were shieldwalling/GS and whatever CD they had for the tank to survive the shockblast, tho he still needed to get to a position behind the boss before spinnup. I prefer taking 0 dmg tho ^^
However they "fixed" it making then unable to happen at the same time. It still is a very good way should you ever be slow with the shockblast for whatever reason, bubble and taunt, remember to remove it tho, its still a risky move tho :P
Treck

Postby Avengeance » Sat May 16, 2009 6:38 pm

From what I experience... if you stand too close inside him, you get hit by barrage even tho you arent really in front of the gun, because I guess the game thinks you are in the center of the boss which means you are "in front of him" regardless which direction you are actually standing.

Work around is... whenever you see the barrage starts anticlockwise of you, run straight through him, then you turn around, and slowly step backwards to build distance (max melee range). Dont run backwards or he just follows you and you end up inside him again. Of course you need to have epic reaction speeds, because by the time you see "spinning up" you have like 2-3 seconds to position.
Avengeance of Boulderfist-EU
Guild Master of High Tempest
Avengeance

Postby Katamai » Sun May 17, 2009 7:46 am

Every single time i tanked him i died due to this and it's annoying as hell.

No matter how little i strife or move, he either goes nuts, starts juggling and wipes the raid with barrage or kills me with pewpew since i don't move by much. Our feral has the same prob while the warrior for some reason always manages to avoid "his" barrage even though he's doing the same as feral and me.

Fucking hate this boss -.-
I... was... once... called... Ashbringer...
My... son... watched... me... die...
KILL... THEM... ALL!
Katamai

Postby Belarkan » Mon May 18, 2009 12:49 am

I indeed managed to move around him by strafing + facing the center + moving in and out but this doesn't always work yet.

I also tried to run through him but got hit by the lasers and died.
Belarkan

Postby Seloei » Mon May 18, 2009 1:17 am

it's an extremely delicate movement to not turn him and still not get hit by the lazors while his doing it.
The best way we found was if i run to almost the exact spot where the lasers start zapping and standing still there, even if i think he will turn towards me.
He does it on 120 degree arc, so that close to the edge isn't needed but it helps.
Seloei

Postby Ascendant » Mon May 18, 2009 4:21 pm

I have been trying to perfect my "rotating the boss arc" so that he doesn't move. 9/10 times though, he does shift to my left or right. I have wiped my raid twice so far by this, the rest is just pure dumb luck. Trying to use the circles on the floor as a guide is not the best idea, unless the boss is centered perfectly. So far the best method I have found is to move in very small increments, so that you can adjust your angle quickly and reduce the amount of movements. I wish there was some way for me to practice the turning, but most mobs aren't as awkward to move around.
Ascendant

Postby bashef » Fri May 22, 2009 4:30 am

There is actually a neat trick to avoiding the laser barrage in p2, and especially in p4. The key to it is this: he always rotates clockwise during barrage, and the total rotation is about 120 degrees (1/3 of a full circle). Thus, if you're properly positioned at the start of the barrage you don't need to move at all during it, saving all the crap with him moving around while the barrage is happening in phase 4. This is also extremely effective for ranged dps/healers who are much safer outside the circle of mines for the duration of the encounter.

Basically all you do is the second you see him spinning up, run straight through the boss to a position just anti-clockwise of the starting point. Make sure you edge out a bit to avoid getting lasered by standing inside the boss, and the rest is easy. However, I have to say that getting rocket-blasted while tanking him because that stupid buffer thing on the front of the bottom section completely obscures both your character and the red circle of death heralding your imminent demise is not fun :( The only way I really found to deal with this is to just run straight through the boss every time a rocket launches in case it was targeting you.
bashef

Postby Belloc » Fri May 22, 2009 9:25 am

A note on rocket strikes: The graphic was changed to be much more vertical. It's incredibly obvious now, even while standing inside the boss' hitbox.

If someone misses it after 3.1.2, they're simply not paying attention.
Belloc

Postby Fedaykin98 » Fri May 22, 2009 12:57 pm

What does the rocket warning graphic look like? I've never seen it, though I'm looking.
Fedaykin98

PreviousNext

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon