Blessing of sanctuary

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Re: Blessing of sanctuary

Postby kywirelessguy » Mon May 11, 2009 8:13 am

He actually does! That's the worst part. He just either doesn't know how to use it or chooses not to use it.

It wouldn't really work the for the 10 minute buffs anyway. If you notice when you go to set 10 minute buffs, it doesn't list any buffs that are already assigned as 30 min buffs. I have mine set for Kings for pallies, so kings wouldn't show up under my name for his 10 minute buffs.

Now thats based on brief observation and not making any attempt to work around it. There may be a way I just don't know about.
kywirelessguy

Postby Venoseth » Mon May 11, 2009 1:06 pm

Why don't you cast greater BoSanc and then BoK him after he's greater BoK'd you then Wis'd himself (w/ the BoWis glyph it'd be 30 minute Wis for himself)? ^^

Second option would be to greater BoSanc you both then BoWis him (he greater BoKs you both). Sure he doesn't get imp. BoW, but he can't keep up blessings otherwise. heh
"Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work."

"Education is an ornament in prosperity and refuge in adversity."
Venoseth

Postby majiben » Tue May 12, 2009 12:12 am

kywirelessguy wrote:He actually does! That's the worst part. He just either doesn't know how to use it or chooses not to use it.

It wouldn't really work the for the 10 minute buffs anyway. If you notice when you go to set 10 minute buffs, it doesn't list any buffs that are already assigned as 30 min buffs. I have mine set for Kings for pallies, so kings wouldn't show up under my name for his 10 minute buffs.

Now thats based on brief observation and not making any attempt to work around it. There may be a way I just don't know about.

Yeah the work around is to assign 10 minute buffs before 30 minute or to run off that 30 minute buff briefly
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby tbolt » Tue May 12, 2009 2:10 am

I'd love to be able to king myself without losing the mana regen benefits of Sanc as well, I'm not too concerned about the 3% DR since other people can do it too and kings is a huge survival boost anyways. Sadly I've responded to a couple of such posts on the official forums and no one seems to be listening, I have not seen one blue response to any of the threads regarding this issue. I too am usually the only paladin in 10mans (which I run far more often than 25s) and it is a royal pain to pick one or the other, or constantly switch back and forth. I hope someone at blizz finally does something about this but until then I think most prot pallies would welcome such a change.
tbolt

Postby Levantine » Tue May 12, 2009 3:12 am

I'd love to be able to bless kings as well.
Levantine

Postby kywirelessguy » Tue May 12, 2009 5:38 am

They have condensed every other buff in the game, I wonder why they haven't given Kings to any other classes. Would that take too much paladin niche away?
kywirelessguy

Postby Jasari » Tue May 12, 2009 5:43 am

kywirelessguy wrote:They have condensed every other buff in the game, I wonder why they haven't given Kings to any other classes. Would that take too much paladin niche away?

Kings is now brought by 3 specs (prot, holy, ret). There are plenty of other buffs that only come from a single class:

MoW
Fort
Bloodlust
Commanding Shout/Spirit/Int (each have a lesser version that a lock can provide).

It definitely seems to be their stance that buffs can be exclusive to a single class as long as they're not available only to a specific spec within that class.
Jasari

Postby Wolvar » Tue May 12, 2009 6:17 am

If it's a choice. Kings and BOS on the tank is more important than wisdom on the healer.
Wolvar

Postby kywirelessguy » Tue May 12, 2009 6:24 am

Jasari wrote:
kywirelessguy wrote:They have condensed every other buff in the game, I wonder why they haven't given Kings to any other classes. Would that take too much paladin niche away?

Kings is now brought by 3 specs (prot, holy, ret). There are plenty of other buffs that only come from a single class:

MoW
Fort
Bloodlust
Commanding Shout/Spirit/Int (each have a lesser version that a lock can provide).

It definitely seems to be their stance that buffs can be exclusive to a single class as long as they're not available only to a specific spec within that class.

