Remove Advertisements

Trash (specifically the 5-pulls)

Hydross, Lurker, Leotheras, Fathom-Lord, Tidewalker, Vashj

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Trash (specifically the 5-pulls)

Postby Cimzar » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:35 am

My guild just had our first run through the trash in SSC, and made it through all of the trash around the ring without much problem.

I was curious if there was any way to prevent the casters from turning around and doing the silence, though. Most guides say to turn them away from the raid, but every time I did this, the caster would simply turn around, blast the raid with silence, and go right back to attacking me.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this unavoidable? And how have other pallys found works best for negating the silence affect as much as possible?
<3 Bram
The enemy outnumber us a paltry three to one, good odds for any Paladin!
Cimzar

Postby Worldie » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:24 am

The silence has a range, we usually tank them turned around and far from the raid.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Crusherus » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:38 am

Our guild is just starting in SSC but we have finally mastered those 5-pulls. The trick we found for the hate screamers is to tank one of them where they start, tank the second one behind the raid or off to the side. This ensures that their sonic burst for about 5k damage doesn't overlap. The raid stays 15-20 yards away from those 2 screamers at all times to avoid getting silenced.
Dragonmaw - US
Crusherus

Postby Cimzar » Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:22 pm

I tried the range thing. In fact, I was tanking the pets at the same time, and I pulled them so far from the raid (to try to eliminate the charge they kept doing on the other tank) that I backed into the next collosus... our one wipe of the nite, as a matter of fact. They weren't yelling about getting silenced by that time, but it's probably because they were running the other direction :wink:

Since it is an attack you can outrange, wouldn't it be better to tank them with your back to the raid, since that would keep the mob farther from the raid while still being in healing range for you?
<3 Bram
Cimzar

Postby YoYoMa » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:27 pm

We just ignore the silence pretty much. The first pull for example we tank the two casters where they start (I'm usually on one of them), a druid gathers up the pets and I concecrate so they usually come to me when they enrage. So pets and casters at the bottom of that ramp where we start. Then they pull the beast master up the ramp to the raid and kill him. We've then killed casters next or pets. Didn't really matter, the pets die faster but they don't enrage after the beastmaster is dead so whatever works best for you.
YoYoMa

Postby Cimzar » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:49 am

Thanks for the tips. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something glaring.
<3 Bram
Cimzar

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:18 am

Why not sheep the casters? Pretty sure that's how we do it.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby YoYoMa » Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:28 am

Pretty sure you can't sheep the casters. The pets are sheepable but only when they aren't enraged. If the beastmaster enrages them they bust out of sheep.
YoYoMa

Postby Worldie » Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:25 pm

fuzzygeek wrote:Why not sheep the casters? Pretty sure that's how we do it.

They are immune so probably you are meaning those Brokens later in the istance or the Sirens in the Lurker pulls :)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Return to Serpentshrine Cavern