I definitely can agree with that, I already think things are too homogenized.
kywirelessguy

Postby Whait » Fri May 15, 2009 10:36 am

kywirelessguy wrote:He actually does! That's the worst part. He just either doesn't know how to use it or chooses not to use it.

open the pally power grid window were you can assign folks what buffs there doing, up by the names you can click on for a drop down typ menu, itll let you select the 10 min buff by who is doing it and who its going to so when u refresh you can right click for greater on the whole class and left click for the 10 minute itll show you the timer for the 30 min and right above it itll show you the timer for the 10 min buff
Whait

Postby theckhd » Fri May 15, 2009 11:11 am

Whait wrote:open the pally power grid window were you can assign folks what buffs there doing, up by the names you can click on for a drop down typ menu, itll let you select the 10 min buff by who is doing it and who its going to so when u refresh you can right click for greater on the whole class and left click for the 10 minute itll show you the timer for the 30 min and right above it itll show you the timer for the 10 min buff

That's not the point. He's (correctly) pointing out that the drop-down menu you're describing doesn't include listings for blessings that are already assigned to someone else as a Greater Blessing.

In other words:
I have paladins A, B, and C.
Paladin A is set up to buff (Greater) Wisdom
Paladin B is set up to buff (Greater) Might
Paladin C is set up to buff (Greater) Kings

If I'm paladin C, and I want sanctuary, I can use the drop-down box to assign myself a 10-minute Sanctuary, which is what you're describing.

However, if I also want to set Paladin A to give me a 10-minute Kings, I can't. Since I'm already buffing all of us with Kings, it doesn't list that on the drop-down box as an option.

There is a "Free Assignment" checkbox that uses some logic to skip buffs that don't make sense or are already assigned. I'm not sure if unchecking this works for the drop-down box assignments though. It may be worth a try.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Venoseth » Mon May 18, 2009 1:23 am

You can always just remove greater blessings before you assign lessers in PallyPower.
"Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work."

"Education is an ornament in prosperity and refuge in adversity."
Venoseth

Postby Gowron » Mon May 18, 2009 3:14 am

Assign normal blessings first, then assign greater blessings in pally power.

Now you cant see hem anymore in PP, but PP will turn blue (or whatever color you have assigned) for smaller blessings when the greater is gone.
Gowron

Postby moduspwnens » Mon May 18, 2009 7:17 am

They need to make paladin buffing easier, that's for certain. No, I'm quite aware that with PallyPower it's not "that hard," but seriously. Go make or join a Naxx25 pug. Right now. See what the raid chat is? Unless you happen to have four good Paladins buffing well, you'll be spammed the entire raid with "wisdom plz" "kings plz" "KING WISDOM MIGHT." It's particularly worse now because of Shaman totems overwriting BoW, and if you're Prot and keep blessings up, and the one BoSanc'ing, then you have to deal with, "can i have wisdom instead of sanc?"

"we have four paladins. you can have everything."
or
"it's just going to get overwritten by totems."

Any time you PuG with more than one Paladin, it feels like solving a jigsaw puzzle to figure out who should have buffed who. As either the raid leader or "ranking Paladin," I have to not only keep track of who wants what buffs and what Paladins are giving it to them (because they probably don't have PallyPower), but also readjust quickly if one should leave and be replaced and to be sure that the correct spec of Paladin is giving the correct buff (for Imp Wis, Imp Might and Sanc). It's a lot better now that there's only four instead of six, but the fact that there's "two prot blessings" and that the other specs are going to want to be giving their improved buffs to the class means that unless you have four Paladins, you now also have to watch and manage the ten minute buffs, which is all but futile in a normal pick-up group.

It makes me feel bad whenever the inevitable "why are paladins so retarded" or "why don't i have my pally buffs!?" or "WHY IS THIS TAKING SO LONG" comes out. Sure, it seems simple (in theory) to other classes. They either don't buff, or can buff the entire raid with a single button click. There's only one buff, and either you have the improved version or not. Only the Paladin class (and Shamans somewhat) have to deal with these shenanigans. I'd like to see them just tack on some marginal benefit to people who don't currently benefit from the blessings (like spellpower to Might and expertise to Wisdom. Kings is fine) and Sanc deleted and rolled in elsewhere. Then just make them raid-wide instead of class-based and we'll be set.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Rothes » Thu May 28, 2009 9:54 am

Here is my idea...

Scrap BoSanc totally... make that talent into... Sanctuary - passive always on BoSanc while a shield is equipped (mana return and 3% reduction).
Rothes - Protection Paladin - Bloodscalp
"When you are content to be simply yourself and don't compare or compete, everybody will respect you."
--Lao Tzu
Rothes

PreviousNext

Return to Basic Training & Talents